Event UFC 241: Cormier vs. Miocic 2 [Results]

Discussion in 'MMA - Mixed Martial Arts' started by speeds, Aug 13, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 08-17-19
  1. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

2. speeds

3. speeds

Also Herb Dean continues to suck. How does Cormier get his thumb into Miocic's eye socket and Dean makes them fight on? If Dean's not blind, Miocic is, for the second time fighting Cormier!

4. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Yeah I was getting really heated with Cormier and his eye pokes again. His finger tactic needs to be addressed because they were constantly in or around Stipe's eyes. Fuck Cormier for that shit. I still think that's the biggest reason why he beat Stipe the 1st time around. Dean has really fallen off a cliff in terms of quality.

Also the commentary for Cormier was appalling I thought. Rogan and Cruz were so biased towards him. Even when Stipe started working the body they were calling it for Cormier until the body shot took effect. If you watch that fight on mute; I don't think you have it 3-0 Cormier going into the 4th. Maybe 2-1 Cormier but I felt Stipe started taking that fight in the 2nd half of the 2nd round and was piecing Cormier up. Going to rewatch it completely sober to confirm though.

I scored it 2-1 Romero. Judging by just a fight alone, I think Romero won but going by rounds I can see 2-1 for Costa. Romero kind of started slow and coasted and that hurt him.

This Nate Diaz slaughters Conor I think. If Nate can bully him up against the cage and wear on him, he wins via stoppage or submission again.

speeds likes this.
  5. valo36

valo36 Active Member

Apparently Ngannou has come out to let everyone know he deserves next crack at Miocic. I can not think of anyone who deserves it more at heavyweight.

Mamba likes this.
  6. valo36

valo36 Active Member

I believe the Diaz we saw could rough up most everyone at WW or LW outside of Khabib and possibly Colby. I don't think he could stop those takedowns, especially Nurmagomedov's.

I will have to see the PPV numbers, but I believe I was wrong on Diaz being a draw. I said a while ago the only reason he drew big was because he fought Conor, but social media seems to imply many tuned in to watch UFC 241. Maybe the Conor fights turned him into a needle mover.

speeds likes this.
  7. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

I can see Masvidal giving Nate an issue because he has more power and is quicker. Nate is better everywhere else though, but the speed + power thing could be a deciding factor.

valo36 likes this.
  8. valo36

valo36 Active Member

Masvidal is tough and has power, but the Diaz brothers have a habit of their chins being able to hold up against power punchers and out lasting them cardio wise. If there is anyone who can take one of those punches and keep coming it is Nate.

Mamba likes this.