Warriors claim Ish Smith on waivers

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Run BJM, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/12/16/SPNU1MDC7F.DTL

I like this pick up. He made some noise as a UDFA in Houston his rookie season, never caught on in Memphis. Hes undersized but very athletic, has a fantastic handle and good court vision. One of those guys who calmly gets into the lane with his excellent handles and probes around down there a la Nash. Shooting and efficiency are his weaknesses at this point. Two key areas for a PG IMO but hes still just 23 and those are two skills that can be improved upon. The talent is there as far as athletic ability, handles, and vision. Hopefully a new system and Marc Jackson will help him shore up his overall PG skills.

Hes no world beater at this point but I just can't put all of my faith in a rookie combo guard to backup Curry. I'm not down on Jenkins, just being realistic. Now he'll have competition and with Jenkins and Smith being very different players we have a few different looks we can use when Curry is out. Also may free up more time for Jenkins at the 2 which could end up being his true position.

2. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    That's the kind of off-season this ended up being. Liking this pickup.... this shouldn't even be a guy we think twice about. Cohan...err Lacob promised us a big splash and a playoff birth, and we talk about McGuire, Smith, Kwame Brown....it's horrible...simply horrible