Vernon Davis = Highest Paid NFL TE

Discussion in 'NFC West' started by Jon_Vilma, Jul 28, 2006.

1. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (david81 @ Aug 8 2006, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chaintime @ Jul 28 2006, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Jul 28 2006, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>As for being the Highest Paid Tight End in the league, thats kinda rediculous for someone who has never played an NFL Snap. I still think the NFL has to come to some sort of agreement on a max salary that a player can get in his rookie contract cause this is getting rediculous.</div>Yeah, I didn't understand that at all. He's not even on the level of Antonio Gates or Tony Gonzo just yet, lets wait till the season to put him anywhere. For all we know, he could be awful in the NFL.Leave it up to the 49ers to do something like this. Idiots.</div>Oh shut the fuck up.Same exact thing happened when the Browns drafted K2. His rookie contract was the most ever for a TE. Davis is better and way smarter than K2 so no surprise to make him the highest now.</div>Nobody said he isnt a good player, but its kinda pathetic that this league allows him to be higher paid then Jeremy Shockey or Tony Gonzalez or Antonio Gates who have proven themselves on the NFL level already...Next year the #1 overall pick is in line to make the almost the same kind of money as Peyton Manning does now....is that fair?

2. david81

david81 BBW Member

[quote name='AdropOFvenom' post='63156' date='Aug 8 2006, 03:06 PM'][quote name='david81' post='63131' date='Aug 8 2006, 10:36 AM'][quote name='Chaintime' post='60643' date='Jul 28 2006, 05:49 PM'][quote name='AdropOFvenom' post='60606' date='Jul 28 2006, 01:42 PM']As for being the Highest Paid Tight End in the league, thats kinda rediculous for someone who has never played an NFL Snap. I still think the NFL has to come to some sort of agreement on a max salary that a player can get in his rookie contract cause this is getting rediculous.[/quote]Yeah, I didn't understand that at all. He's not even on the level of Antonio Gates or Tony Gonzo just yet, lets wait till the season to put him anywhere. For all we know, he could be awful in the NFL.Leave it up to the 49ers to do something like this. Idiots.[/quote]Oh shut the fuck up.Same exact thing happened when the Browns drafted K2. His rookie contract was the most ever for a TE. Davis is better and way smarter than K2 so no surprise to make him the highest now.[/quote]Nobody said he isnt a good player, but its kinda pathetic that this league allows him to be higher paid then Jeremy Shockey or Tony Gonzalez or Antonio Gates who have proven themselves on the NFL level already...Next year the #1 overall pick is in line to make the almost the same kind of money as Peyton Manning does now....is that fair?[/quote]I didnt say anyone said he wasnt good, I told him to shut the fuck up since he blames the 49ers for the contract. Its not fair but its how rookie contracts have gotten, and it doesnt look like anythin will change about it anytime soon.