OT ...Trump...beginning of the end?

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by yankeesince59, Feb 2, 2016.

1. totus44

totus44 Lord of the Dark Side

Ron I think my point is the GOP is dead. Trump wins and GOP splinters and a new party emerges. If it can draw reasonable folks from both sides it's got a chance. I know a lot of Dems that do not feel like they have a party anymore either.

If Hillary wins we end up with complete chaos of disfunctional opposition party and the right is really bad at this.

Mattingly23NY likes this.
  2. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I lost whatever faith I had left in government after watching what has gone on to not only protect Hillary Clinton but potentially put her into the White House. At the very least this woman should've been prosecuted but we knew Loretta Lynch wasn't going to allow that to happen. Comey played good little soldier so that he could have a future and the rest is history. I look forward to his comedy act Wednesday when he answers questions before the Judiciary Committee.

3. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

...well, like I said, that's my concern, but no, at this point the GOP is not dead, but IMO, if Trump wins it will be....like I said earlier, win lose or draw, we're pretty much fucked for the next 4 years regardless of who wins...I'm already looking at 2020, and that's where my focus is.

...and why would some hypothetical "new party" draw reasonable folks from both sides" when most of those folks are the very same ones who are now supporting Clinton/Trump?...that makes no sense.

4. yankeesince59

...Mess, what baffles me is how the FBI gave immunity to 5 (FIVE) different Clinton staffers in return for testimony pertaining to the email scandal but they still did not indict her?...it should have been a slam dunk.

...I mean WTF ?

5. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    What gets me is the FBI Agents who interviewed not only Hillary, as well as those 5 Staffers, and some other lesser fish-staffers; all agents took a TSAR written contract of silence, and we will never know what they saw, and what is not been made public, which the FBI will not/cannot speak of, and the public cannot easily if at all get access to this information being classified as high as a TSAR, to their death these FBI interviewers, will keep the secrets they will never speak of, to their graves.....

6. totus44

I think you'll see a tea-like libertarian party form from conservatives in the GOP plus the socially conservatives democrats and independents. GOP becomes party of Trump, Dems remain party of Occupy Wallstreet, Black Lives Matter, Code Pink, Move On, Planned Parenthood and Nambla.

By 2020 a viable 3 party system could be in play.

7. Messiah717

It makes absolutely no sense does it? The only other time you saw stuff like that was when they went after organized crime but you saw a boat load of indictments come out of it. It just really highlights what a complete farce this was from the very beginning. The same conclusion was going to occur regardless of what evidence was uncovered. Actually, I think this was more of a cleanse job than it was an investigation.

8. yankeesince59

...though I basically consider myself to be a republican I tend to look more a the overall character of someone who is running for office. But if you really think about it, when was the last time either party presented someone we could really be inspired by?

...we really need some completely new blood and new thinking...a Gary Sanchez version if you will, of common sense government.

9. Messiah717

The FBI released another 200 pages of interview notes again late on a Friday. LOL you can't make up how absurd it is. Comey will again claim that's when they were ready. Also, a judge has said 10,000 pages will not be released until after the election.

10. yankeesince59

11. Messiah717

12. yankeesince59

^^^ ell- oh- fucking- ell.

13. Messiah717

It was a complete farce but you have to ask what exactly did the FBI need when it came to their investigation?

14. yankeesince59

Mess, it seems to me that if they gave immunity to that many people yet failed to indict it means either the fix was on from the beginning or there was not enough evidence to indict to begin with...gee, I wonder which it was.

15. totus44

So Obama was gracecloud@espn.com?

The other nugget here is than the WH was informed of Clinton email account changes, therefore the President had to know she was using private server. Question is now how many pseudonym's did he use to avoid FOIA? I'm guessing his whole administration was in on the unofficial email scam.

16. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

As much as a lot of you guys hate trump imo he is without a doubt the lesser of the 2 evils. If clinton gets in everything is whitewashed, the young liberal supreme court justices she would pick (probably 2 or 3 in the next 4 years with 1 immediately) would change things for the worse for generations. And the worst part of clinton is all the favors she owes back to all the foreign nations "donating tens of millions of dollars to her foundations". Trump has the momentum and unless he falls off the stage in the 3 debates I see him coming out on top in the end which will be better for the country than what clinton would bring. The FBI has become the biggest embarrassment. What once was the one government entity you could trust to get to the truth has now been turned into a partisan hack machine thanks to Comey who will be gone if trump gets in. I agree with you Mess, 59 and totus if Comey had an ounce of decency with all the shit that has come out already he would have already resigned instead of standing up there trying to defend the undefensable. I agree with all you guys that it is amazing with all the candidates that could run for president these are the 2 we're left to vote on. There are many reasons for this too long to list including the fundraising, personal lives being ripped apart and the general incivility you almost need to have as a candidate to survive. Will be interesting to see all the gotcha questions for trump by holt and the what color is the sky questions for clinton. hopefully holt doesn't pull a candy crowley and inject himself in the debate but let the candidates have at it with each other. Preparing for a shit show monday night but will have my bag of popcorn and soda ready. LOL

17. Messiah717

The first debate might turn into some real comedy. Since the Clinton campaign is putting Mark Cuban in the front row it looks like a chance Trump might be putting Gennifer Flowers there as well.

18. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Or Monica lewinsky. In fact he should put one on each side of cuban

19. yankeesince59

...I saw that too...could be hilarious.

...I think there's supposed to be 3 debates and I gotta believe that one of them, if not both, will screw the pooch somewhere along the way.

20. yankeesince59

...on her knees of course, right?