Politics Trump's immigration reform

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by magnifier661, Aug 26, 2015.

1. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I'm a vet and I served with many immigrants who did that, my point is that if it were a condition of legal status, it could be mandatory and dealt with at the borders as it was with Ellis Island. I don't see recruiting stations on the border of Mexico these days. We had them in New York City

2. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    Don't say it was because of slavery. If you do, then you need to relearn history

3. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I could become a citizen of my wife's native country but to do so, I'd have to serve 2 years in their military..not that I'd want to

4. DaLincolnJones

DaLincolnJones Well-Known Member

Hey man, I do respect many of your posts, but this one makes me scratch my head. How does securing the borders threaten democracy? Disaster in the making? Hmm, only if you are referring to the political infighting among the professional politicians. Finally, to say that he has no substance is stunning. He has the most comprehensive stand of anyone over the past thirty of forty years. Again, I do not agree with everything he has in this regards, but I do give him credit for taking a position.

magnifier661 likes this.
  5. riverman

riverman Writing Team

no mags, I don't...and again you're exaggerating a point just to sensationalize your logic. I don't know, maybe you think slavery wasn't a factor in the Civil War or the mass forced migration of Native Americans was a choice they had because we were so democratic here.

6. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I've never said we didn't need better border management. I have said that attacking hispanic refugees and assuming they are all cartel drug dealers is a shallow point of view. Calling them all Mexican is a shallow point of view. I don't believe a wall is the answer. I want the country to have the best national guard and coast guard on the planet. Trumps plan is ridiculous to me

DaLincolnJones likes this.
  7. DaLincolnJones

Two years mandatory service sounds like Israel..Lots of other EU countries still have the same requirement..and I believe that Canada still has the same..dunno, that may have changed.

8. riverman

riverman Writing Team

It works if it's implemented. You must register upon entry to the country so you become documented.

9. magnifier661

Well then what was it riverman? What point were you trying to make then? Because now you are talking about native Americans, pulling the race card

10. DaLincolnJones

Hey Buddy, go back to the OP..read his platform. Where his off the cuff media interviews have at time solicited poorly stated comments like the ones you refer to, in the OP there in nothing that backs up this post of yours, In fact if the political polarization is removed from the equation, these make sense. If you were told that this was a canadian, Aussie, German , Poland or Swiss platform, you would have zero problem accepting the stand.

magnifier661 likes this.
  11. magnifier661

You keep pulling the race card. What is your point riverman???? Don't use the silly argument of racism, when the talk is about "illegals"

12. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I guess you think we should ignore the aboriginals in the context of history, or the slaves...my point is easy to understand. Trump wants to instill a mass exodus of 11 million hispanics...I think the comparison is pretty clear

13. riverman

riverman Writing Team

To put this in perspective would require trusting Trump and his spin team. Neither which I do. I don't hear Trump complaining about the Canadian border but I have the same feelings about immigration no matter which border or port is involved. I've heard Trump insult Asians and Hispanics loudly..I don't understand how anyone could get behind him even if his writers know how to compose a spreadsheet

14. magnifier661

Okay, so you are calling trump a racist right? I mean just say it.

If someone came to this country illegally, then they broke the law. It's really that simple. It's really sad when a father goes to prison and the family is broken up, so we just let all prisoners free because it's inhuman to break up family. Do you truly understand just exactly what you are saying here?

15. magnifier661

They don't have a problem with illegal Canadians flooding our country. Do you know that Mexico has built a wall south of their boarder? That they ship out any illegal immigrants that flood their country? Why doesn't Mexico build a wall north? Yeah that's right, because they don't have a problem with US citizens flooding their country.

16. BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94

BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94 AWOL

I will never understand how securing our border and deporting illegal immigrants is somehow a "controversial" issue.

magnifier661 likes this.
  17. magnifier661

It's about as controversial as sending a person to prison for breaking the law.

18. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Apparently much more than you do with this statement..let all prisoners free? You're clearly just insulting me now..I'm done with this topic...FUCK TRUMP!

19. BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94

BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94 AWOL

Exactly, yet somehow it's racist or uncaring.

I have no problem with LEGAL immigration, in fact I think it should be made easier to become a citizen legally. However, I do not support illegal immigration.

magnifier661 likes this.
  20. XuLouDon

XuLouDon Member

Not him, but that is who he parrots too.

http://www.pri.org/stories/2015-08-...n-supporters-theyre-not-his-only-questionable

I liked this one, but probably not a serious republican though?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015