Vonleh out

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Rastapopoulos, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Nurk/Davis/Leonard

Swannigan/vonleh/Collins

Aminu/harkless/layman

Those are our "bigs" center, power forward and small forward.

Close but not quite there.
    Mediocre or not. We have what we have. Look above.
    That really isn't too many. It's just that a couple of those players need to better than they are is all.

The problem isn't too many. I'm not in favor of say combineing Davis, Leonard and vonleh for one solid backup center, Or a solid wing player, because we will have zero depth. And it has been proven time and time again in the playoffs, depth in the bigs is crucial.
    Just ask gsw who lost the finals when thier big went down. They then go get depth and win. (Kd didn't hurt) but heir depth absolutely played a Factor in them winning this last season.

I think you are on the right path, but it isn't too many bigs, it's not enough bigs with real talent is he issue.
    But let swannigan and vonleh and Collins and even Leonard get this season going before we assess who should be replaced with better talent?

2. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

Aminu plays better as a PF than as a SF. Unfortunately, Vonleh plays even better (still not that good) at PF than Aminu does.

3. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

I just don't really like seeing Aminu at the PF. Way undersized. He gets manhandled by guys like Griffin,Davis and even LMA to name a few. I also don't like him starting at all. Teams beg him to shoot or dribble drive. When he does they have him locked.

blue9 likes this.
  4. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

I don't like seeing him at either position! And him starting is even worse.

kjironman1 likes this.
  5. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Totally agree. Aminu does have some value. He is a good situational type defender and can have nights when he makes his shots but he is not a starter in this league IMHO.