OT ...Trump...beginning of the end?

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by yankeesince59, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
  2. totus44

totus44 Lord of the Dark Side

Nukes only going away when we have (1) a fool proof defense against them and (2) an even better way to destroy all enemies.

Peace is the absence of conflict and peace is transient. Conflict is the natural order of the universe.

Sorry to rain on your parade....light up and escape reality again.

Mattingly23NY likes this.
  3. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

...again, yes, conflict is the answer...to hell with our children and their children...brilliant plan, Tote.

...and sorry but; "Peace is not absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means." Ronald Reagan

...even your boy Trump cited this quote by Reagan...and you got a lotta gall telling people what reality is...who the hell do you think you are?

4. Mattingly23NY

Kluber 6.1 IP in this PS, and a 12.79 ERA, ... he actually lowered his era this game....

5. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    Was that a Trump tweet hhehehehe

6. yankeesince59

^^^LMFAO !

7. totus44

If we maintained Reagans course, I would agree. But in 2017 we are firmly on a trajectory towards global conflict.

I'm generally an optimist, but the world as we know is fucked. Dead men walking.....

8. yankeesince59

...so instead of trying to resolve our differences with other countries we should just burn 'em all, huh?...great outlook.

..."WW III" or "global conflict" as you have referenced won't be fought like conventional wars of the past and would end with everyone nuking everyone. Sorry, but total human annihilation is not the answer and I'm not ready to give up...but according to you we're all doomed anyway, right? So we all might as well stop making plans for our future and our childrens' future, spend all our savings frivolously, and stop going to work and simply let the world economy collapse and say "fuck it", right?

...again, great outlook and great solution, Tote...what's happened to you?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  9. Mattingly23NY

Next stop fkng with the 1st amendment.

Trump's getting old already; and oranger too. Bannon say's Trump's got a 30% chance of staying in office; wonder what he knows we don't???

Fake News, a term loosely used when Trumpet disagrees or gets bad press, so let's censor, or try to take away broadcasting licenses; not his job or authority to do so....this fkr is a little Dick---tator wannabe'....

imo, it's Trump that's a threat to Natl Security.... ~!~

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...gusting-press-able-to-write-whataver-it-wants

10. yankeesince59

^^^instead of simply claiming that news is false, why not actually prove it?

...it's always someone else's fault with Trump. His problems and failures are all self-inflicted so he has no one to blame but himself.

stampedehero and Mattingly23NY like this.
  11. Mattingly23NY

12. totus44

Nothing Ron, I'm an optimist. But that said I'm optimistic that human race carries on onto the stars. Those left on Earth are fucked.

13. yankeesince59

...lmao...nice tap dance,

...do you have any idea how far off into the future you're talking about ?...the problem with your forecast is that it presumes that these supposed star voyagers will have by then stripped themselves of the very human flaws that made it necessary to flee this planet...and if they have somehow figured out how to do that, it means that the human race is not "fucked" as you claim and kinda makes the need to leave a moot point, no?
    ...and a nuclear winter will also make your vision a moot point as well.

...where do you get this crap from anyway? You're so full of contradictions I don't think you even know what your point is, if you have one. You talk about the inevitability of WW III yet you claim to be "an optimist"...you also try to urge people to come to "reality" yet you speak of science fiction space odysseys....sorry, you make absolutely no sense.

14. totus44

it makes perfect sense. you are making the assumption that those innovators and explorers that would leave earth have the same flaws as those that chose to stay. the minority of visionaries that would go are drowned out here by the greedy and corrupt, but would be of common mind and voice. as for scifi, not really. extraterrestrial colonies are less than 50 years out, and the continued decay of things here will only serve to accelerate technology development.

you are so blinded by hate you dont make sense. trump is a symptom of a disease this country and planet has long been on a trajectory to self destruction. thats reality. and i am optimistic that the best parts of all of us will survive and thrive. you want me to be sad, worried, angry? no. why waste any energy on the things i cant control. what i can control is helping to develop the technologies that gets the better parts of us away from the sickness that infects us all. you have let that sickness control you and blind you that you think I'm the problem. No my friend, I'm contributing to the solution and the future.

look, until you have step away from the anger and hate, there is no point in our discussing politics. otherwise its just going to be a sniping contest that resolves nothing. after 3000+ posts you are fully entrenched in your position and never shown the willingness to step outside and look at a different perspective. You occasionally cross the line and make the argument personal and I just ignore it for the most part. We can agree to disagree, but there is not point to conflating differences with personal attacks.

so for the record, in my opinion, the world is hurtling towards WW3. Its never been a question of IF, only WHEN. Peace is a social construct that is in-congruent with human nature as well as all terrestrial life. We will always be in a state of cold and hot wars over limited resources. Its pollyannish to think one leader vs another can avert conflict. Its optimistic to think that a future where technology changes the zero sum game an alleviates the limits of resources. That may require getting off of Earth to fully implement. Those that embrace that future will evolve into a new nature. It wont be perfect because the issues of control and power will always be with us. Thus a more liberal and democratic (this by the way is the true essence of conservatism) system will serve as the check and balance to tyranny. Our current govt over then past 25 years has long abandoned the correct path. Trumps actions only amplify how far we have strayed. Its a matter of discussion, do we try to fix all that is broken, or would it be easier to build anew. I'm tilting towards the latter. A WW3 only accelerates that process. Again, not my first choice but as I said this planet is hell bent on fucking itself.

15. yankeesince59

^^^again, LMAO...give me a fucking break...are you actually implying you're innocent of making personal insults towards me?...I'll be more than glad to dredge a few up to embarrass you further if you like...so please, you can just stop with the "I'm taking the high road" bullshit. And just for the record, exactly how did I personally "insult" you?

...and let me simplify it for you...one more time after your inevitable "WW III" there will be no space travel.....in fact if all nukes are implemented there will likely be little if any life still present on earth..does this really need explaining for the third time?...so stop with the science fiction and stop being a hypocrite concerning being "insulted"...maybe it's you who needs to take your own advice and face "reality".

...Trump is not fit to be POTUS, period and my hope is that he will either be replaced by impeachment or by election before he gets us all killed. Unlike you, I have never flip flopped on my view of the manic from the very beginning of this thread...if my views displease you I really don't care...and if you choose not to post in this thread, well, I don't care about that either. The option is yours.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  16. Mattingly23NY

^^^^ well stated Tote, a sentiment we share, believe it or not. A cornerstone of defense's philosophy, since the end of WWII; ie the next WW is inevitable. Prior to the next big one, nation's will implode from within, other's will seek to garner the spoils. My Alruistic belief's I grew up with, are gone and dead....

mankind's going to hell in a handbasket quick. If I were only >20 yrs. younger I'd be one to work towards colonization on another stone-

I admire your work Tote; you're keeping life real, the inroads y'all are making, especially into cancer & other atrocious diseases, please keep us abreast of-

17. yankeesince59

...pointing to Obama as the reason for today's global situation is grossly myopic...Korea/China/Russia have been major concerns for about 75 years...there have been multiple Presidents who might have changed the course of things...but like Trump, some people tend to blame Obama for nearly everything.

...as I've said before, if someone tries hard enough they can find a way to justify just about anything, including their narrative.

...and if someone can give me examples of Trump ability to lead and unite and a tangible reason why I should stop my "hate', I'm all ears.

18. Mattingly23NY

^^^^ Bingo !!! Come collect your prize.... a ticket for 2 on the Mars Horizon, countdown is: (well never mind we will both be dead by then)....

Lillie likes this.
  19. Lillie

Lillie Well-Known Member

This is funny. :lol:

20. Mattingly23NY

Hey'a Lil' whatcha doin' up this late???

I just got home from City of Hope, watched the complete game there, and not a beer to be had in the house, wtf- and no Laptops allowed either....

Lillie likes this.