UO/Cal Game Thread

Discussion in 'Oregon Ducks' started by Natebishop3, Nov 13, 2010.

1. bodyman5001

bodyman5001 Genius

auto collision technician
    I only watched a few minutes of the game, but I saw the part where the guy got mysterious leg cramps after looking towards the sidelines. I would suspend somebody for that crap.

2. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

That happened multiple times.

3. MrJayremmie

MrJayremmie Well-Known Member

Did anyone have like multiple heart attacks?

4. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

So I think the big question here is "did Cal expose Oregon"? Do Arizona, OSU and our bowl opponent now know how to defend the Ducks? They loaded up the box and blitzed like crazy. The Duck offense couldn't do anything against them.

As for the fake injuries, something has to be done about it. It's technically within the rules because the NCAA....as it should....has the players best interests at heart. I would like to see the NCAA take it a step further, and make a player that has caused the game to stop because of injury have to sit out that entire series.

5. BLAZER PROPHET

BLAZER PROPHET Well-Known Member

dental malpractice claims adjuster
    I don't think so. I mean, to a certain extent teams get "figured out" as the season goes along, but we had an injured RB (LJ had a badly sprained ankle and could not accelerate or break tackles) and a too conservative play calling to try and keep Thomas from being injured. Those things will be addressed. We also did a poor job of picking up blitzes- another item they can shore up. I have no worries.

In the case of obvious cheating as we saw last night, I think a game forfiet and 2 or 3 game suspension for the head coach is appropriate. It's blatant cheating.

6. BlazerBeliever

BlazerBeliever Active Member

These fake injuries are ridiculous. Something needs to be done in the form of suspensions. There is no way the officials can know at the time they are faking. As we saw on video last night the one guy #40 was being to obvious. I would suspend the player because that is who is playing the game.

7. BlazerBeliever

BlazerBeliever Active Member

Last night I was so upset with these officials. I have always said PAC 10 officials are the worst at calling pass interference. What we saw last night was a travesty. Mahel was interfered with twice and no call. We had minimal interference and both were called. This was the third time we have had that officiating crew. All on the road (ASU & WSU) plus last night. How odd that those were the toughest games we have had.

8. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

the one towards the end of the 1st half down at about the 8 yard line was right in front of me. Dude was tattooed well before the ball arrived with the sideline official right in place... the whole section of Duck fans around me were screaming immediately while the Cal fans sheepishly laughed it off like they'd just missed a bullet.

STOMP

9. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

game highlights

[video]http://www.versus.com/college-football/videos/week-11-highlights-oregon-beats-cal-in-a-low-scoring-affair/[/video]

was that Oregon FG at about 2:55 really no good? It appears to me to have hooked in. Regardless of whether you agree with me in this particular instance, there seems to be a gray area in football scoring of how to judge FGs when they go over the extended uprights. Maybe some sort of light projected up would provide officials more clarity on if it passed through the uprights, but then what do you do if it passes through the light?

STOMP

10. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Re: game highlights

I thought the officials showed an overall bias throughout the game. That interference call on Harris was pure bullshit too.

11. Wheels

Wheels Is That A Challenge?!?!1! Staff Member Global Moderator

Re: game highlights

it was a BS interference call.. but I did feel a Cal receiver was interfered with towards the goal line later that same drive. So that was a wash.. although the Harris interference kep tthe drive going lol.