Vince Demands Trade

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by jenike, Sep 16, 2004.

1. 02civic

02civic JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

why not..since he wants to go to orlando....pick up mobley and cato for vince....maybe a pick as well...1st round next year. I'd do that trade anyday

they wont get an all-star for vince, they should take what they can get before he gets even worse. Mobley can put up 18 points and stretch the defense....cato is another big man that could give them 10 and 8

2. 02civic

Trade To Do

since vince wants to go to orlando....why not pick up mobley and cato for vince....maybe a pick as well...1st round next year. they wont get an all-star for vince, they should take what they can get before he gets even worse. Mobley can put up 15+ points and stretch the defense....cato is another big man that could give them 10 and 8

Toronto trades: SF Vince Carter (22.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 4.8 apg in 38.1 minutes)
    Toronto receives: C Kelvin Cato (6.1 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 25.3 minutes)
    SG Cuttino Mobley (15.8 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 3.2 apg in 40.4 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: -0.6 ppg, +6.5 rpg, and -0.6 apg.

Orlando trades: C Kelvin Cato (6.1 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 25.3 minutes)
    Orlando receives: SF Vince Carter (22.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 4.8 apg in 73 games)
    Change in team outlook: +0.6 ppg, -6.5 rpg, and +0.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

or expand it a little and inlude Jameer Neslon in the fold. Couldnt be done till december since he just signed...but i think its fair for both sides. For Orlando they have a great tandem in Franchise and Vince...with a young Howard on the way up. In 3 years it could be the best three-some in the nba. The raps would get a good shooter that can stretch the D and bring in 15+ a game, a big guy which is sorely needed...and an up and coming pg.

or they could open it up even more to......

Toronto trades: SF Vince Carter (22.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 4.8 apg in 38.1 minutes)
    PG Alvin Williams (8.8 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 4.0 apg in 30.9 minutes)
    PG Milt Palacio (4.4 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 3.1 apg in 20.5 minutes)
    Toronto receives: C Kelvin Cato (6.1 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 25.3 minutes)
    C Andrew DeClercq (3.2 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 0.6 apg in 17.1 minutes)
    C Jameer Nelson (3.2 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 0.6 apg in 17.1 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: -10.6 ppg, +6.6 rpg, and -7.1 apg.

Orlando trades: C Kelvin Cato (6.1 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 25.3 minutes)
    C Andrew DeClercq (3.2 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 0.6 apg in 17.1 minutes)
    C Jameer Nelson (3.2 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 0.6 apg in 17.1 minutes)
    Orlando receives: SF Vince Carter (22.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 4.8 apg in 73 games)
    PG Alvin Williams (8.8 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 4.0 apg in 56 games)
    PG Milt Palacio (4.4 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 3.1 apg in 59 games)
    Change in team outlook: +10.6 ppg, -6.6 rpg, and +7.1 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

declercq is in his last year of his contract so thats some spending money for the raps and they give up palacio who's stranded on the bench anyways but can fill in some gaps in the orlando roster, giving them a decent back up pg. the raps also loose some weight by handing over alvin williams and his remaining 3 years. And he's far from useless...he could deliver 20mins solidly for the rest of his career i bet.

if i were orlando i'd do it for sure...and for toronto i'd be in 100%

3. undefined_playa

undefined_playa JBB JustBBall Member

If Olowokandi and Szczerbiak are fully healthy...it wouldn't be THAT horrible of a trade. We get a great shooter and a centre who (with valid playing time) could break out any season. It is bad...but not terrible.

4. undefined_playa

undefined_playa JBB JustBBall Member

Ouch...that really must hurt Vince. Man, Vince is just killing himself with the actions he is taking. If he gets traded for some minor players, he will probably be known as just another player which could hurt his ego even more.

5. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting hagrid:</div><div class="quote_post">Interesting thought OG15. Didn't realize JJ was on record as being discontent with his role. I've never been sold on Q Rich, but right now, partcularly with his salary, I'd think he's more likely to get the start than JJ.

What I don't understand is why they don't have QRich playing SF, but I guess that's a better question for the PHX forum.</div>
    I don't think Q can play SF, he's not really a swingman, but more of just a SG. He's big, but he's also only 6'5, and he was SG on the Clippers too. It's never really been brought up about him playing SF though.....

6. og15

og15 JBB *********

Orlando has said they have no interest, and that their's no scenario's that would work, the Raptors wouldn't accept this, and Orlando isn't trading Francis.

7. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

I would never do this if I were Toronto. Since Vince demanded a trade everyone has been downgrading him, face it Carter is probably not going to go anywhere until maybe the all-star break. The 2nd trade is more realistic but I don't think it is going to happen...

8. og15

og15 JBB *********

No Calls for Vince

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">A number of NBA general managers have contacted the Raptors to express interest in acquiring Vince Carter. Unfortunately for Carter, that number happens to be zero.

"I haven't had one call," Raptors GM Rob Babcock said, when asked yesterday about interest around the league in his disgruntled superstar.

"And there is no reason for them (to call) because they know what our stance is," Babcock said. "They know what we're looking for in any trade involving our players." </div>

Hahahaha eat that Vince, not one call, what's Vince going to do now, trade himself. I hope with this Vince starts to realize how much he has declined, even Atlanta didn't call, and we know they call for everything. [​IMG]

9. 02civic

downgrading him? hey i'm a huge raptors fan...and before 2 years ago i was a huge vc fan. lets face the facts, vince is on his way out in this league. he's an incredible finisher and dunker but you rarely see it anymore cause he's so afraid of contact. he's not very aggressive. How many times would he be isolated on a wing and hold it behind him like he was going to go by the guy like he did in his earlier years...only to jack up fade away. He no longer has an inside-out game just an out. and that doesnt create for his teammates...he doesnt get them openshots like a true superstar should.
    secondly..orlando wouldnt have to trade francis....we dont need him...with alston and nelson with mason jr throwing in some odd minutes we'd be fine at the point. what we need are some prospects(nelson), a big guy(declercq, cato) and someone to help in a running type offence (mobley). plus we'd loose the alvin williams 3 year contract.
    orlando would do it...they've said they wont give up francis but i bet mobley's open for bidding. Toronto SHOULD do this....he's only gunna get worse....he's not an allstar anymore as far as his game goes...sure he can put up 20 points but he's inconsistent, not a leader, and made of glass.
    if rob babcock told me that he wouldnt do this trade i'd call him a putz...cause you aint gunna get much better. Vince isnt T-mac, vince isnt shaq...vince isnt even baron davis.

10. Premium

Premium JBB I'm kind of a big deal

do we need to start a new thread everytime someone comes up with some trade idea?

its actually not a bad idea though since alvin and mobley are best friends. cato is just such an under achiever though.

11. Miami's Finest

Miami's Finest JBB JustBBall Member

The Heat would never trade Wade. He's the reason why Shaq chose Miami. Riley wouldn't trade his young talented star. The Diesel wouldn't allow it.

12. jenike

jenike JBB JustBBall Member

OG15 That's a good one. Atlanta, good call! How's your ego now Vince!

13. invertedzero

invertedzero JBB JustBBall Member

he better play above avg basketball if he wants to be traded then

14. crazytown

crazytown JBB JustBBall Member

Vince shouldn't take all the blame. It's management's ridiculous asking demand they want in return.

15. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't think Q can play SF, he's not really a swingman, but more of just a SG. He's big, but he's also only 6'5, and he was SG on the Clippers too. It's never really been brought up about him playing SF though.....</div>

I think can play the 3, just not guard the 3. He can't guard period. He's one of the best rebounding SG/SF's in the league.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Vince shouldn't take all the blame. It's management's ridiculous asking demand they want in return.</div>

It's not management, its Peddie. He shouldn't interefere with this stuff. The end result is Vince asking for a trade.

16. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I think can play the 3, just not guard the 3. He can't guard period. He's one of the best rebounding SG/SF's in the league. </div>
    When I first saw he just can't guard the three, I was going to say he can't guard any position anyways, so what does it matter, but you said it for me.

17. raps4life

raps4life JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">That post wasn't at you, it was at raps4life, I was basically saying if the only deal he would do is Pierce for Vince, then he's basically saying he wouldn't trade Vince :P</div>

no thats the only trade that i have heard mentiond that i would do ,, all this other <font color="DarkRed">****</font> like maggette and wilcox for him is <font color="DarkRed">********</font> ,, i just heard on sportsnet that vince for francis was in the works but the magic gm said he wouldnt trade francis for carter cuz francis is a "warrior" ... i mean i dont see the raps being able too trade vince at all now with camp only 2 weeks away , everyone has there rosters pretty much set.

<font color="red"><font size="1">Read the guidelines regarding curse words.
    ~Dre</font>
    </font>

18. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

The Magic wont out Francis through another trade,this guy didnt even want to come to Orlando so I doubt he would like coming to T-Dot.Plus Francis,these days Francis would be the better to have on your team because he usally stays healthy and seems like he has more years left in him then VC.

19. jenike

jenike JBB JustBBall Member

20. raps4life

raps4life JBB JustBBall Member

yep aslong as he gives his all game in and game out ,, toronto is a working class city , and definitly appreciate hard work