Warriors Fans Roll Call!

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Rudeezy, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting BradB3030:</div><div class="quote_post">Location: Montana

My start: I actually got Warriors and SF Giants games on 680 KNBR clear up on Montana when they were broadcast late at night. </div>

Thats awesome!

2. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

Well, I'm starting to like the Warriors, and I like posting in this forum since it's the most active, and has the most intelligent posters.

How long have you been a Warriors fan? A few days.

Who is your current favorite Warriors player(s)? Esch (Haha, just joking) Andris Biedrins

Who is your all-time favorite Warriors player(s)? Tim Hardaway, Brian Cardinal, Earl Boykins

Predictions for this season? 39-43, 10th seed.

3. chuck.be

chuck.be JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bobcats:</div><div class="quote_post">Well, I'm starting to like the Warriors, and I like posting in this forum since it's the most active, and has the most intelligent posters.
    </div>

I used to read espn boards and I can tell u that when I found this forum I was relieved [​IMG] , because I started to think that all US citizens were morons [​IMG] I like the discussions here. However, I can not contibute much because here in Europe it's virtually impossible to watch more than 2 Warrior games a year :thumbsdow

4. wtwalker77

wtwalker77 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting chuck.be:</div><div class="quote_post">I used to read espn boards and I can tell u that when I found this forum I was relieved [​IMG] , because I started to think that all US citizens were morons [​IMG] I like the discussions here. However, I can not contibute much because here in Europe it's virtually impossible to watch more than 2 Warrior games a year :thumbsdow</div>
    Alright! I fooled someone into thinking I'm not a moron!

I am so smart, I am so smart. S-M-R-T, I mean S-M-A-R-T...

Seriously though, I love talking hoops with fans all over the world, so feel free to post anything that's on your mind.

As for not being able to watch Warrior games in Europe, is it because they aren't very good, because Pietrus was the first European player they had, or because they just don't broadcast many NBA games?

By the way, if you ever need your Warriors fix and they aren't on tv, you can listen to the local radio broadcast on www.knbr.com.

5. chuck.be

chuck.be JBB JustBBall Member

On normal televison we have 0 NBA games a year (I hope that will change now that soon-to-be Belgian M'Benga signed for Dallas). Personally I have pay televison and this channel broadcasts 2 games a week, but we mostly get to see Kings, Nets, Mavs, Lakers or Spurs and then in playoff time they broadcast 4 games a week from all teams, but most Warriors are probably somewehere at the Caribbean by then [​IMG]
    The number of Europeans on a team do not matter. We do not consider ourselves as European citizens yet. Al these croatian and serbian guys are as much foreigners for us as Americans are. Perhaps even more...

6. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Hey just wanted to welcome all the new members, readers, and visitors, coming in this month on behalf of the moderators and veteran members of this forum. Thanks especially to the ones that have been helping keep this forum one of the most active, mature, high-quality discussion forums on the internet. I think we've got a great group of visitors and contributors here. Other peeps have private messaged me good things about this forum which is always a good sign [​IMG]

Good job everyone!

7. D-Fish Fan 2004

D-Fish Fan 2004 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">Wow, a bandwagon Warriors fan.[​IMG]

Welcome aboard.[​IMG]</div>

Thanks for the welcome. I'm a quick study and will be HARDCORE before you know it! [​IMG]

8. Custodianrules2

Awesome! Welcome!

9. spliff

spliff JBB JustBBall Member

At long last I realize my sick devotion to hoops is widespread. Fantastic site with many knowledgeable posters.

Warriors fan since the mid-70s.

Current favorite player: jRich

All-time favorite player: Toss up between Phil Smith and Jamal Wilkes

Prediction for this year: 39-43, just miss playoffs [​IMG]

10. wtwalker77

wtwalker77 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Spliff:</div><div class="quote_post">At long last I realize my sick devotion to hoops is widespread. Fantastic site with many knowledgeable posters.</div>
    "Sick devotion" I've got skin flakes of Adonal Foyle I keep in a jar or the weird kind of sick devotion? :mrgreen:

Welcome aboard Spliff, it's great to have a veteran Warriors fan in here. I'm looking forward to reading your take on the Warriors.

11. mStuck

mStuck JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting wtwalker77:</div><div class="quote_post">I am so smart, I am so smart. S-M-R-T, I mean S-M-A-R-T...</div>

OH man, a Simpsons reference. I entirely endorse anything related to this show. Also, welcome to everyone that keeps piling into the warriors forum. At this rate we could have a JustBBall night at the arena and fill every seat. :mrgreen:

12. Custodianrules2

lol, welcome Spliff [​IMG]

13. Warriors Redux

Warriors Redux JBB JustBBall Member

How long have you been a Warriors fan? I've been a Warriors fan since 1988, when I moved to the Bay Area. I use to follow Moses Malone and became a fan of the team he played for. I saw his first game as a pro with the Utah Stars...

Who is your current favorite Warriors player(s)? Mike Dunleavy Jr.

Who is your all-time favorite Warriors player(s)? Tim Hardaway

Predictions for this season? I'm the eternal optomist... 44-38

How did you hear of JBB? Made the jump when ESPN changed there format. I use to post on AOL message boards as NuWarriors but my son went trolling without switching screen names. grrrrrrr So then I became Warriors Redux

14. Custodianrules2

15. jbbJRich23

jbbJRich23 JBB JustBBall Member

How long have you been a Warriors fan?
    Since I started liking basketball. Around 6 years ago.
    Who is your current favorite Warriors player(s)?
    Jason Richardson
    Who is your all-time favorite Warriors player(s)?
    Latrell Spreewell
    Predictions for this season?
    Though we have improved the team I still think we're in the lottery. I would love to be optimistic but we need a superstar. JRich maybe?
    How did you hear of JBB?
    Emo told me about it. I know him from a baseball board.

16. Custodianrules2

Hey welcome Jrich23 [​IMG]

17. NOCAN

NOCAN JBB JustBBall Member

How Long..: about 8 years now, ever since I got to college.

Current fave: Murphy. I love his work ethic.

All time fave: Spree

Prediction: 38 wins

How did I hear: I believe someone told me about it on the other bball board I post at.

18. Custodianrules2

Haha I know which one NOCAN [​IMG] I read almost every warriors forum on the net and post if I have time. Good of you to drop by.

19. superder81

superder81 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">All Warrior fans are welcomed to leave a little information about themselves no matter where you are from.[​IMG]</div>

Thanks man. [​IMG]

Sup yall, I'm super D, here to save the season! hehe.

How long have you been a Warriors fan?

Well, can I say I've been a fan before I was even a twinkle in my father's eye? My grandfather was (and is-RIP) a die-hard, and enjoyed games in Oakland during the last championship season in '75. The rest of the fam sadly jumped ship once the Kings came to town (I'm from the Central Valley), but I'm keeping the Golden State bloodlines intact. I'm 23 going on 24 now.

Who is your current favorite Warriors player(s)?

Adonal

Who is your all-time favorite Warriors player(s)?

Mitch Richmond, Tim Hardaway, and Sarunas

Predictions for this season?

They get through Coach Montgomery's learning curve, make a furious run the second half of the season, and get 7th seed. Have a very small chance at getting an upset in the first round.

How did you hear of JBB?

I found out about Justbball from someone posting about it on another, more negative Warriors (though I can't blame em) message board. I like to balance it out with the positivity over here.

Peace, everyone. And thanks Custodianrules2 for pointing me over here, because I'm bad with introductions, the same way Hiroshima got it. [​IMG]

20. Custodianrules2

Welcome [​IMG] Good to have you here. I hope the warriors can get their teamwork down but it's hard to stay positive when they've placed a new coach at the helm and he doesn't have the players that he likes. Hopefully both the players and the system can adapt to one another.