Warriors Getting Baron Davis!!!!!

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by oaktank88, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J-Rich23:</div><div class="quote_post">The Warriors foum is now like the traffic across the bay bridge during rush hour. Packed and everyone is talking their heads off</div> Yeah like 75% of the posts here are mine and yours. [​IMG]

2. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Need4Sheed:</div><div class="quote_post">I think it's a good building block, but still think the Warriors won't make the playoffs in the next 3 years.

And yes you can remember me saying this.</div>
    If the W's pieces get better and the West gets weaker, who knows. This is just a start... the frontcourt looks weak, but the backcourt looks solid. And I'm sure you thought the Pistons were going to win the championship last year before Rasheed or even after they got him ... [​IMG]

3. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah like 75% of the posts here are mine and yours. [​IMG]</div>

Yeah, me and Warriorsfansnc93 had a debate on Dunleavy early on in the season. I got 42 posts that day [​IMG]

4. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J-Rich23:</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah, me and Warriorsfansnc93 had a debate on Dunleavy early on in the season. I got 42 posts that day [​IMG]</div>
    Quality not quantity I hope [​IMG]

Anyway, I can't wait till Kwan and Wtwalker give their feedback on the season's draft. We won't be going for Chris Paul unless it means we're picking for somebody else and then trading that pick. Maybe we'll go #4 or #5 this season. Probably not enough to get Andrew Bogut.

5. goldenstatefan

goldenstatefan JBB JustBBall Member

The Warriors now have some great pieces. I wouldn't mind seeing them somehow use their lottery pick and some of that young talent to move up and take Bogut with the number one overall pick.

6. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

Maybe my prediction that team would go 24 and 6 will be correct.
    This Optimism thing may actually work.

7. og15

og15 JBB *********

I love the Warriors, I'm a fan of Baron, and I'm happy he's been put on a team he can take to the playoffs. Baron is said to have slimmed down, he should be in good shape, and if he can do well in the off-season, and even only stay relatively healthy next season [67-70] games, he'll carry the Warriors to the playoffs.

Baron - J-Rich - Dunleavy - Murphy - Foyle, that's a pretty good starting lineup, center is obviously still a little weak, but good nonetheless.

Baron's scoring will go down as he doesn't have to carry the offensive load anymore, I expect numbers like:

19-20 points | 4 rebounds | 8-9 assists | 2+ steals | 42% FG | 35% 3PT from him as a Warrior, good trade. Also good trade for the Hornets, they have a very smart GM.

8. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J-Rich23:</div><div class="quote_post">I think we will win. B-Diddy versus Chauncy is B-Diddy's game. Jason vs. Rip is Jason's time to shine, Beastie (Dunleavy) vs. Prince, is Prince all the way, Murphy vs. Sheed, just about even, and Big Ben vs Foyle, Big Ben. We have a big chance to prove ourselves</div>

I know you are happy to get Baron as you should but don't even begin to compare yourselves with the defending champions. It makes you look like a homer, among other things [​IMG]

9. upsidedownside7

upsidedownside7 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AllNet:</div><div class="quote_post">I know you are happy to get Baron as you should but don't even begin to compare yourselves with the defending champions. It makes you look like a homer, among other things [​IMG]</div>

Hey allnet,

Remember all those times I threw a party on here and invited all the posters except you? Well I'm so happy that I'm even inviting you! You'll have the duties of being designated driver, pizza boy, coat taker and orderve man. B-Diddy trade party at my house everyone!

10. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting upsidedownside7:</div><div class="quote_post">Hey allnet,

Remember all those times I threw a party on here and invited all the posters except you? Well I'm so happy that I'm even inviting you! You'll have the duties of being designated driver, pizza boy, coat taker and orderve man. B-Diddy trade party at my house everyone!</div>

Ah I see

You have parties for the lottery and getting Baron while I have parties for championships..hmmm[​IMG]

In all seriousness, It's hard to even think about a party with your daughter in one arm and the other with work documents [​IMG]

11. GSWScruff

GSWScruff JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AllNet:</div><div class="quote_post">Ah I see

You have parties for the lottery and getting Baron while I have parties for championships..hmmm[​IMG]

In all seriousness, It's hard to even think about a party with your daughter in one arm and the other with work documents [​IMG]</div>
    Dude, that's great that you have parties for championships. You are from San Antonio, your favorite player is Ray Allen, and your avatar is Ben Wallace.

Well between the Spurs, Sonics, and Pistons, you've got 1/10th of the league covered there. Actually, since all of those teams will make the playoffs, you have 3/16 teams covered! That's almost a 20% chance of winning a championship! Congrats!

Meanwhile, we cheer for the Warriors, who have a 0% chance of winning the championship, so we celebrate when celebration is due . . . regardless of who is sleeping with upsidedownside's daughter on any given day. [​IMG]

12. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GSWScruff:</div><div class="quote_post">Dude, that's great that you have parties for championships. You are from San Antonio, your favorite player is Ray Allen, and your avatar is Ben Wallace.

Well between the Spurs, Sonics, and Pistons, you've got 1/10th of the league covered there. Actually, since all of those teams will make the playoffs, you have 3/16 teams covered! That's almost a 20% chance of winning a championship! Congrats!

Meanwhile, we cheer for the Warriors, who have a 0% chance of winning the championship, so we celebrate when celebration is due . . . regardless of who is sleeping with upsidedownside's daughter on any given day. [​IMG]</div>

I don't care much for the Sonics, Ray Allen is my favourite player thats It. Doesn't matter where he plays.

Born and raised in San Antonio former season ticket holder.

Moved to Detroit and people there got me into the Pistons even through the bad years. It just happened they become good purely because of trading one of my all-time favourites Grant Hill.

But wait why do I have to explain things to someone I don't even have a clue about.

Are you new here?

nevermind.........

You guys should happy with getting Baron, It at least gives you a chance to make the playoffs next season. All you need now is for Mike D to live up to his potenial and to get a real center.

13. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting goldenstatefan:</div><div class="quote_post">The Warriors now have some great pieces. I wouldn't mind seeing them somehow use their lottery pick and some of that young talent to move up and take Bogut with the number one overall pick.</div>
    Bogut's going to be the most demanded pick, so I doubt we get him especially since Atlanta will need him more and has a really poor record. Charlotte and New Orleans probably wouldn't mind him either since he seems versatile enough to play center or power forward.

14. GSWScruff

No AllNet, you don't have to explain yourself. And yes, I am new here, but this is the first time on this board or any sports message board that I have seen that a moderator shows up out of the blue to call my fellow fans homers and to cut on our team for being bad. So that is why I reacted the way I did. Since you are steering the conversation back towards basketball, I apologize.

15. GSWScruff

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AllNet:</div><div class="quote_post">You guys should happy with getting Baron, It at least gives you a chance to make the playoffs next season. All you need now is for Mike D to live up to his potenial and to get a real center.</div>Yeah, I agree. Mike D has been headed in the right direction the last few games, and I hope he continues down that path, because he could definately help us. Although, if we have a chance to get a good upgrade at center and Mike is part of the deal, I think he's got to go.

If we can keep out backcourt and get a center with skills that compliment our team, people start becoming expendable. If we can get a big man who can post up and rebound well, Murph is expendable. If we can get a big man who can post up and pass well, Dunleavy is expendable.

16. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GSWScruff:</div><div class="quote_post">No AllNet, you don't have to explain yourself. And yes, I am new here, but this is the first time on this board or any sports message board that I have seen that a moderator shows up out of the blue to call my fellow fans homers and to cut on our team for being bad. So that is why I reacted the way I did. Since you are steering the conversation back towards basketball, I apologize.</div>

J-rich should know I was only kidding around, which is why I put the laughing emotion at the end of my post. If you are here to stay then you will soon find out that alot of the stuff I post has plenty of humor In It and alot of what I say is sometimes you could say tongue in cheek.

now I will give my thoughts on the Warriors after this trade...

In the summer I bashed Chris Mullin for the moves he made by signing Fisher to that huge contract along with Foyle but he has started to turn things around.

Trading for a guy like Baron is huge, only If he stays heathly though. He has a huge contract and him being hurt will just destroy your cap. However a heathly Baron Davis is a top 15 player and a top 3 point guard. You team that up with J-rich and you have maybe the best backcourt in the NBA (If J-rich keeps on improving) Murphy is a soild double double guy when heathly as well.

I don't know if Mike D is the answer at the 3 spot. He has alot of talent but there's just something about him that makes It hard to believe he will change his ways. His play must increase on the defensive end

If you can somehow steal Samuel Dalembert away from Philly to fill that center position then you may well be a playoff team next year. I like the pieces that are there, you just need to add to It.

Baron and Murphy are really "If they stay heathly" players but If they can stay heathly then the Warriors will have a good chance at making the playoffs.

Also- Rodney White could be a decent pick-up off the bench, some here may not think he is in the long terms plans but the guy has potenial and can give a team a boost with some offense in limited minutes. You just need to watch what he does in the summer with his "shooting" practise [​IMG]

17. upsidedownside7

upsidedownside7 JBB JustBBall Member

Hell no...I won't have a daughter for a long time so you better get started on that time machine. Getting Baron Davis is a reason to celebrate when we've had suck for the last 11 years. Man...you ruined the party, I'm kicking you out again. Derek Fisher bought a mansion in Blackhawk, CA so we'll throw one there and allnet can be a ruiner elsewhere. PARTY!!!!

18. Custodianrules2

Umm... I'm staying out this one. [​IMG] It's all you guys.