Warriors @ Jazz Game Thread

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Stockton, Nov 24, 2005.

1. Stockton

Stockton JBB

<div align="center">[​IMG] @ [​IMG]
    <font color=""DarkOrange"">Golden State Warriors</font> (7-6) @ <font color=""Navy"">Utah Jazz</font> (6-7)</div>

When: Friday 25th November, 9:00 PM (EST)
    Where: Delta Center
    Local TV: FSN / FSBay
    National TV: NBALP

Streaks

<font color=""DarkOrange"">Warriors:</font> Lost 1
    <font color=""Navy"">Jazz:</font> Won 2

Last Result

<font color=""DarkOrange"">Warriors:</font> Spurs 113 @ Warriors 89
    <font color=""Navy"">Jazz:</font> Jazz 93 @ Sonics 87

Last Ten

<font color=""DarkOrange"">Warriors:</font> 5-5
    <font color=""Navy"">Jazz:</font> 4-6

Last Met

November 4: Jazz 91 @ Warriors 85

<div align="center">Projected Starters</div>

<div align="center"><font color=""DarkOrange"">Warriors</font></div>

<div align="center">[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    <font size=""1"">Baron Davis, Jason Richardson, Mike Dunleavy, Troy Murphy, Adonal Foyle</font>

<font color=""Navy"">Utah</font>

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    <font size=""1"">Deron Williams, Gordan Giricek, Matt Harpring, Mehmet Okur, Greg Ostertag</font></div>

My Prediction

Warriors by 5

2. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

This is gonna be a tough game for the Warriors to win. The Jazz are always play solid against the Warriors, especially at home. We'll see how the Warriors react after being crushed by the Spurs yesterday.

3. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">This is gonna be a tough game for the Warriors to win. The Jazz are always play solid against the Warriors, especially at home. We'll see how the Warriors react after being crushed by the Spurs yesterday.</div>

Utah are playing well right now, so maybe we can keep it up till we get AK back [​IMG]

4. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

Having AK47 is a huge blow for your team. I hope that is the reason we are able to pull out a win. With AK in I think you win, with AK out I think we win...

5. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Latest on Kirilenko

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Not to spoil the surprise, but it's possible tonight's Jazz game could include a special guest appearance.
    Andrei Kirilenko returned to practice with his teammates Thursday, and he was relatively optimistic that his sprained right ankle is healed enough that he could be activated in time to face the Warriors tonight (7 p.m., FSN Utah).
    "It feels good, and if I survive through practice, I'll be great," said Kirilenko, who indeed lasted the entire workout on Thursday. "I want to get back soon. I want to get back yesterday."
    Trainer Gary Briggs put Kirilenko through a hard workout Wednesday, and though Kirilenko reported the ankle was getting tired after more than an hour, Briggs said there was no swelling and virtually no soreness a day later.
    The Jazz have three days off after facing the Warriors, and the trainer said his preference might be to hold off on Kirilenko's return until Tuesday. But "it's possible he's going to be ready" by tonight, Briggs said. "That decision is [coach Jerry Sloan's], too."
    Sloan said he won't do anything to jeopardize his starting forward's health, but "if he can help us win and he's healthy, I'll take a chance on trying to win [tonight], because [wins] are so hard to come by," the coach said. "It's probably a decision we'll make around game time." </div>

<div align="center">Source</div>

6. Warriorfansnc93

Wow, tough loss...

7. Marbire

Marbire JBB JustBBall Member

Wow....... we were winning literally the ENTIRE game, until the last minute of the 4th. Not only was it leading, but it was by 12+ points.

Wow..... If it wasn't for that 4 pt play where they called a flagrant on Harpring, which wasn't.... God dammit.

But atleast we got to see Deron William's dunk. GOT DAMN THAT WAS SICK

8. openglfx

openglfx JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Marbire:</div><div class="quote_post">Wow....... we were winning literally the ENTIRE game, until the last minute of the 4th. Not only was it leading, but it was by 12+ points.

Wow..... If it wasn't for that 4 pt play where they called a flagrant on Harpring, which wasn't.... God dammit.

But atleast we got to see Deron William's dunk. GOT DAMN THAT WAS SICK</div>
    How was that not a flagrant foul on Harpring raking across Dunleavy's face?

9. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Marbire:</div><div class="quote_post">Wow....... we were winning literally the ENTIRE game, until the last minute of the 4th. Not only was it leading, but it was by 12+ points.

That was nice. Diogu got shitted on for being late...

10. Marbire

Marbire JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting openglfx:</div><div class="quote_post">How was that not a flagrant foul on Harpring raking across Dunleavy's face?</div>

Well I guess in the replay he gets a hit to the face a little..... I just thought it wasn't that bad. I'm also a little frustrated though. [​IMG]

11. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Tough loss for the Jazz. They outplayed the Warriors the entire game until the last minute or so. The Warriors made 15 points in the last 1:35.

12. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

Wow, sounds like we blew this game [​IMG] I sure wished we could of held on at home, we've been playing so well, how did we lose, missed FT's?

13. SanQuinn

SanQuinn JBB Banned Member

You damn Mormans are fools. go back to your 10 wives and learn some b-ball dumbasses. you should have known you woud get schooled by the Warriors. You fucken Stockton short shorts homos need to wake up BABAY!!!

14. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Marbire:</div><div class="quote_post">

I am loving Deron Williams in my fantasy league. Good at point and shooting guard. I like watching his game too. I thought he wouldn't have much NBA 3-point range or couldn't get by many other NBA point guards, but he's so smart and incredibly strong for a point. The fact he can dunk too is pretty darn awesome.

15. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Marbire:</div><div class="quote_post">Well I guess in the replay he gets a hit to the face a little..... I just thought it wasn't that bad. I'm also a little frustrated though. [​IMG]</div>

The Jazz have a great team under Jerry Sloan. Once they get their talent back from injury, they should be rocking again. They do have the ability to punish a lot of stupid teams with play execution. Now if they can get some scorers on there that can also defend that should add more balance. I feel kind of bad for Curtis Borchardt being injured all the time. I thought that guy had some real potential in the Jazz offense. He could hit the outside shot, he was a good shotblocker, he could pass the ball well from the high post, he was very mobile and tall. Anyway props to the Jazz. I've been a big fan of Jerry Sloan because of his system and he didn't cut and run when the Mailman and Stockton left/retired.

16. Warriorfansnc93

Yeah I did not think he was going to be that good. I thought Paul was going to be better. Both are looking pretty good, but Williams is so much more mature physically...

Yall got a nice PG...

17. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Warriors 94 - Jazz 90. Utah's biggest lead in the game was 19 points. The Warriors shot just over 60% from the line and just under 40% from the court but still managed to get the win on the road. Deron Williams had 24 points (season high), 7 assists and 5 rebounds. Okur had 15 rebounds.