Warriors make 5 year, 90 million dollar offer to Brand

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Run BJM, Jul 2, 2008.

1. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shapecity @ Jul 7 2008, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>There was a report in LA, that Elton Brand put one of his homes in LA for sale.</div>

In other news...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Yeah, I heard about that Brand's house up for sale. Not sure what to make of that. Sounds mighty curious. Maybe Elton Brand is moving into Baron's new pad. [​IMG]

Nah, I'm sure Brand is now moving out of LA. I mean if he's got no other home right now in LA and he wants to move his family to the city of his new team...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/warrio...;entry_id=27933

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The Warriors initially proposed five years at about $90 million, and I'm not sure if they're willing go up to the absolute max (estimated to be around $95 million). I'm told the Clippers aren't budging from their original plans to fit both Brand (5 yrs, $70-$75 million) and Baron Davis (5 yrs, $65 million) under the cap by first renouncing their rights to Brand and Corey Maggette. It's why the Clips agreed to Baron/Brand deals to begin with, and why they are limited in how many years and how much they can offer.

(As was put to me fairly emphatically: The alternative of signing Brand first, which would take away his cap hold and allow the Clips to offer a sixth guaranteed year, is not under consideration. They would rather lose Brand to the Warriors or Sixers and go in a different direction with their cap room).</div>

Let's get some revenge on Baron!

3. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

Brand is a nice fit but realistically a dream at this point; even if he comes here, he's not that excited and would only be coming for the $$, not really a good way to start relations.

I'm okay with the W's not signing anyone else, because there is really not much out there and as in real life, you need to spend your $$ for something you really want otherwise later on when something really good arrives, you are capped out. The cap space is there to be used, but use it wisely, not at the first hot girl that walks by.

Josh Smith is a great physical marvel, but has a very low basketball IQ; he could be like KG but KG's basketball IQ has always been high. You almost never saw him take stupid jumpers or make stupid passes. You see Smith do that all the time. If there is a Hawk I'd want? Its Horford, he knows how to play.