Warriors Getting Baron Davis!!!!!

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by oaktank88, Feb 23, 2005.

1. oaktank88

oaktank88 JBB JustBBall Member

Its on ESPN.com right now, but the only confirmed trading piece from us is Davis, but i'd assume we also give up claxton, pietrus, and some picks

2. Da_Future_2k5

Da_Future_2k5 JBB Banned Member

hahahaha we posted at the same time

3. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Gah, tisk tisk tisk [​IMG] Lakers couldn't seal the deal...blah, Why would Baron try here when GS isn't that much better than New Orleans

4. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

^^So he could be in his home state, read the article.

5. Mamba

Yea, I know he wants to play in CA, but wow..for the Warriors? Out of the 4 California teams, they are arguably the worst. I am not saying he won't help them, but I would be surprised if he turned them around into a playoff team.

6. hipokrat_x(LV)

hipokrat_x(LV) JBB JustBBall Member

I must admit that I have not seen a lot of B.Davis... is it worth it give up Claxton and Pietrus for him?

7. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

If that trade goes down I'd be happy [​IMG] Baron Davis, despite his shoot first, pass second mentality, his injuries, his inability to stay in shape, he is one of the league's best point guards and playmakers. And he's got size for his position. Thanks for the update Oaktank and DaFuture. If the deal was authentic we'd be finally getting an allstar instead of giving up one.

8. Mamba

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting hipokrat_x(LV):</div><div class="quote_post">I must admit that I have not seen a lot of B.Davis... is it worth it give up Claxton and Pietrus for him?</div>

Def. worth it if he can stay healthy. When healthy, B. Diddy is a top 5 pg in the league...but that isn't often, I wonder if GS is where he wanted to come out of all the CA teams...

(if you couldn't tell, a bit of jealousy on the part of a Laker fan)

9. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

I'm only really worried about his injuries. But its not a done deal yet either.

Who else do you think hte warriors will have to give up?
    I'm thinking Pietrus since he looks like the odd man out.

10. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kobe 8 Ball:</div><div class="quote_post">Def. worth it if he can stay healthy. When healthy, B. Diddy is a top 5 pg in the league...but that isn't often, I wonder if GS is where he wanted to come out of all the CA teams...

(if you couldn't tell, a bit of jealousy on the part of a Laker fan)</div>Yea, its quite obvious.[​IMG]

I'll take the risk with the injuries to have a superstar here in Oakland.

11. hipokrat_x(LV)

hipokrat_x(LV) JBB JustBBall Member

Look at the bright side - if Davis will be injured then Montgomery will have to play Flores.

12. Custodianrules2

Dunleavy has to be on the move maybe. If they play him at the 4 his value is the highest. Maybe Pietrus as well?

I was thinking Claxton + Dale Davis, but they're going to want somebody else most likely. Also a first rounder?

13. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

^I'd hate to give up a first rounder. But they never pick a superstar though, so I guess its worth it. THe closest one was Arenas and he was a 2nd rounder.

14. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

Is Pietrus injured today? If not, he hasn't played single min for some reason. Maybe, he will be gone...

15. Custodianrules2

It would make sense, Pietrus was only there just in case Richardson didn't re-sign. Maybe Zarko is gone too. He's not in the game, but Cheaney was. I thought Zarko would be first in the roster depth over "the Towel".

16. GSWScruff

GSWScruff JBB JustBBall Member

Steven A. Smith mentioned that the Hornets had talked with the W's but that the deal had not gone through, so it still could be up in the air. [​IMG]

This sure is exciting in the meantime, though. Davis is certainly an impact player!

If we only recieve Davis in exchange and not a lot of other NO garbage tag-alongs, there aren't too many "bad" deals that we could pull off, which is somewhat relieving.

<font size="7">**KNOCK ON WOOD**</font>

17. Custodianrules2

Steven A. Smith said that Baron Davis would not be on the move.
    Wasn't Steven A. Smith the analyst last year who said the Orlando Magic were going to make the playoffs last season? All I know is last year when I heard him say that in that loud, steadfast tone of his, I nearly laughed my way into a serious rib injury and it took me 5 minutes just to calm down. So the Bdiddy transaction might have a good chance of going through, actually... And if it does, you guys will probably become incredulous to whatever he says from then on until he finally gets a prediction or a rumor right. He's betting on something safe, though. So I'll give him the odds that he's right.

18. jbbCourtVision

jbbCourtVision JBB JustBBall Member

That would be quite the lineup with Baron, JRich, Dunleavy, Murphy and Foyle (okay maybe not Foyle). But this trade is just a rumour until it is done. I heard that not only is Davis going to be included but future draft prospects as well.

IF Baron can stay healthy, I do believe that this move will help them make the elusive playoffs next year. If not, then they will still be one of the more exciting teams to watch in the NBA. Cross your fingers GState fans, either way if this goes down it will change your basketball team for the better.

19. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

There are 3 possible scenarios from what I've read, they all include Davis.
    1. Davis with Speedy
    2. Davis with Dunleavy
    3. Davis with 2005 Draft Pick

Landing B. Diddy will be great for the Warriors because it gives them a star (when healthy) and they'll have one of the best backcourts in the league with Davis and J-Rich. B. Diddy is an underrated defender, and his defense is often overlooked because of the points and shots he puts up.

The Warriors probably want to give up Speedy and Dale Davis, but the Hornets will want the draft pick and Dale Davis, so I see both teams finding middle ground and Dunleavey being shipped off with Davis for the Baron.

20. BDfor3

BDfor3 JBB JustBBall Member

if the trade does go down, the warriors will have one of the best looking back courts in the league. BD and jrich? can you say "highlight reel"?