OT ...Trump...beginning of the end?

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by yankeesince59, Feb 2, 2016.

1. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

2. totus44

totus44 Lord of the Dark Side

Hate it? No, not at all. Conservatives hate this plan more than the left. What I appreciate is the completely sane and rationale tone of that piece vs the insanely over emotional and contrived bs found at daily beast, huffpo, NYT, etc.

This is all in the GOP, they completely lack a plan for success, At some point I think you'll see the WH pivot to one of these more conservative plans. Just remember most of the GOP loathes conservatives as much as you do Trump, lol. The soon we shrink govt the better, because then the power goes too. What the most of the GOP leadership fails to see is that the reward for having control to reduce the power of govt would hand them sustained election wins.

Hammerojustice likes this.
  3. totus44

Never said I supported ACHA or Trumpcare. And budget reductions matter, regardless of size.

Call me whatever name you want if that makes you feel better. But all I see is a 9 month rant and not one single constructive solution.

Hammerojustice likes this.
  4. yankeesince59

lol...what name did I call you?...you mean Trumptian?...you mean you have not been staunchly defending him every time something negative has been said about him?

...and sorry, but yes you did support Trumpcare in your last post...if not, please explain the link that you claim offers "alternative perspective"... is that anything like "alternative facts"? I posted something complaining about this new bill and you tried to counter it, as you have been for months. Spin it however you like but yes, that means you are supporting it. Or, you're simply arguing just to argue.
    ...and stop acting like you are somehow now taking the high road on name calling, hypocrite. Evidently, in your alternate universe it's OK for you to broadly refer to someone who refuses to drink the Trump kool-aid as a "libtard" but it's somehow wrong to refer to you as a "Trumptian"... how do you explain this type of logic?

...as far as "constructive solutions", I'm not the fucking President, and neither are you so what's the point? Can you justify what this master plan of Trump's is going to do to older folks who are on a very limited income?...yes or no?...I'll wait.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  5. yankeesince59

...lol..."contrived"?...exactly what was contrived?..answer, nothing. But once again, there's your weekly news source bashing...you don't dispute the news itself, but instead only the source of where that news comes from.
    ...what makes you think outlets who cater to the right are any more/less accurate/biased than those who tend to lean to the left?

...and what fucking difference does it make as far as where the news comes from?...can you dispute what those links said?...yes or no?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  6. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    this just in, since we got back in. 1 & 1/2 hrs ago.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social
    (clip)
    The ruling means the 90-day ban on new visa approvals won’t be enforced beginning Thursday, as intended by the White House. The decision by the judge in Honolulu to block the policy nationwide will almost certainly be appealed by the Trump administration and could reach the U.S. Supreme Court.

The judge is one of three across the U.S. who spent Wednesday weighing whether to impose a temporary halt on the president’s second travel ban, which was tailored by administration lawyers to stand up to the legal challenges that imperiled its predecessor. Revisions to the order weren’t enough to convince him that the ban was free of religious discrimination.

U.S. District Judge Derrick Watson said in his ruling that a reasonable person would conclude that the “stated secular purpose” of the order is “secondary to a religious objective” of temporarily suspending the entry of Muslims.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  7. Mattingly23NY

there has to be a way to write, or revise this and have it passed by the Supreme Court, without reference to Muslim people or nations. Or-...

One would think over decades of time, people would realize (as many have), that religion with radical intents to integrate within; and eliminate the infidels, (being us), would make it more than acceptable to disallow travel of any threat(s) to Our nation. Radical ISLAM, Muslim, are bona fide Enemies of the State in any wolves clothing, even if it's hiding behind burkas, and other Sharia Law/Religious garb.

Where there is no separation of church and state, as with many nations, then one's state is their religion, and one's religion is their state, their entire personae albeit religion or state, is at the stakes of a Jihad/War. I thought we learned as much from the Fkng Crusades for chrisssakes...!!!

When zealous religions, and organizations, or the people who lead mass terror, have but one intent, disguised behind the freedom of religion;, of which they're not entitled to have to begin with, being non-American Foreigners. Yet petty judges, attempt and do, throw out road blocks, demanding a dangerous future for our nation, in this era, for non-discriminatory hiding behind our constitutional freedoms

Whose the wiser,- ?
    1- those trying to disallow terror, and travel to our nation?
    2- The fkng Libtards, who wan't to continue supplying rope (visas) to their own hanging(s); same as bullets for the next mass shooting.
    Or-
    3- the terrorists desiring our heads? Imo, I see no differences b/t #2-3

8. yankeesince59

^^^the problem is, the bill was doomed to failure to begin with. It should have never been submitted the way it is currently structured.

...and the gutless wonder who calls himself Paul Ryan, will deservedly take the fall for this faux pas.

Mattingly23NY likes this.
  9. yankeesince59

10. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

There is so much extraneous government waste in the current budget that there is too much to list. The arts can survive with private funding just like npr and the rest of them. Most of these departments went up in there budgets 30 to 40% under obama as did the way overbloated state department. Trump is adding to security, defense and our vets which should be the priorities. Not talking about you 59 but I'm so tired of these backstabbing liberal weinies and these activist judges; the latest in Hawaii who somehow can't comprehend the constitution but rules based on his personal feelings and innuendos to come to their bullshit rulings. How this pork brain asshole judge in Hawaii thinks he has a better clue of what the security risks of the US are better than the president is just a joke.

11. yankeesince59

...to be fair, the ruling of the Hawaiian judge is based on and backed up by law...personal feelings in this case can neither be proved nor disproved. And though his ruling may be a subject for debate I think it's no stretch to believe that the judge certainly has more knowledge and a better overall understanding of the law and the Constitution than Trump does.

...I'm by no means disputing that Trump's intentions may be correct in principle, but thus far almost all of his directives have been poorly thought out. This comes from his complete ignorance of how our government works. He has also done himself no favor by bashing judges, the media, and for that matter, anyone who questions him.

...sorry, but the man has no leadership skills whatsoever.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  12. yankeesince59

...just watched the Merkel/Trump news conference....what an embarrassment.

13. Mattingly23NY

I totally missed it; gonna' look for a video copy of a "replay on demand".

Pretty bad eh?

14. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

His actions & body language,,,,,,,,,,,,,,forget his limited language and double talk,,,,,,,,,,,,,were so demeaning toward Merkel. This person spins everything directed toward him. I find he would rather blame anyone but himself, whether it be for his words or his actions.
    He will never put his name to anything.,,,,,,,,,for example, "Do not put Trumpcare to the 'new' health care bill". The guy is spineless.He's a detriment to the USA. The man never finished a damn thing, but coming from NYC, he sued and kept suing others and he would never ensue a project unless he was backed by other people's money and he did not care if the project failed as long as he could walk away unscathed. This is how he will diminish America.......very scary individual.

He has a problem, one of many, with a powerful woman......his feeble handshake says
    he does not like women in power,,,,,,,she's a threat. What's astonishing he takes the
    threat very personal.........an example of childish immaturity.He was down right very rude
    to her. No wonder Putin wanted this person as POTUS!!!!! The world is mocking him and no one is laughing.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  15. Mattingly23NY

^^^^ the perfect definition of a Sociopath
    - jest sayin'

Sociopath-
    • Superficial charm and good intelligence
    • Absence of nervousness or neurotic manifestations; while conning another.
    • Unreliability
    • Untruthfulness and insincerity
    • Lack of remorse and shame
    • Inadequately motivated antisocial behavior
    • Poor judgment and failure to learn by experience
    • Pathologic egocentricity and incapacity for love
    • General poverty in major affective reactions
    • Specific loss of insight
    • Unresponsiveness in general interpersonal relations
    • Fantastic and uninviting behavior with alcohol and sometimes without
    • Sex life impersonal, trivial, and poorly integrated
    Or-
    [​IMG]

16. Mattingly23NY

***1- takes zero responsibility for his fk ups, yet in his eyes, he's incapable of fkng up, he's perfect, knows more than anyone on anything; which was his one and only constant during the campaigns. I for one got sick of hearing how he was an expert on matters, issues of which he couldn't even spell or speak adeptly on....ntm- his unprofessional mocking of other candidates below the belt, like the one he laid half the GOP candidates, during the debates.

***2-
    ntm- the billions he's taken in NYC/NJ, taxpayers monies, ie a social pariah or piranha... Trump tower would of never been built without taxpayer $$$, while the good folks of NJ, paid for his Atlantic City bankruptcies, his failed businesses a consistent recurring theme, ntm- his USFL Fiasco-boondoggle....leaving all holding their money bags, after a broken lie of a promise to the USFL Owners and League itself.

17. totus44

There are other things going on with this Merkel meeting. He got her to pledge increasing German defense spending, this is very controversial here in Germany. Basically he pushed her to the right but that hurts her at home because she's going to need the alt left to form a coalition post election.

We can parse the method, but the results are actually a net benefit for the US. As the Germans are fond of saying, let's not throw the babies out with the bath water.

18. yankeesince59

...lol...I guess that's your way of convincing yourself that you are looking at the big picture, so if that somehow helps you to sleep better I'm happy for you.

...blame it on the media all you want but the fact is that words do have consequences and Trump has brought his woes all on himself. And the more he shoots his mouth off on Twitter the more bombastic he appears and the less credibility he has...and the sad thing is that he doesn't even realize he's done anything wrong and staunchly refuses to acknowledge it and/or apologize for it.

...in the meantime, the country is paying for it because the time and money and energy spent on senseless trivial things could be much better served by concentrating on the real issues that matter. Just as an example, his latest "wiretapping" BS has metastasized and is now going global and is neither helping him at home nor abroad. And when he does try to get pertinent and important legislation enacted these sorts of things are hamstringing his well intended efforts that are paramount to this country and makes our government much less efficient than it could/should be.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  19. yankeesince59

...I was just watching Face The Nation and they were interviewing Nancy fucking Pelosi...this woman is completely off the hinges and I can't imagine that this dingbat actually believe the shit she says.

20. totus44

What amazes me more are the so called smartest people in the US in San Fran that keep electing her.