Tyler Sent Down

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by CohanHater, Feb 27, 2012.

1. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
  2. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Don't think its indicative of a trade. This was reported several days ago, seems like it was the plan for a while to move Tyler to the D-League after the all-star break.

Should be interesting to see him get more minutes though. Hes shown some decent skills in the little time hes played.

3. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

And if you want a sense for Ellis’ market value right now, and probably leading into the March 15 trade deadline, it’s fitting to look back to last June. That’s when the GSW front office had talks with Minnesota (among a handful 0f other teams), centered around Ellis. According to multiple league sources, the two teams had a loose outline of a proposal–neither team had agreed to anything, but this was the basic heart of the talks: * Minnesota was willing to talk about a package involving F Michael Beasley and C Nikola Pekovic in return for Ellis. The sources say the Warriors didn’t flat out say no to Minnesota, but wanted more. San Jose Mercury-News

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawaka...with Tim Kawakami)&utm_content=Google Reader

mentioned by http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/golden_state_warriors

4. i hate the warriors

i hate the warriors Slingboxing from LONDON

Speaking of the d-league team, has there been any official talk about the team moving to San Jose, as was predicted?

It makes a lot of sense...it'd resemble the youth development programs that all the top european soccer teams use.

5. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

It makes sense unless (1) he's outplaying your other center and (2) you're not going to make the playoffs.

6. CohanHater

Enterprise Architect
    I think this is a chance to show him off before the deadline, even if for only a couple of games.

As for Monta's value, the league has already decided that he has very little. If we had any glimmer of hope of attracting free agents, I'd say just move him for expiring contracts to a bubble team looking to get over the hump. But that's just not going to happen.

Curry's latest injury is going to make him untradeable (at least for any real value)

I think we're stuck with these guys until Monta opts out.

7. CohanHater

Enterprise Architect
    Tyler went for 20 - 9 today.

8. Custodianrules2

Hopefully, this will give him more confidence. Part of playing good basketball is no fear of making mistakes. Guys like Dunleavy and guys like Jeremy Lin were afraid of making mistakes with Golden State. Maybe it was the coaching, maybe it was something personal that they held against themselves, but if they aren't afraid to make mistakes, nothing can hold them back from doing what they do best.

9. CohanHater

Enterprise Architect
    Followed it up with 16pts, 8 boards & 5 blocks yesterday. I wish there was a way to watch these games. If they came to San Jose, I'd go to all of them

10. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

On the bright side, Biedrins went 7 mins, 1 rebound, 0-2 from the line, 2 fouls. 2 fouls in 7 mins, about right. Tyler could do that.

11. Custodianrules2

I say switch places with Biedrins and call Tyler up. He ain't getting the job done even as backup. You gotta wonder, though, how much of the losing is a result of having a rookie coach. The guy seems to avoid playing guys that can get things done at the minutes they deserve. Like, why hasn't Rush been promoted to starting shooting guard? Instead Wright or McGuire get the nod? I guess I should be looking at minutes. Rush actually had more minutes than D Wright last game. Not sure if it was because it was a blowout and coach Jackson is resting his starters.

12. CohanHater

Enterprise Architect
    Looks like Tyler got called up, I haven't heard who got sent down, though

13. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

I don't think they have to make a corresponding move. Tyler was still on our roster even though he was sent down. The question is who will be deactivated during games?

BTW I wouldn't mind getting Chris Wright some more burn. He makes some impressive plays in his very limited minutes. Really athletic. They need to dump DW at the deadline for cap space and a 2nd round pick and just let Rush/Klay/McGuire/C. Wright play out the season.