Warriors Notebook

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Rudeezy, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Evan Eschmeyer will go through the season without so much as practicing with the Warriors, who obtained the 6-foot-11 center from Dallas in the Nick Van Exel-Antawn Jamison trade in August....</div>

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Richardson's competition: Indiana's Fred Jones, Denver's Chris Andersen and Boston's Ricky Davis will join Warriors shooting guard Jason Richardson in Saturday's Slam Dunk contest in Los Angeles. Richardson, the two-time defending champion, will seek to become the first player to win three times.</div>

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Briefly: Van Exel (left hip pointer) warmed up and was in uniform in Seattle but did not play for the third consecutive game. ... The Warriors committed seven turnovers, one off their season low. ... Seattle dropped a season-low three games below .500 (24-27). ... Brian Cardinal has started the last three games at small forward and averaged 16 points on 59.3 percent shooting from the field.</div>

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...SPGM14U1CT1.DTL

2. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Maybe we'll do a trade to unload all of our gimps. Fat chance of that happening unless we package somebody.

3. Rudeezy

Evan Eschmeyer is making some serious cash by just sitting on the bench. Is this guy that good? Is he worth hanging on to? He has been rumored in almost every trade thus far.

4. Custodianrules2

He's not a shotblocker, he's an okay rebounder, he's not a scorer. Oh yes and he's very injury prone. You give him a boo boo on his finger he's out for the season.

5. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">He's not a shotblocker, he's an okay rebounder, he's not a scorer. Oh yes and he's very injury prone. You give him a boo boo on his finger he's out for the season.</div>

Why did he get signed to such a huge contract by the Mavericks? Dont tell me because Marc Cuban wanted to. He had to have done something to warrant a heavy contract.

6. Custodianrules2

Probably because the Dallas team has no centers and they were desperate. I mean they lost La Frentz, all they have is Sean Bradley. Can you say small ball?

7. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Warriorfansnc93:</div><div class="quote_post">Why did he get signed to such a huge contract by the Mavericks? Dont tell me because Marc Cuban wanted to. He had to have done something to warrant a heavy contract.</div>Thats what I was wondering. He must be valuable to some extent.

8. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">Probably because the Dallas team has no centers and they were desperate. I mean they lost La Frentz, all they have is Sean Bradley. Can you say small ball?</div>

I thought I read when the trade first happened last summer that he had some big games at least. I figured eh, salary cap fodder, but you can never have too many big guys.

9. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Warriorfansnc93:</div><div class="quote_post">I figured eh, salary cap fodder, but you can never have too many big guys.</div>Especially if you are the injury prone Warriors.

10. jayserinos99

jayserinos99 JBB JustBBall Member

How long does Eschmeyer's contract run for?