Wade Isn't Better Than Arenas

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by Shapecity, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Nearly everyone in the NBA subculture is breathlessly searching for new superlatives to extol the basketball brilliance of Dwyane Wade, which is understandable to a point.

Wade is an especially talented player. It is equally true that his cause has been aided and abetted by the referees who treat him in the manner of Michael Jordan before he truly has earned it.

This is not a criticism of Wade. This is just the way it is in the NBA. It is the NBA culture.

Wade's maneuvering near the end of Game 5 that led to his game-winning free throws was reminiscent of a youth-league journey, where one player dribbles all around the court with no genuine purpose in mind while being pursued by the opposition's five players.

It was hilarious, and not only because it led to the deciding points but because Wade committed possibly two violations on the play before drawing a sympathy whistle from one of the referees.

There was a possible palming violation and a possible push-off violation. Neither was deemed worthy of a whistle.

You could give the referees the benefit of the doubt in not wanting to decide the outcome of the game, except they ended up deciding the outcome of the game anyway.

As gifted as Wade is -- there is no hating the player here -- this space still prefers Gilbert Arenas to Wade over the long haul of their respective careers.

And it is so obvious. Really, it is not even a difficult call.

This view is no doubt heretic at this time.

Wade has been taking bows on the NBA's brightest stage, while Arenas is coming off an explanation tour that detailed the overzealous nature of Miami's finest.

Arenas is a stand-up person, and there is no reason not to believe his version of the seemingly absurd events. </div>

Source

2. TheFreshPrince

TheFreshPrince JBB JustBBall Member

Where is all this coming from, sure arenas is goin to be great, so is wade. why is everyone acting like wade is the new goat?

3. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

It's pretty safe to say that Wade is better than Gilbert, why so much hate on Dwyane???

4. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting playmaker15:</div><div class="quote_post">It's pretty safe to say that Wade is better than Gilbert, why so much hate on Dwyane???</div>
    How is it safe? If you would've given Arenas Shaq last year, they would've won the title. Arenas is about 2 months older than Wade and is just as explosive offensively, the same on defense. Arenas is quicker and has a better perimeter game. The only reason Arenas doesn't get mentioned as a top 10 player is because he doesn't get the exposure of Wade, LeBron, Carmelo, Kobe, McGrady.

5. TheFreshPrince

Gilbert is amazing but has bad descision making skills imo. he takes too many quick shots and forces things too much, his team has scoring options, he just doesnt get them involved as much as a pg should. he should switch tp the sg position imo. he is another of my favorite players.

6. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheFreshPrince:</div><div class="quote_post">Gilbert is amazing but has bad descision making skills imo. he takes too many quick shots and forces things too much, his team has scoring options, he just doesnt get them involved as much as a pg should. he should switch tp the sg position imo. he is another of my favorite players.</div>

Gilbert has been quoted that he doesn't look to score in the first 8 minutes of the game. I do agree that he doesn't have decision making skills on Wade's level, yet. But he's learning them. Gilbert came into the league with a lot more doubt on him than Wade did. Last year was Gilbert's first year of being a team captain, and he knew he wasn't ready. He's a shy guy. Normally the only things he does in the offseason is work on his game, bowl, and play halo. He doesn't normally go out. He's a very keep to himself kind of guy. He does open up on the court though and is becoming that vocal leader the Wizards need.

7. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Damn Wade getting a lot of hate for no reason. I’m waiting for the article saying “Wade Isn’t Better Than Paul Pierce” to come out because it seems like every city is coming out with an article saying that Wade is not better than their star player. To me I got Wade in my top three in the league right now.

8. 02civic

02civic JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

I love reading about how the refs treat Wade
    <font color="blue">Why bring the Lakers into this conversation? Leave them out of it.

-TBM</font>

9. VinsanityVC15

VinsanityVC15 JBB JustBBall Member

Wow gilbert does get his rep..dwayne led the heat not shaq so why is he getting crap.

10. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

Gilbert should only get better, but so will Wade, they both will walk out of the NBA will very succesful careers behind them.

11. LBJ2006MVP

LBJ2006MVP JBB JustBBall Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] as much as I like wade i would pick arenas to form my franchise around he brings it everyday. Courage,respect and gets people involved, makes people better around him. Ex:Look at Jamison he couldn't get a shot off in Dallas he came to Wiz arenas made him a star same case is Butler. So please stop comparing a player that were drafted 3rd to a player from 2nd round. Btw can Wade shoot a 3 from half court?[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting LBJ2006MVP:</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] as much as I like wade i would pick arenas to form my franchise around he brings it everyday. Courage,respect and gets people involved, makes people better around him. Ex:Look at Jamison he couldn't get a shot off in Dallas he came to Wiz arenas made him a star same case is Butler. So please stop comparing a player that were drafted 3rd to a player from 2nd round. Btw can Wade shoot a 3 from half court?[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]</div>
    What does draft position have to do with whether you can compare two players or not. If there close in talent, and their games are similar why can?t you compare them? Because of the number in which they where selected in a draft? I would take Wade over Arenas ten times out of ten. You mention all these things that Arenas does/has ?courage, respect, and gets people involved?, but Wade has all of that as well. Your point about Jamison is null and void he won the sixth man of the year with the Mavericks so I don?t see your point. He was already an established scorer before coming to Washington in both Dallas and Golden State. Butler struggled, statistically in his one season with the Lakers, but he too was an established scorer before coming to Washington. Sure Arenas helps them out, but you act like these guys are scrubs that Arenas all of a sudden turned into scorers.

13. TheFreshPrince

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting LBJ2006MVP:</div><div class="quote_post">Btw can Wade shoot a 3 from half court?[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]</div>

yeah............... what the hell is your point here? heck i can shoot a three from full court, does that make me better than wade?

14. ChicagoSportsFan

ChicagoSportsFan JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

Gilbert is nice but wade crushes spirits and hopes of his foes. If you would build around Gil instead of wade your incredibly bias.

15. LBJ2006MVP

LBJ2006MVP JBB JustBBall Member

lOl i would love to see that hahahahhaha...... I ment that no one expected that arenas is going to be that grate eventhough he was picked 40 in 2nd round i think. This proves that people thought that arenas would be another scrub just to fill up roster space. He proved everybody wrong by showing true skillzzz...Wade is different story he was expected to be a star so thats why he was picked 3rd.Go back to the last Wiz vs Cavs game arenas doesn't have shaq so he gets triple teamed all the time and still hits those crazy shots. Wade on the other hand get doubled sometimes cuz most of the D was made to stop shaq. Think again before replying.

16. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting LBJ2006MVP:</div><div class="quote_post"> Think again before replying.</div>
    You didn't really answer any of the points posted above in your reply. You just stated the same thing again. So who needs to think again before replying?

17. NYCfinest123

NYCfinest123 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting playmaker15:</div><div class="quote_post">It's pretty safe to say that Wade is better than Gilbert, why so much hate on Dwyane???</div>
    wade is mad nice i think hes more explosive in driving to the basket, he gets a lot of and1's just like lebron but on the other hand gilbert is explosive too but takes more jumpshots cause his jumpers are cash point blank yall seen that shot he made against the cavs, it was a swoosh to tie it, but WHO CARES WHO'S BETTER THE THING IS PLAYERS LIKE DWYANE/GILBERT/LEBRON/KOBE THEY ALL GIVE US ENTERTAINMENT, THEY GIVE US SOMETHING TO WATCH, something that we say oh man let me try to do that move in the playgrounds, i respect everyone that's playing in the league. why hate why compare, their games are different all those players are nice man let them go their own ways and congrats to d-wade on getting that finals mvp

18. AIRTIGHT

AIRTIGHT JBB JustBBall Member

The Black Mamba:
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">How is it safe? If you would've given Arenas Shaq last year, they would've won the title</div>

hahaha..... whatever helps yall sleep at night. Damn give it up

19. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

If Gilbert is better than Wade, than AI is better than both of them.

20. TheFreshPrince

lbj, you havent answered anything yet, and wade was picked 5th