Van Exel and Dampier could be heading to Portland in exchange for Sheed

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Accord, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

I wish Dampier would stay, he provides very well for the team, he works very hard and is a great player. The teams I saw him helping more were those lacking some serious effort, size and a combination of offense and defense. A perfect example of a team like that is the Sixers.

As for ridding of NVE, I don't see anything too wrong with that. He wants to leave anyway, also he hasn't been providing well and hasn't been that much of a factor lately.

Sheed would be a nice addition, very offensive minded, explosive, a literal human spark. He'd make the team better if you ask me. Plus he's changed, a nicer guy now. His offense combined with his great rebounding would be an invaluable asset. As much as I hate to lose Dampier, I'd take this one.

2. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

I guess I should remember that the news media overplays certain things athletes or celebrities say just to sell papers or insider magazines. So I guess I shouldn't call out Van Exel yet unless I hear it on talk radio or a sports show. But I know Sheed is a big problem off the court and there's no denying that.

3. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

If I'm a warriors fan, I'd be happy for this trade. Dampier will ask for a huge salary and most probably go somewhere else. Besides, last season showed that Murphy is their double-double guy. Don't get into the hype of Dampier's double double this season. He's doing it because theire regular rebounders are down with injuries. Better get Sheed and have him cary you to the playoffs. Who cares if he leaves after this season. You free up a lot of cap space, get a marquee player and have him in a lineup of Foyle, Murphy, J-Rich and Mike.

4. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Yes. This team lacks a superstar, someone who will draw a double-team on every possesion, and Rasheed provides that first option on offense. Dampier has been averaging these numbers only because of the reasons stated above. If Sheed stays, this team could have a nice nucleus with for the next two seasons with J-Rich, Rasheed and Murphy.

5. thePHentity

thePHentity JBB JustBBall Member

what? the fact that dampier actually stepped it up in the absence of players injured should force you to give even more credit for his actions, not less. he stepped up when it really counted...and he didn't revert to his old foul and sit the entire first half...he's been very careful and effective. he's improved his game...finally. i don't see how you can say "oh he's only averaging a double double and almost made the all-star team in the West because his teammates were injured" he's a rare big guy and the warriors have him...why exactly do you want to lose him? because of a big contract?...were you guys saying the same thing when we wanted gilbert to stay? having that inside presence is important.

6. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

If I were Damp, I'd want something long term if I get injured in the future, which could happen since I'm a big guy who has to run the floor and play other centers constantly leaning on you.