Politics Trump to end DACA

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Rastapopoulos, Aug 31, 2017.

1. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

This is a load of crap and sounds like Drumpf wrote it.

riverman likes this.
  2. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    I think 300M haven't come and they won't. They love their country just like you love yours.

We've had porous borders for decades and there's nothing even close to 300M immigrants here. Except for, you know, all of us.

riverman and Nikolokolus like this.
  3. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    The ball is in congress' court.

From all objective views of what's going on, Trump wants congress to act on something (anything) and this is a way to light the fire. It really is congress' job to decide on the laws like DACA, not by decree of the fearless leader.

If they don't act, he's indicated he'll revisit, which I take to mean he'll extend the program.

4. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

In an October 2015 interview, then Senator Jefferson Beauregard Session III gave unqualified support for a 1924 immigration bill backed by the Ku Klux Klan and racist Eugenics Society. The openly stated purpose of the bill was to halt the waves of immigration from the "wrong" places and keep the US white, Northern/Western European, and Protestant. The law banned all immigration from Asia and imposed severe restrictions on Italians, Irish, Jews, and other "inferior" Europeans. The law was still in effect when Nazism swept Europe in the 1930s and 1940s. As a result, millions of desperate Jews were blocked from entering the US, even if they had relatives here. Some, of course, became illegal immigrants.

The handful of Irish, Italians and Jews in the Trump administration and his immigrant arm candy all robotically clap when he calls Mexicans criminals, you know, just like Irish, Italians, and Jews were in the 1924 law. But when Trump really needed a racist, he turned to white supremacist Sessions.

Now we know why Sessions stayed on when Trump publicly insulted him. See that tight smile? He couldn't have been happier unless he was lynching some n_____s.

The San Francisco Chronicle interviewed an engineer in San Jose. He graduated with an engineering degree but was undocumented, so he barely survived on manual labor, working in restaurants, whatever else he could find. After DACA he got a 6-figure engineering position at a technology firm. His parents have green cards but lost their jobs in a recession, so he provides for them. Bought a home. Cares for his 6 year old American citizen son. He estimates he's paid around $100,000 in federal income tax. Please explain to me how either deporting him or forcing him back into busboy jobs helps the economy, national security, or anything else but satisfying racists.

dviss1 and riverman like this.
  5. Nikolokolus

Nikolokolus There's always next year

The same thing was said about the Irish, the Italians, the Slavs, the Poles, the Jews, and every other non-Anglo group since the dawn of this country.

And even if that was true, the "Dregs" as you call them live in bone crushing poverty because they have almost zero opportunity to change their fate in their home country, but if they have the balls to uproot themselves and their families and risk it all for a chance at a better life, then those are the people I want, because those (by and large) are the entrepreneurs, the hustlers and the people with some actual grit.

Of course I'm not so naive to think that all of them are coming here with good intentions, but the crime rate is lower among immigrants than the population at large.

So until I see native born Americans lining up to do hard manual labor (good luck with that) maybe our immigration policy should reflect demand for labor?

6. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    As good as DACA may be, it's unconstitutional. At least 9 states were going to sue the government over DACA. DAPA, the sister program to DACA has already been ruled unconstitutional.

If Democrats won't vote for a law that goes through the constitutional process, that's on them. I see no indication Trump won't sign a Bill passed by congress to protect these people.

http://www.migrationpolicy.org/arti...ration-moves-immigration-back-political-realm

Supreme Court DAPA Ruling a Blow to Obama Administration, Moves Immigration Back to Political Realm

While the U.S. Supreme Court may have dealt a hard blow to the Obama immigration legacy with its intensely anticipated but anticlimactic 4-4 split decision in United States v. Texas, the last word on the future of the contested deferred action programs has yet to be written. The case now goes back to the lower courts, where a number of scenarios could play out based on how the Justice Department and the presiding appellate and district judges respond. Court rulings aside, one thing is clear: It will be up to the next administration to determine the future of these executive actions. And the Supreme Court outcome leaves an altered—and potentially more open—landscape for immigration policy changes to occur in the next Congress.

Next Steps in the Legal Case

The tie vote, announced on June 23, simply affirms a lower court decision to maintain a nationwide injunction on the Deferred Action for Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents (DAPA) program and expansion of the 2012 Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. As with all Supreme Court tie votes, no legal precedent was set, and no insight was provided into individual justices’ positions on the legal issues raised in the case. U.S. v. Texas is perhaps the most high-profile of the four Supreme Court cases to end in a 4-4 tie since the death of Justice Antonin Scalia in February and the decision by Senate Republican leaders to delay confirmation hearings for a successor until after the November 2016 presidential election.

7. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    I haven't seen an immigration law that isn't racial, or even racist.

One of them was called the Anti-Asian Immigration Act, which reduced or eliminated immigration from China. All the while, our railroads were built with Chinese labor. It's hard to argue those people didn't earn the right to immigrate for their contribution to the building of the nation.

We have nothing to fear from immigrants. They truly Make America Great.

Our borders really should be the line that's drawn where our laws stop. Anyone within the borders are entitled to the full protection of the laws and services of the United States and the local State/county/municipality. Borders absolutely matter, in that sense.

dviss1, Nikolokolus and riverman like this.
  8. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

I say we copy Canada exactly or maybe Mexico.

9. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    Both take in immigrants and refugees. Not sure if they turn anyone away.

Nikolokolus likes this.
  10. bodyman5000 and 1

11. bodyman5000 and 1

Trudeau "come here EVERYONE we're nice and awesome"

A few months later...

Trudeau "whoa whoa whoa, we have rules we're going to enforce"

Mexico treats illegals from the South horribly and steals their money from what my Mexican co-workers say. One who came here illegally from Columbia paid a smuggler to take him to Florida by boat.

12. Nikolokolus

Nikolokolus There's always next year

Which is why if we're picking teams, I want that sonofabitch on my side.

riverman likes this.
  13. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
  14. riverman

riverman Writing Team

If you live in a redneck rural neighborhood, chances are it's a crime infested trailer trash hood....cheap meth though

15. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

While one group of attorneys general planned to sue if DACA not revoked by Sept 5, another planned to sue if it was. So you can hardly declare it illegal.

The lead anti-immigrant attorney general was, not surprisingly, from Texas. The same one who told Quebec to pray instead of sending hurricane aid.

16. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

I'm really getting tired of people saying shit like:

The Irish the poles, the Italians, etc..

FUCK THAT NOISE.

They are all white now. They all bought into the construct that they are now white and separate from People of Color. All of them are 1st class citizens now. And the only reason is skin tone.

17. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

@MARIS61 ?

18. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

Its funny that this trend isn't isolated to America, but the entire world.

dviss1 likes this.
  19. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

We both know bill ain't happening. Otherwise we'd have had an immigration bill with Bush or Obama. Drumpf? Yeah.. No...

20. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Yup. The French had slaves too.