OT ...Trump...beginning of the end?

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by yankeesince59, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    he must be trying to impersonate a politico; but his disdain for taking a shower reminds me more of a skid row bum....

or-
    maybe he simply wan't to grow up to be Tom Waits, without the ability to carry a tune, or write one....
    2.jpg

Bannon should wear a hat-
    tom-waits-2.jpg

2. Mattingly23NY

Excellent article Tom; well laid out....

this piece/paragraph of history, noted below**, I had never heard of, yet found it almost hilarious (chuckling):

**"my favorite part of the Constitutional ratification process, which happened on January 25th in 1788 at the Massachusetts Ratification Convention. Mr. Smith rises up and says “Mr. President, I am a plain man, and I get my living by the plough. I’m not used to speaking in public, but I beg your leave to say a few words to my brother plough joggers in this house."

I also enjoyed this old Aug 016 Time Interview w/Akhil Amar
    http://time.com/4465720/akhil-reed-amar/

3. Mattingly23NY

4. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

...I heard a lot of people (most all were black) pontificating how blacks "saved Alabama"...Charles Barkley was one of them.

...not sure why it always seems to be a black/white thing, but I've been saying for a long time that if you want to help in reducing racism, stop talking about it so much...if blacks want to be truly equal, stop constantly referring to yourself as "black".

Mattingly23NY likes this.
  5. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Great point but don't hold your breath of that ever happening. Blacks like to feel oppressed no matter what the situation. Someone should share with them we just had a black president for the last 8 years

6. yankeesince59

...I agree...but I just don't understand why many blacks would want to perpetuate a bad part of their history by referencing it all the time...it's nearly impossible for a black to be interviewed about nearly any subject without race being interjected into the conversation.
    ...I mean geeez, it's been over 50 years since the equal right amendment was passed....that's 2 freaking generations for christ sakes and I'm sorry but it's lame to blame whitey for nearly everything that does not go the way they had hoped.

...and just to be clear, in general, IMO, whites are no more racist than blacks.

7. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    Do we have any black members on our forum? It is easy for us white people to say hey you got equal rights 50 years ago and hey there has been a black president now..enough is enough...but come on to say there is equal footing throughout all of America is burying your head in the sand

8. yankeesince59

...there is absolutely nothing that prevents anyone regardless of color from being whatever they want...being black is no longer a valid excuse and neither is blaming the white man for the perceived plight of blacks...being born into poverty does not by default mean that person must also die in poverty.
    ...nobody ever gave me a damn thing...I busted my ass to achieve the life I now have.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    Lillie and Mattingly23NY like this.
  9. Lillie

Lillie Well-Known Member

Amen.

10. totus44

totus44 Lord of the Dark Side

Blacks lost credibility with the underprivileged card when Obama was elected. So the crutch got a shiny new paint job called "white privilege".

Sorry, not buying what they are selling. My folks were dirt poor and slaved to get me a great education. Core family values was the key to exiting poverty.

The only "privilege" is this country is what you work for and earn. And I'll put athletes in that category, talent goes no where without hard work and time.

Are there super wealthy people that never earned what they have. Sure, but their numbers are quite small. And I've known a few and those poor dumb fuckers haven't gotten any real privilege, they just have a greater margin of error, lol.

11. yankeesince59

^^^Obama had an opportunity to change things but without realizing it, actually I think he inadvertently made things worse by making the poor even more dependant on our "give away" government.

mrmel29 and Mattingly23NY like this.
  12. yankeesince59

...Fox News is hilarious right now.

13. totus44

Oh I think he knew exactly what he was doing. He was ensuring a codependent voter base. As long as we have affirmative action policies, successful blacks seem to do everything to keep there race down and pitted in a race and class war with whites. Poor blacks are a pawn of the progressive left. Abortion just serves as a means to keep their population numbers manageable.

Sorry to be blunt, as this is my sorest point with GOP. They are the party of Lincoln and generally the black vote should be in their corner. But 50 years of soft tyranny of public assistance is a tough thing to reverse.

14. yankeesince59

^^^sums things up pretty well, Tote.

...Not to mention that a side benefit is the guaranteed future allegiance and votes of those very same lower class cheese eaters. (black and white hostage voters)

15. Lillie

Lillie Well-Known Member

I like Cheese. :lol:

16. yankeesince59

...oh, I do too...and I have been known to partake of a bag of Chee-tos every now and then.

Lillie likes this.
  17. totus44

Well played.

Lillie likes this.
  18. Mattingly23NY

19. Mattingly23NY

Disney buys out Fox, less Fox News, and FS1....

according to local news, 5K to 10,000 jobs will be lost.

But this is what our fkng idiot press secretary says:
    Sarah Huckabee Sanders. President Donald Trump, a longtime ally of Rupert Murdoch, called the Fox mogul to congratulate him, enthusing that the deal “could be a great thing for jobs,” Sanders told incredulous reporters at a briefing.

http://deadline.com/2017/12/analyst-says-disney-fox-deal-at-least-5000-jobs-will-be-cut-1202227891/

20. Mattingly23NY

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-optimistic-their-tax-bill-will-be-a-big-win/

What's next excuse or blunder; to stimulate the economy-?? Sub-Prime Lending, again..... we know how that one worked out; this is not Reagan's era, nor is it the time for Corporate tax payola.....

Since Trixon won't reveal his taxes, it's obvious he's going to line his own with golden thread... like G.W.'s exlpoitation of Petro, and his own Oil Baron Cronies pockets, his own too, his famiy, et al....fkng GOP's and Dems need to re-define their party's foundations, by going back to each parties foundational charters...