Videos: Nuggets Games Highlights

Discussion in 'Denver Nuggets' started by tremaine, Jan 13, 2007.

1. tremaine

tremaine To Win, Be Like Fitz

writer, accountant & part time economist
  2. tremaine

3. tremaine

THE MOST RECENT HIGHLIGHTS ARE ON THIS PAGE. SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM TO FIND THE VERY LATEST.

Here is the Iverson postgame news conference following game 3, which was Spurs 96 Nuggets 91:

A.I. News Conference After Game 3

4. tremaine

This is the Melo news conference following game 3, which was won by the Spurs, 96-91. You can see that he is not the kind of player who will say anything against his team or his coach, no matter how bad things are going.

Carmelo Anthony News Conference After Game 3

5. tremaine

6. tremaine

7. tremaine

Here is a preview of the three games today, including game 4 of Nuggets-Spurs, a make or break game for the Nuggets. Tonight we find out if the Nuggets can break out of the limitations imposed on them by Coach Karl and by the Spur's defense, as they did in game 1. They have to rise above both their own coach and the Spur's defense to win it.

Preview of the Three April 30 Playoff Games, Including Game 4 of Nuggets-Spurs

8. tremaine

TNT Halftime for Game 4 of Nuggets-Spurs

In the series, George Karl's main concerns were the integrity of the game of basketball and that his team play professionally and with respect for the best traditions of the game. The Spurs subscribe to those things in the abstract, but when they are on the court playing, their number one objective is to win, whether or not they are following historical traditions. Karl's strategies were routed in the 4th quarter of game 4 of the Nuggets-Spurs series, when the Spurs dismantled the Nugget's worn out starters and went on a 17-6 run. This completed the Spur's 2-game sweep in Denver and gave them an almost insurmountable 3-1 game lead in the series.

George Karl's Waterloo: the 4th Quarter of Game 4 in Denver

9. tremaine

Spurs Coach Greg Popovich following game 4, which the Spurs won with a huge 4th quarter, to take a 3-1 lead in the series:

Greg Popovich following game 4

Now you will see the Nugget's Coach admitting the obvious, which is that the short rotation led to the Nugget's worn out starters being dismantled by the "more energized" Spurs in the 4th quarter. Keep in mind that it is George Karl himself who chose the highly unorthodox short rotation strategy.

Also, note that in Karl's book, losing is good. Somehow, in some magical way that is never detailed, when you lose a big game, your basketball character, or your overall understanding and appreciation of the game, is improved. Even if that is true, what is the relationship between basketball character and knowing how to play to win?

Karl never specifies this, and I myself think you are talking about apples and oranges there. Good character and abstract wisdom is nice, and not really as difficult to attain as Karl seems to think, but knowing how to play to win is nicer.

So hear for yourself: here is Nuggets Coach George Karl following game 4, which the Spurs won with a huge 4th quarter, to take a 3-1 lead in the series:

George Karl following game 4

10. tremaine

Here is Allen Iverson following game 4 of the Nuggets-Spurs series, when the Spurs effectively won the series by sweeping both games in Denver and taking a 3-1 lead back home to South Texas:

Allen Iverson After Game 4

And now Melo following game 4:

Carmelo Anthony After Game 4

11. tremaine

Video Highlights
    April 30 Game
    Game 4 of the Nuggets-Spurs Series

Spurs 96 Nuggets 89

Also, check out a big steal for Nene in game 4:

Nene Steal

12. tremaine

Nuggets fans have got to see if you didn't see it when it aired. This is the TNT halftime report during the Nuggets elimination game in San Antonio, which was game 5 of the series. Both Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith explain why, in good detail, George Karl made a total jerk of himself by going to the Denver newspapers regarding his decision to not play J.R. Smith at all in the elimination game. As these two explain, Karl seriously compromised his team's chances to pull the huge upset and start to get back into the series.

Barkley is too hard on offensive-minded basketball teams, and he can drive me up the wall, but I was very happy to find him on the correct side of the J.R. Smith issue. Way to go Barkley.

Since I have followed the Nuggets closely, I have identified other Karl mistakes, which you can read about in my game reports. To read game reports that are more than a month old, click my username, tremaine, and then click on "Find all threads started by tremaine" in the Forum Info box.

Here is the halftime report:

Charles Barkley & Kenny Smith on the TNT Halftime Report During Game 5

13. tremaine

Spurs Coach Greg Popovich After the Spurs Eliminated the Nuggets, 4-1

George Karl claims, after the Nuggets were dismantled by the Spurs 93-78 in game 5 and lost the series 4-1, that the Nuggets are nevertheless in a much better place. I disagree with much of what Mr. Karl says, and I disagree even with that. I'd agree that the Nuggets are a little better off than they were last year and the year before, but I disagree with the idea that they are alot better off.

For the fourth straight year, the Nuggets have won just 1 playoff game, so there isn't much difference to be found in the results, is there? In fact, it's like a broken record.

And if you can not take advantage of talent added to the team, then how much better off are you really with that new talent? A very large amount of talent was wasted during this year's five games and out. The wastage of talent went way beyond just J.R. Smith.

Nuggets Coach George Karl After the Spurs Eliminated the Nuggets, 4-1

14. tremaine

Final 2006-07 Nuggets locker room comments are here. You will see the following:

Melo: Don't miss his very first comment regardng how the Spur's bench demolished the Nugget's bench. I guess Melo is not the beat around the bush type of guy. Way to hit the nail on the head, Melo. And was the bench disaster any surprise, since the Nugget's bench didn't even get much of an opportunity to compete? I saw that train wreck coming from several miles away.

Iverson: He admits this was his worst playoff series ever. That may be true, but it's more complicated than that, and I will have more on the subject in a day or two.

Camby: He is looking forward to next season, but he may be traded in the off-season.

Kleiza: One of the Wasted Talents of the Denver bench.

Melo, A.I., Camby, & Kleiza Comments Following The Last Game of the Season; Listen For the Very First Thing Melo Says

15. tremaine

16. tremaine

13 years ago, the Denver Nuggets pulled off one of the biggest upsets in the history of basketball, when they defeated the Sonics in Seattle on May 7, 1994, to win the series 3 games to 2. The Nuggets were the 8 seed and the Sonics were the 1 seed, so it was the same type of thing as the Warriors beating the Mavs this year. But in fairness to Baron Davis and the Warriors, the Nugget's win was in a best of 5 series, whereas the Warrior's win over the Mavs this year was in a best of 7 series.

Who do you think was the losing Coach of the number 1 seed Sonics, which lost to the number 8 seed?

___ The Man on the Moon
    ___ Carmelo Anthony's Grandmother
    ___ Ronald McDonald
    ___ Bozo the Clown
    ___ David Stern's Mother
    ___ George Karl

The answer is obvious. [​IMG]

Long Video On the Nuggets Historic Upset of the Sonics 13 Years Ago

Very Short Video On the Nuggets Historic Upset of the Sonics 13 Years Ago

[​IMG]

17. tremaine

Kenyon Martin's rehab has gone very well by all accounts, and he will most likely be back in good shape for the Nuggets for the 2007-08 season. Martin has had plenty of time to figure out how to avoid the benching fate that awaits way too many of George Karl's players. If you play conservatively and unselfishly, if you keep all of your thoughts on basketball strategy and tactics to yourself, if you keep a low profile both on and off the court, and if you are a model employee in every respect, you maximize your chances for alot of playing time under the rule of Karl.

You are free to, secretly and in private, hope and pray that his rule will be ending sooner rather than later.

To celebrate the return of K-Mart, here is an excellent K-Mart highlight video:

K-Mart Highlights

18. tremaine

19. Answer_AI03

Answer_AI03 JBB JustBBall Member

I CANT WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO START!!!!!</p>

20. tremaine

I am putting the 2007-08 game highlights videos in the the game report threads. That would be the tremaine game reports, not the SportsTicker ones! I've got the videos in those reports starting with the Nov. 9 Wizards game. Melo and A.I. have their own video threads.</p>

So this thread will now be for other Nuggets players and for videos about the whole team other than the highlight videos. How about a J.R. Smith highlights video to get this new approach started: <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/spdL6-QR0hw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/spdL6-QR0hw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object></p>