Van Exel sidelined with sore knee

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Vyper, Jan 16, 2004.

1. Vyper

Vyper -Vintage '73-

jaded corporate lackey
    Nick The Quick on IL

Associated Press

OAKLAND, Calif. - The Golden State Warriors placed point guard Nick Van Exel on the injured list Thursday with a swollen left knee and activated center Adonal Foyle from the injured list.

Van Exel missed seven games earlier in the season because of his knee. He had surgery on his left knee Nov. 20 and sat out the first three games of the season. Later, he was sidelined again with knee pain.

Link

2. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

Didn't the Warriors seem to play a lot better without Van Exel last night? I know the Cavs make most teams look good but they just seemed to play better as a team with a pass first PG running the show. We'll see.

3. thePHentity

thePHentity JBB JustBBall Member

they played better because van exel was out...there's no doubt about that. how many fast break points did the warriors have? i remember in the 3rd quarter fitz said something about having 34 fast break points already in only the 3rd quarter. it's a lot more exciting to watch too.

4. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting thePHentity:</div><div class="quote_post">they played better because van exel was out...there's no doubt about that. how many fast break points did the warriors have? i remember in the 3rd quarter fitz said something about having 34 fast break points already in only the 3rd quarter. it's a lot more exciting to watch too.</div>I say keep Claxton as the starter even when NVE returns. It was beautiful to watch last night. Everybody was moving and the ball was moving until we got a good shot. When Van Exel is running the show there is way too much standing around and nick tries to do too much.

5. Purple N Gold

Purple N Gold JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">I say keep Claxton as the starter even when NVE returns. It was beautiful to watch last night. Everybody was moving and the ball was moving until we got a good shot. When Van Exel is running the show there is way too much standing around and nick tries to do too much.</div>

Yeah, that was a very exciting game last night, and the Warriors best so far. Claxton hustles, he moves the ball around, and plays solid defense. I don't think their is a chance that he would start when NVE comes back, but he looked awesome last night.

6. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Yeah most likely Claxton won't start because they're counting on him to make the defensive stops and provide energy off the bench. But I would prefer if he started and utilize Van Exel as the scorer off the bench. And for once the offense needs to have plays designed for a go-to-guy when they're going up against the zone. They can't just sit there and expect that passing the ball along the perimeter and cutting will open up an isolation. They have to develop a mid-range game and start drawing defenders to one side to create room. Speedy can create that space and if he wants to drive all the way to the basket.

7. kobeonfire

kobeonfire JBB JustBBall Member

I agree with everyone else that Claxton should be the starter... however I doubt that he will be. The main reason for this is Van Exel, who will probably complain about coming off the bench on this team.

8. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting kobeonfire:</div><div class="quote_post">I agree with everyone else that Claxton should be the starter... however I doubt that he will be. The main reason for this is Van Exel, who will probably complain about coming off the bench on this team.</div>

You think he would? He said that he wouldn't mind coming off the bench as long as its during crunch time.