Trouba Deal - 7 years 56 Mill

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by RangersFan, Jul 19, 2019.

1. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

Too much money I think. Not going to flip out, but I wanted to see where Trouba's head was at, and we see he only cares about the money. I thought if it ended up at 7-7.5 per he was working with the team. Anything over 7.5 and he just wanted money. Well we got our answer at 8 mill per. Again not going to flip out over 500-700 K per, but it does tell me something about Trouba.

2. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

At least with all the young players on ELCs for 3-4y it will help offset any slight overpays but the last few years may be a crunch cap wise. I'm surprised they're having an issue moving Namestikov for a midround pick at his salary, but it's only July so we'll see.

3. Rangers94

Rangers94 Well-Known Member

I’m curious now what’s going to happen with Kreider. At this point they just need to move Names for whatever. Need the cap room I’d think. Gonna be a tight cap situation for us.

4. Ranger71

They'll get a contract done with Kreider i think but if not they can always deal him at the DL if they're out of the race. Right now they just need to buyout Smith and get a trade done for VN or Strome, maybe throwing in pick/prospect to do it.

5. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

Pretty fair deal for a 25 year old first pair righty who excels at both ends. It’s in the range that every reporter had been estimating from the jump. Now he has to earn it.

Sure it would be nice if he left money on the table but guys who do that are the exception not the norm. Shattenkirk did it and the entire fan base is still ready to run him out of town. Plus he got hurt his first season, tanked his value and likely won’t ever get another contract of any significance. So I won’t ever get on a player for getting a fair deal, which this was.

6. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

When moron organizations like the Flyers give a 4o point scorer like Hayes 7 million a season, Trouba was getting more.

BigDaddyAl1973 likes this.
  7. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

Strome is the type of player this team needs, tough, plays both ends, and can score. I actually think Namestnikov would play great with Panarin but the team needs cap room. In a perfect world Smith, Shattenkirk and Staal are gone

8. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

I have to think Gorton has a few deals in place before he signs Trouba.

9. Ranger71

I like Strome but if he's the one that ends up getting the cap space even so be it. I would think Namest would be the more attractive one to teams being he only has one year left.