UFC 87: Seek & Destroy

Discussion in 'MMA - Mixed Martial Arts' started by Celtic Fan, May 20, 2008.

1. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

Brock's next opponent is rumoured to be Cheick Kongo.

2. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (speeds @ Aug 10 2008, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Most PPVs are hit-and-miss but unlike boxing you're sure to see at least one good fight for your money. UFC 87 was fantastic with all six fights being very entertaining. Surprisingly the least entertaining fight of the night was the one that most were expecting to be a barnburner with Florian doing his Lyoto Machida impression against Huerta.</div>
    I thought the Florian/Huerta fight was a boatload of fun personally. It was the classic battle between experience and procision, against youth and a brawler. He was picking Huerta apart with his accurate punch's, and when he was on the ground, he always had the advantage. Just a fun fight in my opinion.

Speeds, where did you get the Brock Lesnar gif from when you had it up? I want that one for a sig now, I like the Thiago Alves, but I just want to try another.

3. shookem

shookem Still not a bust

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (speeds @ Aug 11 2008, 07:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Brock's next opponent is rumoured to be Cheick Kongo.</div>

I would like to see that.

I thought he seemed pretty cool (Kongo). He was all like, "Don't call me, unless it's a title shot" after the fight, "Why you waste my time?!"

4. Chocolove

Chocolove Active Member

One of the most annoying things about the GSP/Fitch fight was Mike Goldberg reminding us every 40 seconds that GSP gets his opponent down 80% of the time, that Fitch has never had his guard passed, and that Fitch defends the take down 70% of the time. Honestly I shouldnt know those facts off the top of my head like that.

5. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Well-Known Member

Yeah that was the first time I've heard them use stats like that... Must be some sort of idea to make it seem like other sports with stats???
    That or they've signed a company to compile stats like that.. I have not idea.. but it was different. Goldy's just gotta stop using the same 2-3 stats over and over.