Funny Trump invites Taliban to US

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by calvin natt, Sep 7, 2019.

1. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    This was out of high school as I graduated in 72 and the lottery for men born in 1954 was done in 1973 during my freshman year in college, but it was only done that year and the following 2 years in case they voted to reinstate the draft. They never reinstated it so I was never in fear of being drafted nor should have been maris.

2. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    I didn't mean to dispute that. I was just adding a fact that if he were still in school then he had nothing to worry about.

CupWizier likes this.
  3. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    What country was that?

Americans never approved of invading Viet Nam, and they eventually forced the Deep State to GTFO.

4. riverman

riverman Writing Team

false...American arms dealers and manufacturers made a fucking fortune on that war and at the same time got rid of lots of lower class males from urban centers and rural farmlands to help the GNP along stateside. War is profitable for wealthy, entitled people who can buy deferments from the draft....guys like your current idol. The draft was completely classist in nature and your draft number reflected your family's status in society. America during that war watched John, Bobby and Martin all assasinated….the country was shooting college students in Kent State and racial tensions were pretty high...a lot of young folks in the 60s and early 70s didn't give a fuck who approved of anything...they were in upheaval both in the war and at home.....it was an ugly part of our modern history but also a very important chapter of questioning the powers that be....you want to see a deep state....go meet an arms dealer and see how patriotic he is..

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    Chris Craig likes this.
  5. Lanny

I remember in college that guys from Chicago had to maintain a strong 'B' average to keep from getting drafted. That was in 1965/1966.

riverman likes this.
  6. ABM

ABM Happily Married In Music City, USA!

Commercial Real Estate
    In other news....

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pe...of-collapse-amid-us-maximum-pressure-campaign

Crippling sanctions imposed by the United States on Iran since President Trump’s withdrawal from the nuclear deal last year have left pension funds throughout the country on the brink of collapse, according to documents reviewed by National Security Council officials and obtained by Fox News.

U.S. officials are pointing to this as evidence of just how punishing the ongoing “maximum pressure” campaign against Iran has been.

“They have fewer resources. We can see it with the Shia militias in Iraq. They’re scrambling for resources. We think the Iranian government will shrink, that their GDP will shrink by as much as 12 or 14 percent this year,” Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on “Fox News Sunday,” speaking to the economic impact. “This will reduce their capacity to purchase the things they need, the equipment they need, the materials they need, to inflict terror around the world.”

The impact has been so severe that of the 18 existing retirement funds in Iran, 17 are in the red, according to these documents. That includes the pension funds for all of Iran’s armed forces.

As much as 80 percent of Iran’s retirement funds rely on government subsidies, which the documents refer to as unsustainable for not just pensions but for food products, drugs and fuel.

There are also signs of a growing crisis in Iran’s real estate market. The documents refer to the interconnected challenges as a “house of cards.” (CONTINUED)

7. Lanny

Do you actually watch Fox News?

8. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Sounds like the well run Pers retirement plan, which my wife is a recipient after 40 years of teaching. The difference is hers is guaranteed, I doubt the Mullahs would guarantee Iranians.
    I do think its a matter of time Iran Radical Islamist Government is toppled by their own people.

9. Lanny

I dunno, we've been saying that about Venezuela and Cuba.