Update: Ben Henderson signs with Bellator, gets title shot

Discussion in 'MMA - Mixed Martial Arts' started by speeds, Feb 1, 2016.

1. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

http://www.smoothbensonhenderson.com/blog/the-move

I'd like to officially announce my move over to Bellator MMA.
    I'm beyond excited for this next phase of my career, it's a big move, like any move when switching employers or jobs after having worked somewhere for such a long time.

I have to thank the BigMan upstairs for putting some amazing people in my life, my wife (first and foremost) and a lot of truly smart and insightful people behind the scenes who helped make the connections and negotiated this deal to bring it to fruition.

I'd be remiss to not thank Dana White and Lorenzo Fertita for the opportunities they presented me, you guys have helped me change my life for the better and to be able to provide my family with the things I didn't have while growing up. For that I'll always have the utmost appreciation. Thanks for all the advise you guys gave too, both business wise and personal.

And last but not least, to who it is I think of when I think of the UFC! Everybody behind the scenes who I personally dealt with every time I reported in or had to do something. Mayra, Melissa, Dave, Chris, Nick, Tracy, Joanie, Maura, Tony, Heidi, Ryan, James, Dave, Kaia (sp.???), Burt, Rob, Rudy, Stitch, House, Mike, Susie, Dean, Donna, Feryal, Sean, Joe, Brad, Jazzmine, Candice, Michelle, Reed, sorry I can't name everyone or this list would go on for forever. There's a whole ton of people behind the scenes who make that show what it is. You guys and girls are the ones who make that show great and allow us fighters to do what it is we love!!! Much love to you all and thanks for putting up with me for so long.

To my fans, thanks for all the love and support, I'll keep giving you my all, opening up my heart and soul inside that cage. I'm excited for this next chapter and building new relationships with guys I've heard nothing but great things about like Scott Coker, Rich Chou and Mike Kogan.

#TheOnceAndFutureKing
    BH

[​IMG]

2. JFizzleRaider

JFizzleRaider Sad Panda Global Moderator

Sad. I liked bendo

3. speeds

Henderson says he left on good terms but was motivated by the ability to have sponsors and also by the thought of a fighter's union. He says you can't say the word union around the UFC.

4. speeds

5. speeds

Dana White on Ben Henderson leaving: "We're looking for guys going from 15-to-1, not 1-to-15."

Such an ass.

6. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Well-Known Member

yeah an no mention of Henderson dropping to #15 because he fought twice at 170.... Dana White is LITERALLY the biggest and douchiest fare weather fan of all time... problem is he's the GM of the UFC.

7. speeds

From SI.com