UEFA CL KOR1: Porto v Arsenal

Discussion in 'Arsenal FC' started by speeds, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Blazed

Blazed Rip City 4 LIFE

I just read this whole thread, it's rather funny considering i haven't watched it yet.

2. Blazed

Blazed Rip City 4 LIFE

I had to FF to see the "call"....truly unbelievable... Did he even blow the whistle? Why was still in the box if he did? This fucking ref, needs to burn internal hell for this call and the infamous T.H. handball. This fucking guy better watch his back, someone might shank him...soon

3. Colonel Ronan

Colonel Ronan Continue...?

Control Center analyst
    Hahaha @ my random rages.

4. Colonel Ronan

Control Center analyst
    My ratings:

Fabianski -- 2

You could blame him for both goals. He is lucky to get a two, but he did make a couple of decent saves.

Sagna -- 5

Didn't look like his usual self yesterday. Made a couple of awful passes and tackle and is lucky not of seen red after his two-legged lunge.

Campbell -- 6.5

Showed some great physical strength and made some great tackles. Scored our goal which will be vital for the second leg. He was still out-paced a couple of times during the game which is a little bit of a worry. Great return to the Champions League for him.

Vermaelen -- 7

The lad was solid at the back. Absolute brick wall and showed some great pace. Too bad he can't do it all by himself!

Clichy -- 3

He was a complete waste on the left. He made a handful of mistakes and only a couple of tackles. He is supposed to be one of our fastest players yet he was out-paced at the back multiple times. I didn't even see him go forward very well. I'm going to blame this on the injury, though.

Denilson -- 4

Looked like a passenger most of the game. Didn't do anything worth noting and seemed to leave all the work to Diaby and Fabregas.

Fabregas -- 6

Wasn't his usual self and I think he let the Porto players get to his head a little bit. He had a couple of good passes and dribbles but nothing to point out. Fairly average.

Diaby -- 7

He was our best player on the day, in my opinion. He made a couple of bad passes throughout the game but made some great runs and tackles. He tried his best to control the midfield flow but it is hard when Denilson is have a cup o' tea. I can see a good link-up once we see Diaby-Song-Fabregas in the middle.

It is pretty shocking how well he has improved in the last few months. Hope he keeps it up.

Nasri -- 5

I don't know if he played good or bad. I don't really remember him doing anything. I guess that's a bad thing when you're a winger.

Bendtner -- 5.5

He was alive but missed a couple of chances. I can't really say he was given good passes though. I can see him improving in the future.

Rosicky -- 6

Had a great chance which forced the Porto 'keeper to make a good save. Nothing more to say.

Substitutes -- n/a

None of them made much of an impact. Walcott made a couple of good runs and should of gotten a freekick after a terrible Porto tackle.

Wenger -- 6

Good call to bring on Walcott but I think he should of taken Denilson off for Ramsey. I understand his complaints against the second goal.

Referee -- 0

What else can I say? He missed a penalty when Rosicky was fouled, he interfered with play for Porto's second goal, and only gave one card for all the fouls on Fabregas.

5. Colonel Ronan

Control Center analyst
    That was more of a rant than a team rating. Sour grapes much?