Warriors Getting Baron Davis!!!!!

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by oaktank88, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

I'd give the draft pick up and DD for Davis...

2. hipokrat_x(LV)

hipokrat_x(LV) JBB JustBBall Member

Davis with Dunleavy? That would be a robbery!! [​IMG]

3. Warriorfansnc93

I think giving up the draft pick would be most beneficial to us for a few reasons.

1. Not a strong draft this year. If we had a chance at Lebron, I would not give this up.
    2. If we get BD, then our wins will probably go up and we will have a worse draft pick than what we are probably going to get at this point. Unless NO says they want it protected...
    3. We keep our core players Dunleavy and Pietrus. I was one of Dunleavy's biggest critics over the years, but with his recent play he has shown some aggressiveness. If he can build on it, then I will be happy. If he tanks then we dont resign him and we dont lose anything by shipping him off to NO and have him blow up...

4. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

I really hope this deal goes down but it almost seems to good to be true. I mean the Bay Area landing Randy Moss and Baron Davis in a matter of days?

5. Warriorfansnc93

6. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Warriorfansnc93:</div><div class="quote_post">I think giving up the draft pick would be most beneficial to us for a few reasons.

1. Not a strong draft this year. If we had a chance at Lebron, I would not give this up.
    2. If we get BD, then our wins will probably go up and we will have a worse draft pick than what we are probably going to get at this point. Unless NO says they want it protected...
    3. We keep our core players Dunleavy and Pietrus. I was one of Dunleavy's biggest critics over the years, but with his recent play he has shown some aggressiveness. If he can build on it, then I will be happy. If he tanks then we dont resign him and we dont lose anything by shipping him off to NO and have him blow up...</div> Good point, but with the addition of B. Diddy, the Warriors cap space disappears and they will be faced with a tough decision with Dunleavy a year from now. Can they afford him? Will he be worth the money he wants? Of course more things can happen in a year, but Mullin and Cohen likely have those concerns on their mind.

7. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">Good point, but with the addition of B. Diddy, the Warriors cap space disappears and they will be faced with a tough decision with Dunleavy a year from now. Can they afford him? Will he be worth the money he wants? Of course more things can happen in a year, but Mullin and Cohen likely have those concerns on their mind.</div>

From what I understand, we dont have cap space as it is, but since he is our player we can go over the cap to re-sign him. If we go over the cap, we will have to pay a luxury tax, but Mullin has those decisions to make and Cohan evidentally has his back on whatever decision Mullin makes.

8. Warriorfansnc93

Well, it looks like it was too good to be true. If Mullin turned this deal down because he did not want to give up Dunleavy I am going to be pissed! It could be something where we hear something in a few hours that the trade happened buy some minor issues had to be hammered out...

9. Da_Future_2k5

Da_Future_2k5 JBB Banned Member

marc stein was on espn news.. said the league has given them an extra hour, and the discussions are still going on, and he still expects it to go down. dont lose hope dawg

10. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

Come on....everybody start praying!!!!!!!

11. Bay_Area_Fan

Bay_Area_Fan JBB JustBBall Member

According to Marc Stein, the deal is Baron Davis for Dale Davis, Speedy Claxton and possibly a draft pick. Let's hope it goes through.

12. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

According to Rick Barry, we got Davis!!! Need a detail though...

13. Warriorfansnc93

I hope this goes through. This will be the biggest trade since we got Larry Hughes back in like 99, 2000

14. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Baron is offically a Warrior

ESPN just reported It.

15. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

What I read from espn board, we got Davis for Davis and Speedy. If we don't get raped by salary later years and Davis stays healthy, this is a highway robbery! [​IMG]

16. GSWScruff

GSWScruff JBB JustBBall Member

Well, this is the hearsay on the deal from the ESPN board:

1. Baron Davis to Golden State

2. Dale Davis & Speedy Claxton to New Orleans( Davis final year and Claxton two more)

3. 500,000 cash

4. plus the Higher Lottery Pick( If the lucky ball gives GS the lets say #1 pick and the Hornets are #3...the Hornets get the #1 ( swap )

If this is true, we stole him! This is pretty much Speedy for Baron straight up, since we almost certainly will get the lower pick in the draft anyways. Add another young player to the core . . .

17. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

18. GSWScruff

Hah, nice no draft picks included.

Oh yeah:
    Draft Jamison -> trade Jamison for Van Exel -> trade Van Exel for Dickau and Davis -> trade Dickau for $1M trade exception -> trade Davis for Baron
    Looking better!

19. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

YES! Thank god Mullin pulled off something. When Pietrus wasn't playing, I though he was going to do Nene for Pietrus, but we kept him. Whew. And then we get B-Diddy! Oh yeah, look at the lineup:

PG: Baron Davis/ Flores
    SG: Jason Richardson/ Fisher
    SF: Mickael Pietrus/ Rodney White/ Zarko
    PF: Mike Dunleavy/ Zarko/ Skitishvili
    C: Troy Murphy/ Adonal/ AB

Whoo!!!! The arena will be sold out Sunday, guranteed

20. GSWScruff

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J-Rich23:</div><div class="quote_post">Whoo!!!! The arena will be sold out Sunday, guranteed</div>That would be AWESOME for the team. If tons of people show and actually make some noise, that will be a huge confidence boost. Detroit might not know what they are in for!