Unofficial Raptors vs. New Jersey Nets Season Opener

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by Skiptomylue11, Oct 30, 2006.

1. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

bosh needs to sit down and sam needs to stop forcing it into him

2. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

I like we flop so much and reinforce the stereotype about soft Europeans.

3. deception

anybody else want to punch out richard jefferson? it works chutney, i.e. garbosa

4. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Yea, I'm not going to complain about it.

Anybody else notice that Ford's speed sometimes messes up their fast break? He's ahead of any other Raptors player a lot of the time and they force a bad shot.

5. deception

<div class="quote_poster">Chutney Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Yea, I'm not going to complain about it.</div>

bargnani needs to learn how to do it as well

6. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

TJ Ford with 17/5/5 on 7-11 shooting. Doing pretty good after he recieved that hefty contract extension. Chris Bosh's injury worries me.

7. Karma

Karma The Will Must Be Stronger Than The Skill

Carter's making some sexy passes.

8. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

Anthony Parker is killing it. I had my doubts about him, but he's proving he can play in the NBA.

9. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

We look so bad in a halfcourt offense. If we have to walk it up, we're a very mediocre team. I think we all know who is to blame for that.

Funny looking steal by Ford.

10. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Raptors lose, Raptors lose, Raptors lose! Man that was a frustrating loss. Exactly like the preseason one to Chicago. And I can see this happening a lot, with Mitchell as coach.

11. deception

<div class="quote_poster">deception Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">so i'm calling it now- the raps lose 101-91</div>

i'm good, final score 102-92, nets win!

on the real training camp thing, i remember how mitchell had to plead with bosh to get on the bike to get his conditioning up since he couldn't practice, finally bosh conceded and gave it a half arse effort on the bike. unprofessional?

12. a13x

a13x JBB JustBBall Member

Stupid night class ... i tuned in about 3 minutes after the game ended. I had the box score infront of me on my laptop but that just wasn't the same...

<div class="quote_poster">Chutney Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Nets are running more than us right now.</div>

See that's exactly the same thing I thought when we played the bulls; we got beat back down the floor all the time. Sam Mitchel is going to look a lot like Marc Iavaroni after this season. Our system is clearly flawed, fast break offense isn't forcing up bad shots within the first 8 seconds of a possession.

13. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

<div class="quote_poster">a13x Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">See that's exactly the same thing I thought when we played the bulls; we got beat back down the floor all the time. Sam Mitchel is going to look a lot like Marc Iavaroni after this season. Our system is clearly flawed, fast break offense isn't forcing up bad shots within the first 8 seconds of a possession.</div>
    Yea, this game mirrored the Bulls game a lot. The problem, as I see it, is our half court offense. Everything's fine when we're making teams miss, forcing turnovers, or grabbing rebounds, because we can run down, find open shots and put up points quickly. But I think we all realize that we're a mediocre defensive team at best and we won't be able to stop them on every possession. So what happens if you have to inbound the ball and walk it up? Our set plays are ridiculously simplisitic and consist of picks and rotating the ball. The Nets, and Bulls, just stacked the paint and let us shoot 3's all day, knowing that, while we might make 40-45% of them, the rest will be long rebounds and easy fast break points for them. And then we see long stretches where we're the slow, predictable team and the opponents are the running team.

14. XSV

XSV JBB The Virve Dynasty

LMAO at how excited Chuck got over Bosh's dunk with 2 min left and the Raps down by 12.

15. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

I liked that dunk from Bosh regardless of the time and score, he let some frustration out.

I'm dissapointed that we lost, but I rather lose with Bosh having a poor game than losing with others not stepping it up. Parker and Ford had huge games. Jorge wasn't in it today. Rasho was decent in his time in there. Graham was ugly. Tucker was decent and didn't really get a grasp of Jones and Calderon, although Calderon had a couple nice passes.

Ford's 5 TO's can be misleading as 2 came off of carries and 1 off of a pass where he was leading Mo-Pete, who slipped and lost his balance.

Bosh never really got into it, with foul trouble and just really not getting the ball much in a posistion where he can create and do damage. I would of liked to see him go to his right more instead of his left and fading away.

16. a13x

a13x JBB JustBBall Member

I'm sure someone has said this already, but cut me a break since i'm too lazy to read this whole thread: Anyone else notice that Bosh isn't integrated into our running style at all? He seems way better in the 1/2 court set. I mean it's great how the rest of this team is being used but i don't think we maxed out bosh's contract for 10 and 5 a game.

I didn't even watch this game on TV and i saw problems from the score sheet. Why are we playing our whole 12 man rotation within the second quarter? Bargnani, no matter how badly he sucks, deserves more than 8 freaking minutes, is Sam Mitchell trying to Darko the kid or something?

17. Dr. J. Naismith

Dr. J. Naismith JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">deception Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">so i'm calling it now- the raps lose 101-91</div>

Good call Deception! Damn close my friend. [​IMG]

18. deception

<div class="quote_poster">Dr. J. Naismith Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Good call Deception! Damn close my friend. [​IMG]</div>

all praise goes to uros slokar, he channeled the final score to me. unfortunately i wasn't listening too well, so hence the slight discrepancy

19. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

I saw minutes interspersed throughout the first 3 quarters, and managed to catch the final 5 minutes of the game.

I really liked what I saw from Anthony Parker, 2 months ago I had no clue what to expect from him, and he seemed to stand his ground against Vince.

Bosh's dunk in transition was pretty nice.

I liked Joey Graham (or was it Fred Jones) 's block on Nenad Krystic in the final minute.

Garbajosa and Bosh had unusual games. (Garbajosa has been awesome in preseason)

How was Humphries?

From the clips I saw of Bargnani I liked what he did in limited time. Vince had a couple of nice dunks.

20. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

Humphries didn't play much. Showed some nice hustle on one play and ran the floor for a nice dunk off a pass from Jose.