VC to clippers?

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Clippers' started by MaxaMillion711, Sep 18, 2004.

1. TheAnswerIsAi3

TheAnswerIsAi3 BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Mr.Wade:</div><div class="quote_post">Maggette is already a better player than Carter, and Mag's potential still hasn't been fulfilled...

VC never dunks strong in the lane anymore, while CMag is never scared to take it in... VC always settles for the J which isn't good. The only thing Vince has over CMag is ticket selling, a better J and more hype.</div>

Everybody is always down grading VC now. HAHA VC over Maggz anyday cmon now. Like I said...VC is gonna earn his dunking abilities and everything else back this year. Im just waiting for it to happen. Ive been reading that hes in very good shape so I cant wait to see him in games and in this years Dunk Contest. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Who says VC cant dunk? Ive got some Videos of him doin some awesome dunks just last year on some big players. VC will rise up and start jumpin over foreign players this year again...youll see :P

2. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Mr.Wade:</div><div class="quote_post">Maggette is already a better player than Carter, and Mag's potential still hasn't been fulfilled...

VC never dunks strong in the lane anymore, while CMag is never scared to take it in... VC always settles for the J which isn't good. The only thing Vince has over CMag is ticket selling, a better J and more hype.</div>
    [​IMG] you're alone on that one, I'm a big fan of Maggette and Vince, but I know that's not true.

A Carter and someone decent, not any major player for Maggette and Kaman could be nice, but I don't know about it working under the CBA.

The thing is: Maggette is almost 3 years younger, Maggette makes less money than Carter

Carter has more player value, but his trade value isn't that much higher than Maggette because of these factors, player value and trade vlaue can vary at times. Like Michael Redd, his player value is about a little more than Maggette, but his trade value is one of the higher ones in the league because he only makes 3 million.

3. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

I think Maggette is better also, he has better "D", is younger, and most importantly IS NOT INJURY PRONE Carter has had his share of knee injurys. Maggette has a ton more potential, and he is already better then VC. Bottom Line: I would take Maggette over an injury prone carter any day. One thing that Vince will do that may have the Clippers management think about is VC puts butts in the seats...

4. shaq diesel

shaq diesel JBB JustBBall Member

i wouldnt mind if he came, but i wouldnt give anybody good up for him

5. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Courtking031:</div><div class="quote_post">I think Maggette is better also, he has better "D", is younger, and most importantly IS NOT INJURY PRONE Carter has had his share of knee injurys. Maggette has a ton more potential, and he is already better then VC. Bottom Line: I would take Maggette over an injury prone carter any day. One thing that Vince will do that may have the Clippers management think about is VC puts butts in the seats...</div>
    Maggette not injury prone?
    Maggette has better defense?
    I like both of them, but I can certainly say defense and durability are characteristics that neither Maggette or Vince are known for.

<font size="1">Toronto trades: SF Vince Carter (22.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 4.8 apg in 38.1 minutes)
    PF Donyell Marshall (14.7 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 1.5 apg in 36.5 minutes)
    SF Morris Peterson (8.3 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 1.4 apg in 26.1 minutes)
    Toronto receives: SG Kerry Kittles (13.1 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 2.5 apg in 34.7 minutes)
    SF Corey Maggette (20.7 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 3.1 apg in 36.0 minutes)
    PF Chris Wilcox (8.6 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 0.8 apg in 20.6 minutes)
    SG Marko Jaric (8.5 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 4.8 apg in 30.4 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: +5.4 ppg, -0.2 rpg, and +3.5 apg.

L.A. Clippers trades: SG Kerry Kittles (13.1 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 2.5 apg in 34.7 minutes)
    SF Corey Maggette (20.7 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 3.1 apg in 36.0 minutes)
    PF Chris Wilcox (8.6 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 0.8 apg in 20.6 minutes)
    SG Marko Jaric (8.5 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 4.8 apg in 30.4 minutes)
    L.A. Clippers receives: SF Vince Carter (22.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 4.8 apg in 73 games)
    PF Donyell Marshall (14.7 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 1.5 apg in 82 games)
    SF Morris Peterson (8.3 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 1.4 apg in 82 games)
    Change in team outlook: -5.4 ppg, +0.2 rpg, and -3.5 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED</font>

6. 30 standing ver

30 standing ver JBB JustBBall Member

Wow I never thought of Maggette being better then Vince. He did have better work ethic on grabbing the boards and getting to the line. I think Maggette is close to being Vince's equal. But I still feel that VC is better. I mean Maggette didn't carry his team to the playoffs in his career yet. I know Vince isn't doing that anymore himself, but I still feel like he edges out Maggette a bit.

7. 02civic

02civic JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

vc is WAAAAAAY better then CM!!!

for one vince's points probably would of been 3 per game higher if not for toronto's rigid defensive half court, slow tempo style of game last year. He's a much better passer, dribbler and jump shot...he's as multi dimensional as he wants to be, and properly motivated i'd bet the farm he could get back to his old self...you just have to get him playing angry.
    second off vince was playing with bosh, marshell and rose has legitimate scrorers so i dont think he had the pressure of putting up numbers like corey did.
    You'd have a hard time naming me 4 SF's that are better than him in this league,...even with the injuries. He didnt miss many games last year and played pretty good with decent %'s.

8. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting 02civic:</div><div class="quote_post">vc is WAAAAAAY better then CM!!!

for one vince's points probably would of been 3 per game higher if not for toronto's rigid defensive half court, slow tempo style of game last year. He's a much better passer, dribbler and jump shot...he's as multi dimensional as he wants to be, and properly motivated i'd bet the farm he could get back to his old self...you just have to get him playing angry.
    second off vince was playing with bosh, marshell and rose has legitimate scrorers so i dont think he had the pressure of putting up numbers like corey did.
    You'd have a hard time naming me 4 SF's that are better than him in this league,...even with the injuries. He didnt miss many games last year and played pretty good with decent %'s.</div>

I wouldn't say that VC is way better, right now he has a slight edge, but Maggz is going to work up to that point soon.

9. 02civic

02civic JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

i dunno...he's not nearly as polished offensively. he's gotta pick up a decent jump shot before he can be considered an equal.