Exclusive Vote; Who would you sign this summer, Parsons or DeRozen?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Draco, Mar 11, 2016.

?

Which wing?

Poll closed Apr 1, 2016.
  1. Chandler Parsons

57.5%
  2. Demar DeRozan

42.5%
  1. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

I voted Parsons because he's a more accurate shooter, more efficient, and his max deal would be a bit cheaper. His injuries, defense and athleticism are concerns.

DeRozen is a superior defender, more durable, has intense work ethic, an Allstar, and close friends with multiple Blazers. His higher max deal, poor 3pt percentage and iso ball are concerns.

I'd be very excited for either player. They are two of the top free agents. Either has risk and both have negatives in their game so it makes for an interesting question. Both are far superior to the production we're getting from the last few guys in our rotation.

I'd rather overpay on a legit proven starter as these guys are than overpay multiple lesser bench players as some advocate with our own free agents. With all the unused cap space that'll be out there; long term its strategically better to overpay for higher production than save money for inferior talent or hoard cap space. Add one of these guys and we let whoever gets the most overpaid from our free agents walk.

JFizzleRaider and Pinwheel1 like this.
  2. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I believe you are unfairly maligning Parsons' defense. His defensive metrics are superior to Derozan's, and I certainly remember him being a solid defender in Houston. And as mentioned earlier, why is Derozan considered more durable when he actually missed more games last year than Parsons did?

JFizzleRaider likes this.
  3. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

I think when people see "Parsons underwent a "minor hybrid" microfracture operation on his knee".....all they see is the dreaded M word. But it looks like neither are showing any effects from their previous injury.

Draco likes this.
  4. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

Can you blame us?

5. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

Other metrics show DeRozan is superior; defense is difficult to judge. I saw Parsons get burned repeatedly in Houston and Ariza was an upgrade defensively. Parsons has been good at times and certainly isn't a bad defender but I'm not sure how good he would be here. DeRozen has played more games consistently throughout his career and Parsons had a major injury recently. The largest indicator for a future injury is; a recent injury. That's the rational for my opinions. There are certainly multiple debatable factors so that's why its a good question.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  6. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

There is; its the ignore thread button.

I wanted a clear winner and loser in the poll so there's only two options.

My poll might frustrate some of you. In life you often have to pick between what you believe are two equally shitty options. I wish I could vote for neither Trump or Hillary to become President.

7. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

#dameforpres2016

8. rasheedfan2005

rasheedfan2005 Well-Known Member

I have no doubt he'd be better than what we are presented with. Ive never been impressed with Parsons and derozan is basically dame with better fta and less 3pt and less overall awesomeness. I think a guy that can get his own shot is good but are we going to have too many guys that need the ball or can dame make it work like always? I like Plums and Davis at c and im not ready to give up on vonleh yet. Unfortunately as much as I like meyers I think he's the next big to be replaced. Then there is sf. I really like aminu and harkless but I think the would be great back ups and small ball guys. Id like a sf upgrade and a starting pf with vonleh on the bench. I guess that leaves durrant and gasol.

In olshey I trust

9. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    Damn....... That's Canadian Money

10. SharpesTriumph

SharpesTriumph Well-Known Member

Might this be one of the big names Dame is talking about wanting to play in PDX?

11. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

Bumping 2 separate Derozan threads seems like a better idea than replying to one of the threads discussing who Dame might want targeted.