Warriors Fans Roll Call!

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Rudeezy, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting jayserinos99:</div><div class="quote_post">I have to say, this gsw forum is pretty busy, much more so than other sites.</div>

Yeah we are a bunch of post whores.

2. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Well you guys have been made sixth men in like what a day or something? It took me two weeks. Anyway, I'm out. I think the more fans we have in here, the greater occurence of posters with late night schedules such as yours will come about. And hopefully they'll be as good as fans as you fellas. [​IMG]

3. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">Well you guys have been made sixth men in like what a day or something? It took me two weeks. Anyway, I'm out. I think the more fans we have in here, the greater occurence of posters with late night schedules such as yours will come about. And hopefully they'll be as good as fans as you fellas. [​IMG]</div>

Get some :sleep:

4. S_L

S_L JBB JustBBall Member

Hello Warriors fans!
    Nice to meet you!
    I'm Warriors fan since I came to US in 1995.
    I do not have any favorite player, this days I'm really excited with Speedy and Brian. They play great after obtaining positions in start!!!!
    I also expect Troy to be back to starting some day, may be, next year. He is good, lots of respect!!

5. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting S_L:</div><div class="quote_post">Hello Warriors fans!
    Nice to meet you!
    I'm Warriors fan since I came to US in 1995.
    I do not have any favorite player, this days I'm really excited with Speedy and Brian. They play great after obtaining positions in start!!!!
    I also expect Troy to be back to starting some day, may be, next year. He is good, lots of respect!!</div>Welcome! I hope you stick around and enter into the Warrior discussions. How did you hear about JBB?

6. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

How long have you been a Warriors fan?
    Since 1998 i think. It was the lockout year and the Warriors just drafted Jamison, and traded Sprewell for Starks, Mills, and Cummings...oh gawd what a bad trade

Who is your current favorite Warriors player(s)?
    I like all the players and root for all of them and hope for the best. However there are players that i like more than some others. These players include; JRich(since i didn't give up on him last year and a lot of other fans did), Speedy Claxton(since i loved Speedy even at the beginning of the year when people were complaining about signing him and not resigning Boykins), Pietrus(since a lot of people are still skeptical of his game and potential. I will still say he'll be as good near Carmelo's level, yet with more of a Shawn Marion game), and i also like Murphy.

Who is your all-time favorite Warriors player(s)?
    Vonteego, Mookie, Mugsey, Bimbo, Speedy, Adonal, Donyell, Antawn(at least the spelling) and i have a feeling i am forgetting some other names. Actually i don't have a favorite player of all time, but those are some good names. Or wait i think Tim Young was my favorite Warrior; or Sam Jacobsen.

Predictions for this season?
    At the beginning i thought 35 wins would be a good goal and prediction. Which is the same prediction i had the previous year.

7. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Warriorfansnc93:</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah we are a bunch of post whores.</div>

post padding* whores

I just agreed with the guy, and speaking of old, why don't you help these guys with that.

8. cburson

cburson JBB JustBBall Member

:bigthumbu

9. cburson

What's up everybody, been reading the posts for several weeks now and just got signed up. I live in Columbus, Ohio and have been a Warriors fan since 1990. My favorite all time Warrior player is Timmy Hardaway. My current favorite is J-Rich. I went to the cavs game on Saturday night, My girl and I were the only 2 warrior fans in the arena, I thought I was gonna get jumped...ha ha. Just wanted to say whats up and let you know there are Warrior fans out here in the East.

10. Rudeezy

Welcome cburson. I'm glad you joined. So how did you hear of JBB?

Thats awesome that you were the only Warriors fans there. I would have loved to have been there...watching the Cavs playoff hopes dwindle away.haha

Let me know if you have any questions.[​IMG]

11. cburson

Thanks Rudeezy, Im glad to be here. I heard about JBB on the Warriors forum of Bayarea.com, I found this forum to be a little more active than that one plus there are too many people arguing back and forth over there. Being a Warriors fan in Ohio has not always been easy, I have been a fan since 1990 and the internet was not even on the radar back then so I had to stay up past 1 in the morning to see the W's score. I did not have ESPN back then either so all I got was the score, no highlights or anything, then I would read the box score in the paper the next day during school. Thank god for the internet and the NBA league pass is all I have to say. ha ha

12. Rudeezy

Thats awesome. You must be a real die hard like me. haha

13. jayserinos99

jayserinos99 JBB JustBBall Member

welcome cburson!

14. wtwalker77

wtwalker77 JBB JustBBall Member

Rudeezy,

Where do you guys get the signature pictures, like yours with the Gangsta Robinson?

15. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting wtwalker77:</div><div class="quote_post">Rudeezy,

Where do you guys get the signature pictures, like yours with the Gangsta Robinson?</div>Just request one from the Designers.

Go to the "members union" and make a request there. Or PM me and I will hook you up.[​IMG]

16. wtwalker77

Cool, thanks Rudeezy.

17. wtwalker77

By the way:

How long have you been a Warriors fan? I'm a huge Iowa Hawkeye fan, so I started following the Warriors when B.J. Armstrong joined 'em.

Who is your current favorite Warriors player(s)? Toss up between Murphy and Dunleavy

Who is your all-time favorite Warriors player(s)? I dunno, I don't think I have one. If I lived on the West coast and could have followed them more closely when I was growing up, it probably would have been Mullin (geez, I don't know how we ever got along without the internet, I remember watching sportcenter constantly though...)

Predictions for this season? My guess is that they'll probably win about 37 or so, though that's only because I think NVE's injuries are worse than the team is letting on, Murphy's foot/ankle problems will stay with him most of the year, and they'll probably have a few more key injuries...what's that...you can see what date this was posted...oh...okay...

Actually I had them winnig 43 games and challenging for a playoff spot. I thought NVE would provide all the clutch scoring they lost when Arenas left and, since the Warriors were only 4-16 against them, I thought all the improvements the big 5 teams had made wouldn't hurt the Warriors as much as it would hurt Phoenix, Seattle, Portland, and Houston.

All in all, I think I was fairly close on a lot of my predictions. I was totally wrong about NVE though. And even if he comes back to full strength I don't see him as anything more than a third guard next year.

Actually, since the season is over, I might as well give my prediction for next season:

1. A much healthier team
    2. Murphy takes back his starting role (though Robinson might move primariliy to center) and gets 16 and 13 a night
    3. Richardson gets 21/6/3 a night and makes the all star team because the Warriors will finally have a good enough record at the break that the coaches can recognize Richardson for putting up legit numbers on a legit team.
    4. Win total: 45 if Damp stays, 41 if he doesn't.
    5. Warriors get the 8th seed in the playoffs and the honor of getting their brains beaten in by either a very good San Antonio or Minnesota team.

18. anodize

anodize JBB JustBBall Member

[How long have you been a Warriors fan? 11 years

Who is your current favorite Warriors player(s)?
    Mickael Pietrus

Who is your all-time favorite Warriors player(s)?
    The Killer Cross over! Timmy Hardaway! forgot to mention.. his three's

Predictions for this season?
    9 seed ( with the same group)
    7 seed ( if blockbuster trade)

19. mullin17

mullin17 JBB JustBBall Member

How long have you been a Warriors fan? since 89...

Who is your current favorite Warriors player(s)? Adonal Foyal,

Who is your all-time favorite Warriors player(s)? Mullin, Sprewell

Predictions for this season? too early to predict anything I don't know who's staying or going.

----------------------------------------------------

20. Duckmyster

Duckmyster JBB JustBBall Member

Hi everybody I been a Warriors fan since the Run TMC era.

living in Long Beach CA

Favorite Warrior Chris Mullin (named my son after him)

current favorite Warrior J-Rich