Politics Truth and respect

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by SlyPokerDog, Apr 26, 2024.

1. riverman

riverman Writing Team

You don’t know much about my donations to the tsi chi Buddhist foundation I’m guessing. I have no disdain for any well intentioned religious organization at all I love Jimmy Carters Habitat for Humanity
    I also volunteered for Gleaners to distribute food to elderly folks and donated money for shelters for homeless in the Bay Area in the late 7os
    Now you might list your contributions to society beyond tax dollars before you talk about my “disdain” I just donated my little truck to St Vinnie's so some poor family could have cheap transportation. It's what people who believe in social democracy do. Bill Gates has donated fortunes to social needs and literacy...I don't think he's a church though.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2024
  2. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

One thing about homelessness in Oregon and other blue states is a lot of those people are from other states, who either came because there are better resources or were shipped on buses from other states trying to eliminate their own homeless numbers.

3. jonnyboy

jonnyboy Well-Known Member

Bill Gates has done nothing but damage in his quest to corner markets and make billions in profits under the guise of philanthropy. People need to stop with that guy. Galavanting around third world countries offloading outdated “medicines” on people he views as guinea pigs for a profit and trying to monopolize agricultural markets aren’t charitable hobbies. He’s a sociopath.
    Once again, churches give more to charity than any other entities. It was a simple statement.

4. riverman

riverman Writing Team

BS....the local public library and the school's in my town of a few thousand people here in the good ole USA received free computers for the public and the students. Gates foundation has donated billions to education in the US although I don't see what you hold against other countries in the world who need charity as well. That's hardly a character flaw. Gates has some pesonal issues but his foundation has done amazing work in the education field, like it or not. As far as expired vaccines..I think you're fishing for liberal repellent....next time I'll be sure to wear some patchouli oil for balance.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2024
    Phatguysrule likes this.
  5. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

UncleCliffy'sDaddy We're all Bozos on this bus.

The U.S. military has been giving its recruits outdated vaccines for decades. Standard protocol. Riverman and I are both lucky recipients, along with most every other veteran. And we have at least made it to our 70’s…..Make America Great Again!

Hoopguru, riverman and Phatguysrule like this.
  6. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

Bill Gates is a billionaire. It's hard to believe he's not a POS. That doesn't mean he's done nothing beneficial, but it probably means he hasn't done as much as he should have.

The only saving grace would be if he were giving no strings attached money like Mackenzie Scott.

And, to my knowledge, he is not.

7. jonnyboy

The entire public school curriculum is based on his nonsense common core principles. Public education has never been worse in this country than right now. Literacy down, test scores down, and this is after benchmarks and standards have all gone way down. Like everything else he touches, Bill Gates’ “contribution” to education has been disastrous.

8. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Sorry you don’t value an education. I’m glad my son graduated with honors and is a homeowner at 32. He’s at work now as he’s too busy to argue politics on a basketball forum but good luck with your homeschooling project and I hope you too can provide your neighbors kids with computer literacy programs and free computers. School is what you make of it. Hope you find success.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2024
    THE HCP, Phatguysrule and crandc like this.
  9. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

UncleCliffy'sDaddy We're all Bozos on this bus.

Bill Gates has little if anything to do with the shitty state of the current US education system. Today's educational clusterfuck is a direct result of decades of nihilist big business/capitalists using cynical, self serving politicians to deliberately undermine our educational systems. Ignorant and/or uneducated citizens are much easier to manipulate, control and steal from. All you have to do is look at the MAGA base to see irrefutable proof. Or just where America is at in general today. Marjorie Taylor Green actually has a four year college degree. She is proof positive that our education system is an abject failure. And Bill Gates had nothing whatsoever to do with her ignorance and (extremely self evident) illiteracy.

You don't like it when Trump is blamed for all that is bad. Yet you have no problem heaping blame on Gates, or Biden or whoever else pisses you off. Funny how that works......

10. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Bill Gates is Hillary Clinton and Jimmy Carter's love child. This has been a conspiracy planned for decades. Microsoft was created to get people to use Apple phones. And Apple phones were created to get people to use electric cars and kill birds with windmills. Once the birds are dead liberals can finish taking over the world and changing everyone's gender.

riverman likes this.
  11. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

But it really didn't address the question to which he was responding. The kid asked, "Why would we (rich ivy educated types) want to overturn a system that clearly benefits us?" Bernie's utopian vision doesn't answer his "why"--at all.

12. SlyPokerDog

I'm not sure eliminating childhood hunger, providing more doctors and nurses in rural areas, and improving public education are some utopian visions.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  13. jonnyboy

Don’t break your arm patting yourself on the back.

14. jonnyboy

Just more ramblings to satiate your TDS. All roads meander back to MAGA somehow.

15. jonnyboy

They are when you do nothing but talk about them while actively siding with the people ensuring it will never happen.

16. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Don't bash the arm that feeds your kids free literacy and social services. I don't have to pat myself on the back...raising a healthy family that is thanks enough. You can make something of yourself and build a life for your family or complain about people who did it not only for themselves but also for the greater good. Choices. I wouldn't sit around waiting for a politician to fix the world for me though. Life is short enough as it is.

THE HCP, Chris Craig and Phatguysrule like this.
  17. Phatguysrule

The people ensuring it will never happen are the wealthy. So...

riverman likes this.
  18. SlyPokerDog

I'll put money on it that I've done more than you.

riverman likes this.
  19. Phatguysrule

Kurt Vonnegut's 1963 novel "Cat's Cradle."

20. jonnyboy

I was talking about Bernie Sanders. Wasn’t really trying to turn it into the extremely personal competition you and riverman are imagining.