Warrick says he's going #9.

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by upsidedownside7, Jun 16, 2005.

1. bbwTwinTowers

bbwTwinTowers BBW Member

I would not do it if I were the GS Warriors, dont get me wrong Warrick is a great player but going number 9 is to high for him the Warriors are better off hoping for Granger or Vasquez to be on the board when there pick comes around.

2. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TwinTowers:</div><div class="quote_post">I would not do it if I were the GS Warriors, dont get me wrong Warrick is a great player but going number 9 is to high for him the Warriors are better off hoping for Granger or Vasquez to be on the board when there pick comes around.</div>
    Thank you! [​IMG]

3. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">Thank you! [​IMG]</div>
    ditto.

4. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

The W's have some range,options in who could be the guy they want,whether they aim to get a cartain role or type,or are thinking BAP. I figure Granger,Diogu,Frye and Warrick are on the short list. I can't guess about what insider info they might have on an import. There's no news yet of us working out Bynum or Blatche. Frye's project to establish that he can have the muscle to play C is said to be going well,well enough that he's the logical Knicks pick at 8. The Knicks need a long C,not a BAP who can get stuck behind big contract types a PF.

IF the W's were to do a pre-draft deal,Dunleavey would be our guy with market value,and a current contract not hard to swallow. White and Cheaney don't figure big in next years plans,opening up the roster spots would be why they could be packaged. Fish has a contract that appears to be a bit high now-and will become a burden as his skills fade with age. We overpaid Adonal by default-there really were few affordable-available options and SOME defensive C presence is needed. Foyle is here at least until he is effectively replaced.

I see as POSSIBLE a deal,or combination of deals that can get us a second rd 1,anywhere from #12 to a very late 1. This draft is starting to make sense,the imposters have been exposed,mostly,and some others who had be way underrated are now getting respect. Still there are some nice values from mid-first through late 2nd,and I expect several undrafteds will make rosters and one or two will be a big sleeper,a Haslem,Brad Miller type steal.

5. Map1986

Map1986 JBB JustBBall Member

don't forget that if a good pg is still on the board(felton for example)mully will go for himbecause they are BPA and use the two seconds on bigs to develope...

6. Custodianrules2

If we picked Raymond Felton (assuming he is left on the board), we might as well dump Fisher to the Lakers at a bargain value and grab one of their small forwards. Not sure if the Lakers would take on that contract of Fisher's, but he knows triangle offense. Plus, I think Pietrus can be fearless enough to hit the clutch shots on a catch and shoot although he might never be as good as Fisher's catch and shoot.

7. Map1986

Map1986 JBB JustBBall Member

well more of the draft could have panned out

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Just a rumor I heard. Portland has given Martynas an indication that they would take him at 13 if he was still available. That means that there is a potential trade in the works. I heard its 5 and 13 for 3, Victor Khyrapa and Ruben Patterson. Charlotte would take Chris Paul, have a young player in Khyrapa. Portland would still probably get their player, Gerald Green, at 5 and have Martynas at 13. Lets also remember that they have a crown jewel of a player in Russia in Sergei Monya who will be coming over next year. Monya and Green could mesh very well with Telfair and Martynas, with his outside game, could eventually be around to space the floor like Sabonis used to for Portland. Its something I heard, I actually have bought into this rumor.</div>

that is from alucas on realgm, he is a former scout, and it seems like it could definatley happen...

8. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Map1986:</div><div class="quote_post">well more of the draft could have panned out

that is from alucas on realgm, he is a former scout, and it seems like it could definatley happen...</div>
    Interesting...

There's a rumor about Orlando trying to get Deron Williams for a package of Jameer Nelson, Hedo Turkoglu, and Deshawn Stevenson, but that's not really impressive considering Nelson probably has less upside than what could be gotten at the 4th pick. Plus Turkoglu is a fringe starter with a long contract.