Vince Young is drafted by _____ ....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans_Buckeyes, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Titans_Buckeyes

Titans_Buckeyes NFL-*****s Member

Who do you think will get Vince Young in the draft?

1. Texans
    2. Saints
    3. Titans

I honestly don't think he'll drop out of the top three. If he slips down and is available for the Titans to draft, they'll be stupid not to, especially with McNair on his way out. However, it makes sense for Young to go to the Saints too, with the struggles of Aaron Brooks last season. Although, I think the new coaching staff in New Orleans stated something about going back to the old-fashioned, pocket QB, wanting to stay away from the scrambling type.

I say the Texans draft Bush, Saints pick-up Leinart because he fits their scheme, and hopefully Vince Young drops to 3, getting drafted by the Titans.

AHHH, I can dream.

2. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

That seems the most likely scenario.

1 Bush
    2 Leinart
    3 Young

3. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

yup that is what most people are thinking, plus McNair is tight with Young

4. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Yeah he's either going to Houston with pick #1 which I find unlikely or Tennessee with pick #3. The Saints need a more polished QB like Leinart and from what I've read that's what their looking for. The Titans have Steve McNair who's like a father figure to Vince Young and they can go with McNair for one more year and bring in Young in 07. I think Young is raw and might not be ready to be thrown in right away.

5. ranman

ranman nfl-*****s member

It's good to see a Titans fan in this forum..... If Young is there at #3 Titans would be stupid not to take him. The only problem is that they have major cap problems. Signing him is going to be a big problem.

6. eaglesrule21

eaglesrule21 nfl-*****s member

New to this forum. Keep up the good work it looks great. I think it will go Bush, Young, Leinart

7. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

Welcome to the forums guys, It's good to see another Buckeye fan around too!

8. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

He did horrible in a all star challenge in miami, and that might really hurt his stock.

9. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>He did horrible in a all star challenge in miami, and that might really hurt his stock.</div>
    The all-star challenge. Did you catch the end of it? If not then you missed the part where he pretty much had a perfect score when it came to throwing on the run. His time was way lower than 2nd places and he made an amazing throw to his left and he's a right handed QB. He's a top 3 pick. He isn't going too hurt his stock.

10. Titans_Buckeyes

Heh, thanks for the all the welcomes, and replies to the thread. I don't know of many Titans fans, lol.. especially from Pennsylvania, since everyone loves the Steelers, Bills, and Browns here. I can't wear my Titans jacket anywhere without getting trash-talked, but ahh, such is life.

I agree with Young sitting his first year though, let him get the feel of being a player, don't let all the glamour do to his head, and it won't hurt to watch McNair and learn from him. I'd say he's one of the best veteran QBs to learn from, he's seen it all, and been apart of several different types of teams, whether they were successful, or down right terrible, he has seen it all.

11. liljuzam

liljuzam nfl-*****s member

The Texans need so much help that I think they should trade down to accumulate picks/talent. If they draft Bush #1 and have the same horse crap line block for him he will be injured by week 6.

Now the Saints seem to really want Leinart. But let's say random team* has decided that they want Leinart and deal thier first and second or third round pick to the Texans and draft Leinart #1. Would the Saints then take Young over Bush? In this scenario the draft order could be:

1. Leinart to random team
    2. Young to New Orleans
    3. Bush to Tennessee

*random team could be like the Cardinals, or the Raiders, or maybe the Dolphins trade Ricky Williams and swap first rounders with the Texans to get the 1st pick. Could be any team that might be looking for an answer at QB.

12. Hawk

Hawk nfl-*****s member

Why does anyone care about the Texans? Is everyone waiting for this team to become good? No matter what the Texans do in the offseason, they'll still be Jacksonville and Indy's bitch.

13. Wannab Favre

Wannab Favre nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (eaglesrule21)</div><div class='quotemain'>New to this forum. Keep up the good work it looks great. I think it will go Bush, Young, Leinart</div>
    I think it would go like that if the Saints didnt have a QB similar to Young already but I think they will pick up Leinhart with the second pick!

Bush is gone number 1....without a doubt

14. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

The texans won't always be bad, eventually they will have a winning season, and now that they have a great assitant HC they're in the mix for winning the division [​IMG]

15. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Word is the Saints are in love with Matt Leinart and would take him with the #1 overall pick. They want a more polished QB which is Leinart. So you can bet some marbles on the Saints most likely taking Leinart.

16. Titans_Buckeyes

I have thought that the Texans taking Bush has been ignorant since it was announced that the Texans had first pick, more then likely taking Bush with that pick. I mean, what does that hold for the future of Dominack Davis? Excuse my spelling, I know he spells his first name different, I just can't remember how exactly. But, I believe he's a pretty dang good running back, so if Bush goes there, it could cause alot of controversy. We'll have to see what happens with that, should be interesting.

As for the Saints, I didn't know they were 'in love' with Matt Leinart, but they can love him all they want, lol. I really hope that Young slips down for the Titans, because I believe it'd be a big boost in our favor. And I checked the Titans salary cap and they have a decent amount of free space, especially after they got rid of that load of players last off-season. They knew what they were doing, although I didn't want to believe it, but maybe it will work out in the long run. It'd be nice to see them light up Indy, but once again, I can dream, right? Lol.

17. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

Personally, I'd take Leinert over Young any day. Young is definitely a better athlete, but I am really scared about his mechanics. The idea of the league finding another highly athletic QB who can't throw (ala Ron Mexico) is not really appealing to me.

Leinert has proven himself as a leader, has great mechanics, and is a good decision maker. I think he fits in very nicely as a QB in the NFL whereas the Young-type QB is still a question mark.

18. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

I think Dominick Davis is the most overrated RB people are starting too talk about. He' often injured and inconsistent. Now Davis in my opinion can be a great change the pace type of player but with Reggie Bush your getting the home run threat of home runs in this draft. Davis does have some trade value. If you can get a 3rd round pick for him I say do it and draft a defensive player with both your 3rd round picks assuming they go Bush and a lineman like Eric Winston in round 2.

19. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

I think the Titans have more needs than QB. They have a pro bowl QB in McNair and maybe the best backup in the league in Volek. Assuming they dont cut McNair in the offseason i think they should take D'Brickshaw Fergueson to help protect McNair.

20. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

I think the Texans would prefer to strengthen thier base, rather than start over....I expect them to trade with the Jets....the deal would be structured as follows: the Jets recieve the #1 overall selection in this draft, and select Reggie Bush. The Texans recieve the #4 overal selection in this draft, the Jets 2nd round selection in this draft and John Abraham. The Texans select D'Brishshaw Fergeson with that pick....adding a young elite LT prospect and an elite pass rushing end would be a major coup as the league is about protecting the qb and getting to the QB.....they could then package the 2 2nds they have to move up or down, as they see fit....really, they could siege control of this draft and dictate how everything goes....