Politics Trump retweets video of supporter shouting 'white power'

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Further, Jun 28, 2020.

1. andalusian

andalusian Season - Restarted

Biden is not afraid to evolve or apologize for mistakes. He also seems to have some grounded understanding that this is a big effin' ship - and you can not turn it around like you are white water rafting (which, unfortunately, is what Bernie never understood - which is what is so charming about him but also what brought him to defeat on multiple tries).

Lanny likes this.
  2. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    The question is though, is Biden and those peoples choices just they lacked understanding, or did they know full well what they were doing. Im not saying we cant give them the benefit of the doubt, but certainly to some extent in order to make that argument you have to give them the benefit of the doubt. I kind of think whether they knew or nor, the fact is there policies had bad results and we need new people, with new ideas.

Do we give ‘republicans’ who were involved with the same bad / racist / unjust bills and laws that same benefit of the doubt that they just werent aware of that very system they were building?

3. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    I'm all for new people. Biden was certainly not in my top-five on the Democratic side. He may not have been in my top-ten.

Sure, I think a lot of Republicans have strengthened systemic racism without realizing it. I don't think most Republican politicians are explicit racists.

I think Trump is one, though.

TorturedBlazerFan likes this.
  4. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    Well Trump’s ego is certainly big enough he wont apologize for anything, but at 70 whatever years old Biden is, ‘apologizing’, for saying racist things like you arent Black if you dont vote for me, at some point just apologizing because you get backlash, isnt really an admirable trait either. Again main point I think we need younger politicians and candidates, and new ideas.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  5. andalusian

andalusian Season - Restarted

If someone is showing that they have learned from their mistakes - what does it matter if they represent(ed) one party or another.

Mitt Romney seems like a much better person today than he was before - he clearly learned that some of the things he said / how he acted before were wrong - so I have no problem with appreciating him today a lot more than I did before.

The issue is clearly with the Trumps of this world that are never wrong and are still unwilling to admit their mistakes, but choose to double down on them.

Lanny and julius like this.
  6. Further

Further Guy

Stuff doer
    I am not concerned with @ABM ’s objectives because his reasoning is disingenuous. He has abandoned Jesus, most Christians have since supporting Trump is antithetical to what Jesus teaches. Trump is vile, full of hate, hurts the meek and puts himself above all. Jesus is compassionate, Trump is not. Trump is a cauldron if of fear and anger, Christianity teaches acceptance and turning the other cheek. Trump is about ego, not goodness. Trump is the most prolific liar the whitehouse had ever seen. I’ll throw in this bible verse for good measure “keep your tongue from slander; because no secret word is without result, and a lying mouth destroys the soul." Trump is vile to women and sexualizes his daughter. Trump certainly does not love his enemies, he is full of vitriol and hatred. Jesus cares about the poor, Trump mocks and vilifies them. Trump is about himself and money, gold toilet seats and his pictures on water, steaks and every other snake oil piece of shit he sells. Trump doesn’t give a shit about people, doesn’t care if they die, as long as he makes a buck.

my wife is Christian and anyone, including ABM who can support Trump under any circumstances has given their high road to the devil.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    riverman, wizenheimer, crandc and 4 others like this.
  7. ehizzy3

ehizzy3 RIP mgb

wrong thread lol

8. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

9. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    Fuck you (and John Wayne).

10. Minstrel

User Interface Designer
    Woah, woah, pard...what'd the duke ever do to you?

(You're not black or gay, are you? If so, never mind.)

11. julius

singer songwriter
    Or Native American.

I'm none of the things that Trump dislikes, and I still say fuck him.

GoBlazersGo, Lanny and Minstrel like this.
  12. julius

singer songwriter
    Actually, this is inaccurate. While I may not be Black, Mexican, Muslim, or from a shit hole country (tho...), I am however, a few things he hates. I'm not rich, I don't salute the flag, I respect the military, I'm not part of the Klan or a Nazi, and I actually think he's a fucking knob.

So I guess I should apologize to the ghost of Marion.

GoBlazersGo likes this.
  13. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

14. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    I distinguish the difference between someone making a mistake and someone being evil which means an evil intent.

15. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Yeah, that's the St. Louis that I remember. It's actually worse than either Alabama or Georgia, having lived in those three places.

16. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

I'll be honest, singling out someone on the forum for not agreeing with people's political beliefs makes me nervous.

17. Further

Further Guy

Stuff doer
    I can remove it, although I am of the belief that ABM is one of the only people on this forum who is on the Right, who I do believe is open to rethinking his views and changing. It’s the only reason I single him out. I do believe ABM wants to do what is good, so I try and show him that his side is not good and not Jesus-like.

I understand that this is just a forum of friends and bball lovers so I will remove my last post. However, I do believe in my words. I also don’t want to make this place unbearable for ABM or other community members who are willing to share their alternate views.

EDIT: Post deleted

riverman, Lanny and SlyPokerDog like this.
  18. Minstrel

User Interface Designer
    Wait, what? This forum is a nod-as-we-pass-in-the-hallway co-worker relationship at best!

RickyJoe, Further and SlyPokerDog like this.
  19. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

about John Wayne:

I'm a liberal who loves westerns...on screen and in books (read just about every Louis L'mour book there is). I loved a lot of the character Wayne created in movies ans his on screen persona. That's while recognizing the rather shallow nature of those characters

that said, yeah, Wayne was a racist and misogynist. But just like his on-screen persona, that characterization is also shallow. There is a more nuanced story about Wayne here if anyone is interested:

https://lawliberty.org/the-real-wayne/

he was definitely a product of his times

20. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

The other scary part is that the tweet was online for three hours because the White House couldn't reach Trump to delete it. He was golfing and had set his phone down.

They couldn't reach the president of the United States for three hours. Wtf?! What if we were being attacked. What if missiles were launched at us? How did they not have other ways to contact him, like via secret service? Very disturbing.

Lanny likes this.