UFC 193 expected to be biggest PPV of the year, eclipse 1-million buys

Discussion in 'MMA - Mixed Martial Arts' started by speeds, Nov 18, 2015.

1. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

Not surprising considering a not very hyped match between Rousey and former accountant Bethe Correia sold over 900,000, even more than the hugely hyped McGregor/Mendes PPV that followed.

The rematch might not happen for six months to a year but when it does expect it to do even better numbers. Actually-- I'm not sure about that. If it takes a long time to come to fruition Rousey's appeal may diminish in the interim. I guess we'll see how much the loss affects her popularity.

Related-- #HOLMCOMING is one of the biggest hashtags of the year if you're into that nonsense.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  2. speeds

Zo is saying that this PPV could be the second biggest in UFC history behind UFC 100.

3. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Well-Known Member

Wow, I know Rousey was attracting a big fanbase... but that big? I guess everyone wants to see greatness... and they got a huge upset instead. I imagine Holmes may have to defend her title at least once before a rematch... I imagine that will make Meisha Tate rather happy.

4. speeds

The UFC likes to say something like 50% of it's fans are women, which is something you'd hear from WWF, but when Rousey fights girls are legit interested, speaking at least around here. She pulls lots of casual viewers/people who won't stick with the product.