Van Der Vaart Joins Real Madrid

Discussion in 'Europe' started by kobimel, Aug 4, 2008.

1. kobimel

kobimel Hapoel

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Rafael Van der Vaart has announced that he will move to Real Madrid this week after Hamburg agreed a deal with the Spanish giants and he will be presented at the Bernabéu on Tuesday.

The Dutch international broke the news on his official website and stated that he was delighted that talks had finally been completed after weeks of speculation.

Madrid held talks with Hamburg officials in London as both clubs were in the English capital for the Emirates Cup at Arsenal's stadium and struck an accord.

"Last night (Sunday) everything came together, and I am now moving to Real Madrid," Van der Vaart said.

"As everybody might know I have always wanted to move to Spain, because I have a strong bond with that country. Now I'm going to play for Real Madrid… it's a dream comes true!

"Looking back at the last couple of years, I'm extremely happy that I've had the chance to experience playing for HSV. No club, and no set of fans will treat you with more hospitality than they do! Thanks very much for that - Sylvie and I will never forget you!

"Tomorrow afternoon (Tuesday) I will be presented at Real Madrid. This will be the start of a new chapter in my life! I will do everything to help the team and the club to win trophies!"

According to Bild, Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon had to open his chequebook and spend a total of €13 million for Van der Vaart, who joins on a five-year contract.</div>

http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=804253

2. bbwchingy0007

bbwchingy0007 BBW Member

Wow, Martin Jol said yesterday that, whilst he though van der Vaart would join Real Madrid, they would have to pay at least €18m for him. So for them to get him for €13m is quite a surprise

3. Petey

Petey Super Sized Sexy, The Bulls Fan Killer! Staff Member Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chingy0007 @ Aug 4 2008, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Wow, Martin Jol said yesterday that, whilst he though van der Vaart would join Real Madrid, they would have to pay at least €18m for him. So for them to get him for €13m is quite a surprise</div>

I think €18m would had been low considering how much it's rumored Bayern want for Ribery.

-Petey

4. Claud

Claud Legendary

Full-time Student
    Im glad we got VDV.... Now even more because Sneijder went down... Good signing for us.