Vince Young is drafted by _____ ....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans_Buckeyes, Feb 9, 2006.

1. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

That's what they should do but I don't see that happening for some reason. Mainly because Bush or Young would be a seat filler and isn't the "sexy" pick like Bush would be. Kubiak also stated he thinks Bush would blow people away in his system. It's funny how the fans would probably riot in Houston if they traded that pick. Adding Ferguson would be fulfill the biggest need but if I had to put money on what they would do I would bet on Bush.

2. Titans_Buckeyes

Titans_Buckeyes NFL-*****s Member

I don't know, I think Vince Young has a much better arm then Michael Vick, and everyone just loves him. *rolls eyes* Lol. His arm is way more accurate because Vick never wowed anyone with his accuracy in college either, however Young had some awesome passing games. I think with a few years of settling down, he'll be a great QB in the NFL, because he has the best of both worlds. He has the legs and the arm to control his own destiny in the league.

As far as Davis goes, yes, he's injured alot, but he's still a pretty good talent. Maybe it would be good for him to get out of Houston and go play somewhere else that needs a running back, although for some reason I can't think of a team that needs one right off hand.

3. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Titans_Buckeyes)</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't know, I think Vince Young has a much better arm then Michael Vick, and everyone just loves him. *rolls eyes* Lol. His arm is way more accurate because Vick never wowed anyone with his accuracy in college either, however Young had some awesome passing games. I think with a few years of settling down, he'll be a great QB in the NFL, because he has the best of both worlds. He has the legs and the arm to control his own destiny in the league.</div>
    Well, I think it remains to be seen. Yes, Young has a much better completion % in college, but could that be partly due to the system? It seems whenever a college gets a talent like Young or Vick they build their program around their legs which does not allow them to develop NFL caliber passing skills.

I don't know - maybe I'm overgeneralizing, but I think Young with his passing style is a risk.

4. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

The Texans have Carr locked up now until 2008, so you can cross Leinart and Young off of their draft boards.

Texans fans want Reggie Bush, so that's probably who they'll take. I think it's a dumb move, personally, but what do I know?

As for Domanick Davis being overrated? Not so much... The Texans' offensive line has been wretched and he's been getting killed, yet somehow he manages to go over 1000 every year with little or no help from anyone. If he ever manages to get some blocking, he could put up scary numbers.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...the Texans should trade down. Take the *cough* Ted Thompson approach, accumulate more picks and work on the core of your team (offensive line/defensive line).