Wade Wilson

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by Cowboy71, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

I was reading about Fox's DVOA rankings http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6242424 and I read this little blip about Wade Wilson that I had never really put together.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I'm sure he's a nice fellow, but is it possibly time to question Wade Wilson's qualifications as a quarterback coach? In three years in Chicago, he's had bad middle-aged quarterbacks (Jonathan Quinn), bad young quarterbacks (Craig Krenzel, Kyle Orton), and imploding young quarterbacks (Rex Grossman). He was also quarterbacks coach in Dallas from 2000-2002, where he mentored (so to say) Ryan Leaf, Quincy Carter, Anthony Wright, Clint Stoerner, and Chad Hutchinson.</div>
    He has nothing on his resume to say that he is a very good QB coach. However, its hard to tell whether he is an average coach with bad players or a bad coach with average-to-bad players. Either way, it doesn't look good on a resume.

2. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

With a resume like that, I'm sure there is a job currently @ the Univ of Pittsburgh for WW.

3. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cowboy71)</div><div class='quotemain'>I was reading about Fox's DVOA rankings http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6242424 and I read this little blip about Wade Wilson that I had never really put together.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I'm sure he's a nice fellow, but is it possibly time to question Wade Wilson's qualifications as a quarterback coach? In three years in Chicago, he's had bad middle-aged quarterbacks (Jonathan Quinn), bad young quarterbacks (Craig Krenzel, Kyle Orton), and imploding young quarterbacks (Rex Grossman). He was also quarterbacks coach in Dallas from 2000-2002, where he mentored (so to say) Ryan Leaf, Quincy Carter, Anthony Wright, Clint Stoerner, and Chad Hutchinson.</div>
    He has nothing on his resume to say that he is a very good QB coach. However, its hard to tell whether he is an average coach with bad players or a bad coach with average-to-bad players. Either way, it doesn't look good on a resume.</div>
    He could place a call to UCF and find out how to make his resume good enough for notre dame.