Wanted, but Benzema staying put

Discussion in 'Europe' started by CelticKing, Dec 13, 2007.

1. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Wanted, but Benzema staying put until Lyon conquer Europe</p>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'></p>

PARIS (AFP) - Lyon striker Karim Benzema insisted Thursday he will only be tempted by a big-money move to another major club once the French champions finally conquer Europe.

Benzema is currently the French league's top scorer and sealed Lyon's ticket to the last 16 of the Champions League by scoring a brace in the 3-0 away win at Rangers on Wednesday.

The 19-year-old's debut for Lyon's first team this season has alerted some of Europe's top clubs, with AC Milan, Inter and Real Madrid said to be following his progress closely and ready to pay 30 million euros for his services according to Italian media reports.

However Benzema told RTL radio Thursday: "I have a contract with Lyon until 2012, and I've always told the president (Jean-Michel Aulas) I will stay with the club at least until we win the Champions League."

Lyon qualified for the last 16 knockout phase for the fifth consecutive year on Wednesday, although it took Benzema's double - and a scoreless performance from Rangers, who beat Lyon 3-0 in the first leg - to seal their passage.

Even before his commanding attacking performance Benzema had made sure he will appear on some clubs' wish list for Christmas.

But he added: "There are still a lot of things I want to achieve at Lyon. Afterwards, we'll see."</div></p>

2. Art_gunner4life

Art_gunner4life DYC Arsenal Fan

If Real and Chelsea go after him,I see no point in any other team trying to get him, they got unlimited funds, especially the chelskirentboys.</p>

3. CelticKing

I have a feeling he'll end up either in Italy or Germany.</p>

4. DDRickyDD

DDRickyDD SportsTwo Member.

Student
    "he will only be tempted by a big-money move to another major club once the French champions finally conquer Europe."</p>

He's staying for life.</p>

5. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Art_Gunner4life)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

If Real and Chelsea go after him,I see no point in any other team trying to get him, they got unlimited funds, especially the chelskirentboys.</p>

</div></p>

yeh but if he has half a brain he wom't go chelski. I'd have thought Arsenal ould go for him with him being young AND French:D</p>

</p>

6. CelticKing

He's Algerian Max. (but born in france)</p>

lol</p>

7. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    The kid already makes big money. He's currently the highest paid player in Ligue 1 cranking in around 400,000 € per month. That's the reason he's not as tempted as any other player would be to make a move to a bigger club. He has loyalty to Olympique Lyonnais, but time tells he will likely ship out in 2 or 3 years to Italy.

8. CelticKing

You're right M21, there will always be a team that will double the money and try and get him. I agree in 2 or 3 years he'll end up moving to the "big" leagues.

9. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Well, technically in five years or so the French league will have more money then every league except the Prem, La Liga and Serie A and eventually will pass those as well. This is due to their lucrative television rights deal signed last year that no other league in the World has. Only way is up from here for Ligue 1. Not the best quality at the moment, but in due time. Same with the Swiss Axpo League, remember?

BTW, Vaduz headin' on up!

10. man_u_barmy_army

man_u_barmy_army DYC Legend +Young Prodigy

wow so they could improve massivly and england might get tradition back good deal

11. CelticKing

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (M Two One @ Apr 28 2008, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Well, technically in five years or so the French league will have more money then every league except the Prem, La Liga and Serie A and eventually will pass those as well. This is due to their lucrative television rights deal signed last year that no other league in the World has. Only way is up from here for Ligue 1. Not the best quality at the moment, but in due time. Same with the Swiss Axpo League, remember?

BTW, Vaduz headin' on up!</div>

Yeah thats why I put big in "big" leagues. lol

Too bad we don't get any games from the Ligue 1 on Fox Soccer and Gol Tv. (not sure about setanta)

GO VADUZ!!!! [​IMG]

12. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Ligue 1 is now on Setanta actually. I just watched Monaco v Marseille yesterday. [​IMG]

13. CelticKing

Damn, too bad Comcast doesn't have it. Did Cana play? If so, what did you think of him? Supposed to be the captain I believe, and Real is looking to sign him. (or they say they're interested in him)

14. man_u_barmy_army

he is decent i saw him i can see the highlights on chanell 5 (in england) at 3am but i usually tape them

15. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Better late then never ..

@ CK - Cana did play and he is pretty good. I don't think Real Madrid will sign him though. I believe Cana also made a statement that if Kosovo is accepted into UEFA soon, he, along with dozens of other Albanian players, will switch over to Kosovo.

@ Man U - Benzema is considered one of the top three most coveted young players in the world, he's much more then decent. His amazing touch is currently only outmatched by Mr. Ronaldo. Of course, I don't mean Ronaldo Gordo. lol

@ Both - I'd get used to Benzema. He's likely to be signed by Manchester United in two or three seasons as reported by Setanta. It is all likely he will either go to Man U, Bar?a, Juventus, Milan or Inter in the end. I bet on the Red Devils or the Old Lady to be honest. Sir Alex Ferguson believes he will be the best natural striker in the World at his peak.

16. CelticKing

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (M Two One @ May 19 2008, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Better late then never ..

@ CK - Cana did play and he is pretty good. I don't think Real Madrid will sign him though. I believe Cana also made a statement that if Kosovo is accepted into UEFA soon, he, along with dozens of other Albanian players, will switch over to Kosovo.</div>

Yeah, hopefully as soon as they're accepted into UEFA and FIFA. Taking time getting the recognitions. lol

About Cana, he's mostly known for his defense, I actually think he might end up in Italy, where they're known for that kind of play.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (M Two One @ May 19 2008, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>@ Both - I'd get used to Benzema. He's likely to be signed by Manchester United in two or three seasons as reported by Setanta. It is all likely he will either go to Man U, Bar�a, Juventus, Milan or Inter in the end. I bet on the Red Devils or the Old Lady to be honest. Sir Alex Ferguson believes he will be the best natural striker in the World at his peak.</div>

I too think he'll end up at Man U, in 2 or 3 years. Imagine him and Ronaldo destroying other team defenses. [​IMG]

17. man_u_barmy_army

yea cana going to albaina might happen but to be honest the money will be a turn off and i can see benzema comming like you two but not at the moment as rooney and tevez are good and benzema should not be back-up

18. Mixx

Mixx JBB JustBBall Member

Construction
  19. CelticKing

Is he going to play for Bosnia?

20. Mixx

Mixx JBB JustBBall Member

Construction
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticKing @ May 29 2008, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Is he going to play for Bosnia?</div>

Yes. He lived in Luxenburg and played for their U-17 team and in the game versus Belgium the game was a draw 5-5 but he scored 4 goals. So Luxenburg want him to play for there NT he said no because he's not from Luxenburg so France saw him play for FC Metz and were really impressed so they right to get him but he also said no and he waited 8 months to get his Bosnian passport be lost his previous passport so he had to wait 8 months and he got it in April and he is happy that he will play for Bosnia, which makes me happy that he won't pull a Zlatan Ibrahimovic [​IMG]