OT ...Trump...beginning of the end?

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by yankeesince59, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
  2. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

^^^yeah, 58 out of 59 cruise missiles hitting their targets is a pretty damn good batting average.

...the disturbing thing about Syria using these chemical weapons is that Russia may have actually been complicit. If these reports are true and if they also find that Russia/Putin did indeed conspire to meddle into our elections we should sanction the shit out of them, as should the rest of the world....we already know that economic sanctions do have an effect on their economy... this could eventually lead to Putin's swan song.

Mattingly23NY likes this.
  3. totus44

totus44 Lord of the Dark Side

Pretty sure Russians have tried to meddle in our elections ever since the end of WW2. Messing with the sovereignty of the enemy is done in all sorts of ways. This is business as usual, just takes on a whole new element in the electronic/internet age especially when fuckers like Snowden gave that enemy the keys to the liquor cabinet. Personally I think Obama, Hillary and Trump have all been played by the Ruskies to various degrees. I don't think it intentional, I think our politicians are just that fucking naive.

As to the strikes, more symbolism than anything else at this point in time. We'll see what else becomes of it. The reactions have been interesting. Below is the latest G-File from Jonah at NRO, Ron and Rob I think you'll find a lot that you like in this piece.

http://www.nationalreview.com/g-file/446552/trump-syria-strike-obama-red-line-enforced

4. yankeesince59

...I doubt the Ruskies have ever interfered with our elections to the degree and with as much vigor and probably not as much effectiveness as the last election.

...but yes, I agree that Trump's move was symbolic when you consider the response could have been much more severe...but he at least sent a message to everyone that he will not be the wuss that Obama was, by doing what Obama was too chicken shit to do...personally, I think he made the absolute best strategic move he could have made...not too bold, not too timid, and he's left himself some latitude should he decide to change course.

5. Mattingly23NY

Yep, Obuma stuck his head in the sand in 013 when Assad did as much; parting a shot of a pussified nation to be taken advantage of; under one who would of been better fit to of run the NAACP instead of a great nation he damn near crippled....

6. Mattingly23NY

^^^^
    I don't doubt those russkies meddling in any affairs, all is fair in love and cold war...

Always enjoy a good Goldberg article, like his flair, his candid views of a slightly different angle (for some)...

enjoyed his K9 update-Coz and Buckley...

7. totus44

And that's likely because Snowden worked for Obamas NSA and do you doubt that Obama was spying on foreign leaders and not Team Clinton too? No coincidence that the Russians knew how to get to team Hillary because Snowden probably knew who was vulnerable. Trump as an outsider likely wasn't in that data file of politicians and generally corporate folks have better comsec.

The moment the left realizes this is all because of Obamas watergate tendencies we will see the left drop this issue as old news.

I can't imagine Putin being too happy with Nikki Haleys speech at the UN where she painted them into the complicit or fucking stupid corner. Absolutely brilliant.

mrmel29 and Mattingly23NY like this.
  8. yankeesince59

...lol... I watched Haley's speech as it happened live, and also heard the BS declarations of innocence by the Syrian and Russian ambassadors...but when Nikki gave her blistering statement the look on the face of the Russian ambassador was priceless.
    ...and she was spot on...the Ruskies promised the US a few years ago that they would remove/monitor ALL chemical weapons from Syria...hence, as Haley declared, the Russians were either complicit or incompetent, or they were duped by the Syrians and played for fools...either way, this paints Russia/Putin in a very bad light.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    Mattingly23NY and stampedehero like this.
  9. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    thQKASMZFS.jpg Since the base still operated afterwards, it does this................with $$$$$$$ falling out of the sky.

10. totus44

Rob can expand on this with a novella post, but from my perspective:

Raining Tomahawks down on that base served the point of reminding Assad and his Russian and Iranian partners that American munitions (conventional or otherwise) are never more than a heartbeart away. The cost of this strike, roughly $60M in missiles is a whole lot cheaper that potentially losing a single fighter/bomber or flight crew. The Tomahawk program, which Obama tried to cut, just got a reorder for $60M to Raytheon which does in fact preserve/create jobs.

So lets add up the value gained from reminding our enemies not to fuck with WMDs, the boost it gives to our allies (especially Israel, Jordan, Saudi, etc), the congrats of the UN and international community, no Americans lives lost, domestic job stimulation and more operational experience to the sailors that executed the strike. I'm not seeing any downside here at all. The non-intervention crowd has the assurance the position hasn't changed, just the calculus. The hawks got 59 hard-ons, and Trump got to embarrass the Russians while having dinner with the Chinese president. Speaking of the latter, he also had to know that Trump hard just sent a carrier group to park off the cost of North Korea. Fucking coincidence? lol!

mrmel29 and Mattingly23NY like this.
  11. yankeesince59

...^^^took it as a compliment at first... till I reread that part a couple of times to finally comprehend it in it's intended context. :bgrin: :blazerwookie:

12. Mattingly23NY

actually you've nailed it, imo....not much more to say, almost speechless.

no novellas to write, other than to say, Clinton screwed the pooch with the failure to fund our 1st (ever) stealth cruise TSSAM missle's. 1 Mil a copy (initially); target acquired within 3" dead nutz. What a concept, deadly accurate, and invisible to radar....

http://articles.latimes.com/1994-02-15/business/fi-23133_1_secret-missile

The Fed's $$$ figures are way off, and (House Armed Service's Committe Chairman) Sam Nunn pocketed sales of his 10K acres in Perry, and still couldn't deliver this program .... This program was relocated from t/Left coast to the right, along with 500 peep's. Costs that were never recouped, and they say we had probs, it's a wonder t/Feds don't have to compete in an open market.....
    fk billybob...did we really need the V-22 Osprey???

Syria/Russia, N. Korea's got to give, Iran too, China, well someone tell me, I'd like to see those south china sea Island's used for nuke testing....good thing we've got more dovish hawks these days, a new breed, lol. Otherwise w/a hawk (Ronnie Reagan), all 4 would go up in flames, well at least 3 of the 4; (we've got to maintain allies in strange places somewhere)??? :devilwink::smiley-arap::smiley-yikes:

China get's a pass for now, let 'em keep their landfills, watch 'em sink over time, ie their Kansai Int'l Airport - 関西国際空港

Renzo Piano is alive and well in the S. China Sea...wonder if he likes the smell of napalm in the mornings....:gasoline:
    the devil's in the details...

13. Mattingly23NY

in the spirit of -
    p40 warhawk.jpg
    timber..... P-40 Warhawk -
    maxresdefault.jpg

14. Mattingly23NY

15. Mattingly23NY

Of course Assad and other rag heads are denying their attacks, and Russia is using pretzel logic, ie time to blow Migs out of the sky, with near "miss events"... seriously; with a cry of "never forget KAL flight 007".... a game Pukin chooses to play; so time to trump his hand, (pun intended)...

On Thursday, Syria’s foreign minister challenged accounts by witnesses, experts and world leaders that his government was involved. “I stress to you once again: The Syrian Army has not, did not and will not use this kind of weapons — not just against our own people, but even against the terrorists that attack our civilians with their mortar rounds,” the minister, Walid al-Moallem, said in Damascus.

and-
    Pukins rebukin' -suspends "key air agreement' ....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/russia-condemns-us-missile-strike-on-syria/2017/04/07/c81ea12a-1b4e-11e7-8003-f55b4c1cfae2_story.html?utm_term=.06981f870c48&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=EBB 4.7.17

<iframe width='480' height='290' scrolling='no' src='//www.washingtonpost.com/video/c/embed/8bcdb598-1b31-11e7-8598-9a99da559f9e' frameborder='0' webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  16. Mattingly23NY

these events were over-shadowed by the cruise missile special delivery to Syria

4/6/017

SANAA, Yemen — Yemeni tribal and security officials say a suspected U.S. airstrike has killed three al-Qaida operatives, including the brother of the Yemeni affiliate's late leader.

http://www.militarytimes.com/articl... 4.7.17&utm_term=Editorial - Early Bird Brief

4/6/017
    BEIRUT — U.S.-backed Syrian fighters have laid siege to the northern Syrian town of Tabqa, an Islamic State stronghold, two weeks after U.S. aircraft ferried forces behind militant lines to spearhead a major assault near the extremists' de facto capital, Raqqa.

http://www.militarytimes.com/articl... 4.7.17&utm_term=Editorial - Early Bird Brief

17. totus44

well now you know there was no coincidence on the use of 59 missiles. This was done to flood the google search engine optimization and hide this thread. I think your starting to get under Trumps skin, lol!

18. Mattingly23NY

^^^^ :roflmao::rotfl::smiley-laugh::twothumbs:
    59's on Trump's radar, time to take to the bunker, there's a lifetime of cheetos in there....

Maybe Donald's looking for someone with 59's experience, to run his Scottish golf course....
    You know he can make it worth his troubles; time = $$$$$$$ ,

what do you say 59, how much would it take for you to Manage this-???? not a bad gig if trump could be invisible...??
    http://www.trumpgolfscotland.com/default.aspx?p=DynamicModule&pageid=100109&ssid=100126

19. totus44

maybe we should get Ron a twitter account....if anything he might be able to wrangle a club repair contract for all the Trump golf courses, lol!

20. yankeesince59

...^^^hey, as long as there's cold beer and cheetos involved, I'm game.