Vick

Discussion in 'NFC South' started by JustBry07, Nov 21, 2004.

1. JustBry07

JustBry07 The Underdog

Michael Vick is by far the most athletic QB in the league, and he will only get better with experience, he's young right now, give it time and he could be an all around great QB. He leads QB's in rushing yards right now in the league, and the guy can definately scramble. GO FALCONS GO! (8-2)

2. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

I think he's good, but the jury is still definitely out on him. I need to see him become a better pocket QB. Using your feet is definitely a plus in today's league, but the QB position will always be 90% quarterbacking skills and 10% scrambling ability.

I may be biased, but I think Culpepper and McNabb are good examples of what a mobile QB should be...they use their scrambling ability to buy extra time.

3. JustBry07

JustBry07 The Underdog

Good point. Culpepper in my opinion is one of the best in the league right now, McNabb too actually. They are doing really well. I think Vick has a lot to learn but with experience and learning I think he could be a great for sure, and maybe I'm biased there too, cause Falcons are my team.

4. BrianWestbrook

BrianWestbrook nfl-*****s member

I agree with viking on this, Vick seems a bit jumpy still. A perfect example is that 14 seconds scramble McNabb had. After I saw that, I thought to myself that that was exactly what the threat of a mobile QB should provide, not that he can run for 20 yards but pass it for 60. They seem to be building around Vick's ability to run though, but I'm not too sure how that's gonna work out. 7-2 though may be a good indicator, but they really haven't beaten anyone amazing

5. nflfan04

nflfan04 Dazed and Confused

i dont get it. am i the only one who thinks hes over rated?

6. JustBry07

JustBry07 The Underdog

You're probably not the only one who thinks Vick is overrated. I disagree though, I think he's a good QB...good arm, good athletic ability, I just think he needs time to develop more and he could be a great QB apposed to a good one. You gotta give him that much he is pretty good.

7. BJames1156

BJames1156 LSU SAINT

I'll admit he is a good player and athlete. But yes he was over rated after his one great season.

8. JustBry07

JustBry07 The Underdog

Vick is just all around good, he proves it time and time again led his team to the 24-21 win over the Saints today. Threw for 212 yards, and 2TDs, then there was 69 rushing yards and a rushing TD. So he can run and he has a good arm. Either way hes interesting to watch, and the games are always worth watching when he is the QB. Falcons 9-2. I dont think hes over rated at all.