Politics Trump > Bill Clinton

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by SlyPokerDog, Feb 16, 2018.

1. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

He doesn't vote. Why would have you standards and expectations in something you don't believe in?

UncleCliffy'sDaddy likes this.
  2. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

Okay sly I don’t know why you believe in politics so much but yeah we get it I’m the dumb one because I don’t vote or believe in these politicians but you’re the old wise ones who blindly believe in your politicians despite all the lies and bullshit. Makes sense...

3. SlyPokerDog

I never said you were dumb. I never said I was wiser than you. You have said previously that you don't vote, right? I'm assuming it is because you don't believe the people running have any standards so you have zero expectations. If I am wrong that this isn't the reason you don't vote then I apologize.

4. SlyPokerDog

I believe in politics because I see no other system that is as fair. Dictator? King or Queen?

What I really believe in is the ballot measure system. All the time there are ballot measures that when worded correctly focus on an issue or problem that goes beyond traditional political party positions. I would love to see national ballot measures instead of praying that our elected officials will represent our views and needs.

I would like to vote on abortion, some basic/limited gun control, national energy policy, so many national debates and arguments that never get solved that could be with simple national ballot measures.

Shaboid and rotary111 like this.
  5. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

That’s fair. I just believe that some things will just never be solved, and there is big money involved behind certain things and there is a lot of evidence that supports that. It’s not about the people. It’s all about making the rich richer. Whatever is in their best interest, and these politicians are just the puppets. The guys with big money are the puppet masters

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  6. SlyPokerDog

I agree with some of that. That's why I support national initiative, aka national ballot measures. While big money can go to buying advertising it can't go to outright buying politicians like it does now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_initiative