OT ...Trump...beginning of the end?

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by yankeesince59, Feb 2, 2016.

1. totus44

totus44 Lord of the Dark Side

Has anyone read the Donna Brazile expose on the DNC? OMG!

Mattingly23NY likes this.
  2. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

...I'm hoping that Hillary and Trump are both exposed for what they are.

...all things considered, it seems that this country has absolutely no moral compass at all.

3. totus44

4. totus44

5. yankeesince59

...I certainly hope so...never understood the justification for the inane and counter-productive system we have right now.

..and for what it's worth, I think the new thinly-veiled tax bill is a complete joke... it has nothing to with making things better and has everything to do with politics. If they temporarilly and drastically cut corporate taxes and drastically cut taxes for both the upper class and middle class, what happens to the deficit?

6. totus44

Tax cuts do increase the tax base. Resulting in increased tax revenue. 35% tax on zero where Corp have their capital overseas, vs 15-20% of many billions ends up turbo boosting economy. Worked before provided Corp America is ready to repatriate cash. You can’t grow a business if you can’t invest in new buildings, equipment or people.

I’m sure they are talking to CEO buddies to get them on board.

7. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    thKirk chokes himself.jpg Even James T. Kirk can't stand politics these days. PS:
    Denny Cranes' younger brother overacting.:smiley-lol_hitting:

8. yankeesince59

...no, it does not "increase tax revenue" (fuzzy math), it is estimated that this plan will actually DECREASE tax revenue by $1.7 TRILLION dollars... and the resulting deficit?...are you suggesting that the already grotesque deficit won't become even larger due to this tax plan our leaders are thumping their chests over?

...I'll say it again, this new tax plan is all about temporarily appeasing voters and is strictly a political ruse to gain favor with voters. The tax refunds that will result from this plan will only temporarily boost the economy (ruse).
    ...and when the bubble bursts and the deficit grow even larger (and it will) the politicians will then say "Oh, we've got to reduce the deficit! ". And they'll then introduce new legislation to counter/reverse this current "sleight of hand" trick...same shit, different day.

...hate to break it to you, but as I've maintained from the very beginning, the GOP as we know it, is doomed...yesterday's elections are a harbinger of things to come. The Dems will soon be back in control and then we'll have to deal with their BS again.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  9. totus44

Ah last I checked NJ and Virginia were already blue states. Not sure it’s much or a harbinger, lol!

GOP fate is in their hands, if they demonstrate that they can get things done then they will retain control. DEM have a civil war themselves and they aren’t offering any compelling reasons to vote for them either given how badly they fucked up healthcare, war on terror, economic recovery, etc.

10. yankeesince59

...first off, NJ and Virginia were far from the only elections on Tuesday...secondly, yes, the Democratic Party have a problem themselves but their voters and more importantly, swing voters evidently do not, and they came out in force, and the margins of victory were totally unexpected. There were multiple cases in the elections of positions on Tuesday that were once traditionally/previously Republican that were upsets and went to the Democrats.

...and exactly what have you seen thus far that would lead you to believe that the GOP "can get things done"?...they've had 8 freaking years to figure out how to "repeal and replace" Obama care but now they cannot even agree on the color of shit.

...spin it however you like if that makes you feel better about the GOP's plight, but if you truly believe that Trump's unpopularity as well as a dysfunctional Senate is not a factor and won't be a factor in midterm elections, you are fooling yourself...so yes, Tuesday's elections are in fact "a harbinger".

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  11. totus44

But Ron you too are spinning how you like as well.

Off year elections are not necessarily predictive. Don't disagree with your dissatisfaction with GOP, but I will NEVER vote DEM. I haven't had a party to believe in or trust in a long time. But my votes align right if only to oppose the left.

Thus I will cheer anything that meets contributes to constitutional values, fiscal and social conservatism and strengthening our national defense.

12. totus44

BTW, encouraging to see Xi and Trump finding common ground on NK.

Like I said back in May, I think Trump has higher poll numbers in China than US, lol!

13. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    honestly, the last time I felt good about voting for a POTUS was Reagan, as I bet most here feel the same....

saw a 1/2 hr piece with Mark Cuban on CNBC, on the thought of running for POTUS in 2020, interesting, tho' I don't know one single thing he represents politically....

what's the world coming to, when reality TV has enabled a potus, with more to follow???? Imho, I doubt most American's really comprehend every single viewpoint, or even the majority of such; of Candidates running for potus.....

then again, with Politicians these days constantly flip flopping, it's hard to know what any politico stands for....

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/09/mark-cuban-says-he-would-run-as-an-independent-for-president.html

14. Mattingly23NY

Now if he can do the same with Russia, -
    ally ourselves with both China and Russia vs the NORKS.....

imo- I believe Trump's going to have a much harder time getting Putin to take the ally stance with the US vs NORK's, as Russia has too much to gain financially doing business with NK, due to strained relations b/t NK and China....

15. totus44

But not enough business with NK as the US and EU sanctions are costing Russia.

16. yankeesince59

...I didn't spin anything...I produced facts....big difference.

...admit it, at first you were bashing Trump as much as me, then he somehow got elected and you've been defending him ever since...sorry, I just don't get it. At least I've been consistent since the very beginning.

...if you have any amount of cognitive thinking (and I know you do) you need to admit that Trump is simply not fit to serve as POTUS and has made things worse, both at home and abroad.

17. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    Has anyone ever thought that Trump won because of the dumbing down of America. Trumps name and face reached millions more than most local politicians with his show the apprentice.

It wont be a shock to see future presidents be a mark Cuban or The Rock...less career politicians and more individuals people feel they know because they have seen them on tv so much.

18. Mattingly23NY

Imo, the first was-
    Ronnie Reagan, cowboy, actor, radio announcer, Gov.; POTUS.... tho' the one thing about his 8 yrs I wasn't overly fond with, was the Tax Revenue overhaul. In hindsight (yrs later) seemed to me Ron did the proper thing, erased tax write offs for vehicles, credit cards, et al; and saved the US treasury billions....

imo, I believe most American's voting for Reagan, saw him as a legit Politician rather than an ex-actor.... Loved his perfomance in: 'The Winning Team' as Grover Cleveland Alexander....

and-
    Yep, Al, I think you hit the nail square on the head, ie "the dumbing down of america"....

19. yankeesince59

...I think the ONLY reason Trump was elected is because he was the only one on the ballot not named Hillary Clinton.

20. totus44

Trump isn't defensible. That said I'm maintaining an open mind that the GOP can get some key things done. Would have preferred Ted or Marco.

My wish list:

National concealed carry
    Hearing protection act

At least one more strict constructionist on the SC.

Flat tax, gut IRS

Balance budget amendment

English as the only recognized language
    Immigration reform, no amnesty, no path to citizenship. Felony for abetting illegals to eliminate sanctuary city/state

Eliminate Dept of Education, kick back to states.

Prefer full Ocare repeal. Let markets dictate care.