Unofficial Raptors vs. New Jersey Nets Season Opener

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by Skiptomylue11, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Rasho Nesterovic doesn't fit well with our style of play at all. He seemed to be a step short all game long.

2. Premium

Premium JBB I'm kind of a big deal

Sorry im just getting around to replying now guys...i been crazy busy at work lately...

anways...i caught the game. I thought we played really well all game long...but we went a stint in the 3rd quarter where we couldnt make a basket. thats bosh time normally. normally when we need a basket, thats when she should be able to turn to bosh and say "do your thing big man" and count on him to either get a bucket, go to the line, or draw 2 or 3 defenders and give someone a clean look. that wasnt happening. so we went on a huge dry spell and jersey took advantage of that, and went on that run that sealed the deal for us

tj looked FANTASTIC! if he can play like that for most of the season, and bosh DOESNT play the way he did, we'll be a pretty tough team to beat. parker looked great too. i love his game. he's so patient...he doesnt force anything. he just lets the game come to him, and takes what the defense gives him. im a big fan

even though we lost, i think there are a lot of positives to take from this. and im still SUPER excited about this season [​IMG]

3. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

I was about to go crazy if Parker made that one foot turn around + fadeaway banker.

4. hustler

hustler Revving up the Engine

No Salami and cheese Chuck?

5. Iggy

Iggy Iggy

Sort of off-topic but;
    After watching the Spurs/Mavs game, I noticed how fast and quick Francisco Elson is. They said he was the fastest player on the team other than Tony Parker and I think he would have been a perfect fit here. If we really want to go with the running game he'd fit right in. He's fast, can run and is a decent shot blocker.

6. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

^ deception called that one. I can't say I disagree with him. There were a few centers out there who were both cheaper and better suited to our system than Rasho.