OT ...Trump...beginning of the end?

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by yankeesince59, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

We mine as wells face it folks, its coming down to Trump vs Hilary. God help us.

2. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

...I'm not willing to concede the nomination to Trump just yet.

3. blgridesagain

blgridesagain team player

Cruz / Rubio in the General election vs Hillary ? Say bye bye to the blue collar workers, Reagan Democrats, working poor, middle class, Independents, moderates and last but not least- rank and file members of labor unions (which is the sleeper demographic and will NOT come out for hardline conservatives like Cruz or Rubio vs Hillary)...
    But of course all of those people are "less educated" and "stupid"........

Trump's eagerness, willingness and emphasis in implementing "better" more fair trade deals with China, Mexico, ect, translates into more jobs brought back to the U.S. and those "stupid" union leaders and workers are just smart enough to know they'll be getting more contracts and work......but what do they know, Cruz (who has been a political hack his whole career) and Rubio are more experienced in the "job market", labor and free trade......lmao

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    JFizzleRaider likes this.
  4. yankeesince59

5. Rick2583

And if republicans took this poll I'm sure it would favor Trump, Cruz or Rubio over Hilary or Sanders.

6. blgridesagain

And I'm sure those numbers will tilt towards Trump if he were the nominee and had a couple of months to campaign and work on Hillary or Sanders. That poll, as of now, is worthless.....Trump will tear them up, make them look small and counterproductive.

Sanders is a Commie, Hillary is still under an FBI investigation, had a big hand in losing Libya (ISIS), had her unsecured e-mails hacked exposing our Operatives and the movements of Ambassador Stevens' comings and goings prior to the embassy attack....this is easy pickings for an agressive no holds barred candidate like Trump. Easy pickings......it could be embarrassing, I hope Hillary doesn't cry.....methinks she isn't used to being called incompetent.

7. yankeesince59

...huh?...the poll was neither democratic nor republican...it was a "general election" poll.

8. totus44

totus44 Lord of the Dark Side

Hillbilly's server boy just got immunity from the Feds. Clinton camp is lawyering up today....

9. blgridesagain

Still worthless as of now- the only poll which will be worth looking at is the poll prior to Election Day after both nominees have had their chances to campaign (and debate) against each other.

10. yankeesince59

...yeah, just heard that...I cannot believe how many people are discounting both Hillary's and Trump's past as if it either never happened or is unimportant.

...to me, between the 2 of them, there is no "lesser of 2 evils"...they are both evil.

Mattingly23NY likes this.
  11. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

When you consider the candidates running for President you have to realize that this country has really gone to shit.

12. yankeesince59

...^^^Mess, it seems that it's been that way for the last several elections...I mean, is this really the best this country has to offer ?

13. blgridesagain

How much damage did the "God fearing" humble peanut farmer do to our country? It took decades and billions and billions of dollars to dig out from the mess he left at home and abroad. When he didn't have his nose up Arafat's ass, he was badmouthing candidate Reagan to the Russians during "negotiations".....
    And, Donald Trump is no less "evil" without more "shady" deals in his business over 30-40 years than the "personal business" of JFK, LBJ, Bill Clinton and Richard Nixon or Dubya.

Obama was a nice squeaky clean candidate and he has become our most farthest leftwing President in history (home/abroad).

Recent poll- 90% of Germans are now against taking in any more refugees from Islamic countries- Trump was well ahead of the curve on that. There are now Nationalist movements going on in Germany, England and Holland has already stepped up a couple of years ago. It has already been established that people who are backing Trump are convinced he will NOT be unstable as President and will be a better leader with more inclusive varied competent policies and he is DEFINATELY a candidate who is anti-left, yet he isn't a rigid one trick pony like Cruz or Rubio.
    Some are talking like naive scared little schoolgirls.

Cruz is a dead-end if he ever made it to the White House (which he wont), and Rubio looks like the green excitable nervous kid. Trump has at least just as much intelligence with much more life experience and will be more cool under pressure than Hillary, Ted and Marco.

imho

14. Rick2583

Sorry Ron, I'm not buying it. Its like the NY Daily newspaper who are so anti Trump, every day I'm reading about Trump & the KKK (David Duke) but they praise & mention nothing about Hilary's glorifying long time friendship that she had with Robin Byrd. My point as far as these so called polls It's all in who you ask & who's doing the talking. JMO.

15. yankeesince59

...it's not just the link I posted...every poll I've seen points to Hillary beating Trump...the GOP is fractured at the moment and there are a lot of republicans who do not want Trump under any circumstance.
    ...Trump is a rude loud mouthed bully who cannot speak to specifics as far as any of his "plans" would work...he's a cartoon. And like I said, Hillary is no better...not much of a choice.

16. blgridesagain

Yep.....and I have to laugh at those shmucks who are hinting at Trump being some kind of racist. He's been a famous high profile figure in NYC for years and something wouldn't been known or suspected a LONG time ago if that was the case. As for the NY Daily news, it has always been to the left of the NY Post. The little puke liberal Mike Lupica is their top mouthpiece.

JFizzleRaider likes this.
  17. blgridesagain

The Republican Party as we knew it was already doomed due to the changing demographics and pop culture of the country. Specifically in the larger and bigger cities which go a long way in carrying states in elections. As for Trump not laying out any specifics, I guess you may have missed something. By the way, he is very soon going to lay out his "health plan" policy.

The GOP has let it slip away and Trump could be defining a new movement or possibly saving the Republican Party whether "they" know it or not despite being thought of as a "bully" by some.

Newsflash- Historical U.S. Presidential campaigns were never confused with Sunday School.
    If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen..... ......and Trump is taking heat from all and every angle. And still standing tall.

18. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

When it gets to the general election and trump against hillary if she's not indicted it will be trump in a romp as he will take some of those guaranteed den states and turn them into gop states. Since feds are giving immunity somewhere a grand jury is impaneled which means the justice dept signed off on this and the grand jury will be indicting and the queen bee will be one of them. Obama in the final twist of his I hate the clintons knife will wait until she has the nomination in may and then let the indictment happen. Since bernie can't even be competitive in the general and won't have enough delegates the demo will have a brokered convention and uncle joe will be the candidate which will even be a worse drubbing than hillary. All the shitheads like romney and the rest of the do nothing establishment for decades might accomplish will be keeping trump from the magic 1237 number maybe leading to a possible brokered convention. I say possible because if the gop was dumb enough to try and subvert the peoples vote of trump with a puppet of rubio by selecting him, trump goes 3rd party, all his followers go with him, the gop implodes and you hand the election to the dems regardless of who they run which results in another liberal on the court making rulings turning the country upside down. Mess, you were right in what you said about need more good people to run but when you see the kind of shit that the candidates are submitted to both fairly and unfairly with the stress on their families the only people who are willing need ultra thick skin and a I don't give a shit attitude. We have tried establishment candidates for years and a liberal rascist scumbag like obama to disastrous results. I'm willing to bet trump can only do better than his predecessors. And unlike his predecessors he will be smart enough to hire the right people in the key positions and actually take their advice. Trump 2016.

19. yankeesince59

...one more time...as of now, every poll I've seen from registered voters, if the election were held today, Hillary is ahead of Trump head to head...and Cruz is ahead of Hillary head to head...and Rubio is ahead of Hillary head to head.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/01/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-poll/

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...s/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guyben...cruz-lead-hillary-trump-trails-badly-n2127268

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/2016-general-election-trump-vs-clinton

20. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    I agree with about everything I've read here on this subject.

Simply stated, the Elections of the past few decades have been more of a vote for the lesser of two evils, going way back when.

Debates, and lots of Rhetoric on what candidates will do, with NO emphasis or explanations on how they're going to accomplish anything. We've basically heard of no specifics at all, from any candidate. Just rhetoric, ie "I'm going to send them back", HOW????

I'm going to build a wall 50 feet high and charge Mexico for it, ...HOW???

I'm going to repeal Obama's Un-Affordable health care act, ... HOW???

I'm going to ensure Social Security is strong and secure.....HOW???

I'm going to ensure our Military is state of the art, and America Strong Again, .... how and how.

Not one of these things can one man or President do by himself, without the consent of Congress, and other Political or Federal Agencies...

but boy do they all seem to know what they're doing, with NO specifics, and/or if there have been specifics, they always fall short of an explanation, that is logical, rationale and capable.....

This race has become as absurd as Frat House; and or- Student Body Elections. One big popularity contests with no specifics, no details, no meat or substance, only tons of bullshit rhetoric.....Sad, very sad state of affairs we find our Nation in....