Von Miller Agrees to Sue NFL

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Shapecity, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

As we noted a couple of weeks back, former DeSoto High School Eagle and Texas A&M Aggie Von Miller is among the high-profile plaintiffs named in the lockout class action brought against the National Football League. His name's right there alongside the likes of Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Payton Manning. Only, there's one thing: Miller ain't a pro yet. Far from. And while there's no doubt the Butkus Award-winning linebacker will go high in the draft next month, he's still taking one hell of a chance suing the league for reasons explained in this freshly minted New York Times piece about what lies ahead for guys labeled "activist players," especially before they've taken a snap in the pros.

Judy Battista not only asks Miller why he signed on to the suit, but how long he considered it -- and what he hopes to get from participating in the litigation, which one unnamed general manager says was not in the DeSoto native's best interests. Battista also talks to those with whom Miller spoke before he did what he did, including his dad and A&M coach Mike Sherman, who told Von two years ago to stay in school even when the N.F.L. beckoned.

"I didn't get involved in this for the spotlight," Miller said in a recent interview. "That wasn't even on the agenda. I got involved to be a part of great guys like Peyton Manning and Mike Vrabel. I got into it for those guys. It's a great feeling to have that I'm doing something for them. I enjoy being a great teammate."

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2011/03/desotos_von_miller_explains_wh.php

2. phuong

phuong Member

It won't happen in a year or two but today, I really feel, is the official beginning of the end of the Buffalo Bills.