UFA'S

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by mrmel29, Jun 25, 2017.

1. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

And that is not how you be a GM. I won't do any favors for Kovy. It is laughable to have that stance. Get a 2nd or 3rd or prospect or whatever for Kovy OR let him walk for NOTHING next summer. Yeah I would choose to let him walk for NOTHING next summer and say my GM played it perfectly. Makes perfect logical sense. No point in continuing this discussion. You are so deep in the tank for your team you cannot be real.

And AGAIN they won cups when clutching and grabbing were king. Where having speed and talent weren't as important. I am not knocking them for that, I would love 3 cups, simply saying that is not going to work in todays NHL. So you actually need players who are talented and actually want to play in NJ.

When you want to have a good honest hockey discussion without Devil colored glasses on I am more than happy to do it. Until then it is pointless. If you want to go back 15 years it is pointless. I can call the Rangers what they are, an organization who has made many MANY questionable decisions. I don't have to BS because I am a fan of the team. And I don't have to say things like man my GM played it perfectly when he got nothing for Kovy, but hey he didn't do him any favors, so there's that.

2. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

Yeah sure, everyone in the division will be lining up for kovy next summer and give him anything he wants...lol Noone was lining up for Jagr when he came back from the KHL. And thats JAGR we are talking about here.

RangersFan likes this.
  3. nj cup

nj cup Member

lol I'm not going to sell for pennies on the dollar is exactly what shero weeks ago. He stuck to his guns I'm more then fine with that. If win now teams didn't want to pony up then they can take on all the risk next year if they sign him.

And again I told u I agree they can't clutch and grab which is why every year they get younger and faster and again I'll mention the key pieces to the pens two cup wins just now is from shero.

lol you just like to twist my words. Trying to save face. next year when he's on some teams books buyout proof tell me again how it wasn't a shrewd move. Maybe you put a higher price on late draft picks then I do. Is what it is.

4. nj cup

nj cup Member

I didn't say teams would be lining up for him but I'm assuming teams that were interested in him now and that was with having to pay a price would be interested next year for free no?

5. RangersFan

1st you have no clue what the offers were.
    2nd pennies on the dollar is better than nothing on the dollar.
    3rd the nonsense you now hang your hat on, wow Shero was so shrewd because now he forced a another GM to sign him to some awful long buyout proof contract is comical. Like you know who will sign him, and for how long, and for how much. As if you and Shero and the Devs get some great value or gain if another team signs Kovy to a contract. So again STOP.
    4th the moves Shero made in Pitt were to tank and draft Sid, Malkin and MAF? And Rutherford came in and really finished off the team. Shero is a solid GM, and I like him as I said and do think he'll eventually turn the Devs around, but please don't act like he was so smart and outside the box as he built the Pens team. Again nonsense.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  6. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Someone will probably give him 3/15 if he shows he's still in good shape, as that will take him to age 38 which isn't bad.

RangersFan likes this.
  7. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

what the hell are you smoking, bro? Sid and Malkin fell into his lap by tanking and that stupid fruitcake Mario crying to Buttman that the team is in financial troubles. That's laughable.

8. nj cup

nj cup Member

1 Neither do you guess your book a 7th rounder in 2022 is an acceptable return?
    2 Sometimes but not always. sometimes you have to make a sacrifice.
    3 well I think we all agree he will sign somewhere next year right?
    4 https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/ray...l-over-the-2017-stanley-cup-final/c-289736228 guess you didn't read that either.

I'm not saying he's perfect he's definitely fucked up but so far I'm happy for what he's done. You should be happy then as a ranger fan at what shero didn't. We will just have to agree to disagree and see how it unfolds

9. nj cup

nj cup Member

For a guy hat hasn't played NHL talent in 5 years at that point? I wouldn't want to sign that deal.

I agree that's exactly the type of deal I think he gets.

10. nj cup

nj cup Member

Anyway good luck (not too much). I said my piece and will go back to lurker mode

11. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    You are nuts.
    You get something of value for a player you know wouldn't play for you. Now you get shit. Even a late 2nd Round pick has the potential to be something more than what kovy will give
    Who says teams will line up 3 year deals for him...either way that would happen next year so to get ZERO is a dumb move

RangersFan likes this.
  12. Ranger71

All good man, some good back and forth summer banter never hurts to fill the time.

13. Ranger71

Saw something this morning on a possible Bozak for Holden++ type deal being looked at.

14. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Now that I like. I have wanted Bozak here for a while. He's great on faceoffs. Almost 57%. He's a 50 point guy as well. If Gorton can pull that off he deserves a medal. 4 million contract on the last year of his deal. Perfect fit. Now, don't want to see him add a top prospect in that deal for sure.

15. RangersFan

I am with you Al. I don't care if it's a 2nd round pick or a 7th round pick. A mid-prospect or a low prospect. You get SOMETHING in this situation. Better than getting NOTHING and then saying oh my GM got sh*t and boy did he play that perfectly.

The other thing is he thinks this has something to do with the Rangers, like oh you should be happy then as a Ranger fan. This has NOTHING to do with the Rangers. We are discussing the Devs and his statement that his GM played it perfectly when Kovy will walk for NOTHING. That simply does not make logical sense. Perfectly would have been if he was able to flip him to CBJ for a decent pick and/or prospect. Perfectly isn't getting nothing.

As I wrote, you can say hey I am not pissed at what Shero did. Sure it would have been better to get something, but I trust him and in his opinion the value was not there. So what can you do.

If NJ wrote that I am 100% on board. Not saying anyone should rip Shero apart here, no way. But to say yo my GM got zero and boy did he play that perfectly is comical.

Moving on...yeah if Gorton can swing Bozak for Holden and a mid-pick or mid-prospect that would be awesome. Then we'd be set to go. That's the kind of deal I see happening. We are not done.

16. kreidertime

Like I said. All Shero has done is prove he's incompetent so far. He keeps drafting centers when the organization weakness in on wing and D. Losing Kovalchuk for nothing was moronic. Anybody who thinks otherwise is a moron. Rangers couldn't have gotten him anyway. The old fart wants a ton of money. He's insane. Probably 1 or 2 teams could have made room for him. Not the Rangers. His Zacha pick was moronic. He had Provorov and Werenski sitting right there. Provorov is tremendous.

17. Ranger71

Thinking a Bozak deal would be something like Holden+ Tambellini or Kovacs and maybe a 3rd/4th.

18. RangersFan

Looked at Toronto's cap situation, and that deal really does make perfect sense (unless they want to hold Bozak and see if they can flip him at the trade DL for a better return).

They have no cap space. Still need to resign 1 or 2 guys. Can save 2.6 mill going from Bozak to Holden. They have a handful of UFA's/RFA's next summer, so no shot they resign Bozak. They have plenty of O, and can use a solid # 4/5 dman like Holden (him and Hainsey would be a good duo to replace Hunwick).

If they can get a little kicker of a 3rd or 4th or 5th round pick OR a middle prospect, it would be a very smart deal by the Leafs.

19. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Rangers signed David Desharnais 1yr/1M.

20. kreidertime

It's tough for most fans to admit your GM is a moron. I told Devils fans for 5 years on ESPN that Lou had turned into a senile imbecile. He had an 8 year stretch where for the most part he was incompetent. His drafts were awful. Shero has yet to prove anything other than having the team suck and get super high picks.